JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got this proposed legislation from a credible source. To the best of my knowledge it is not been broken anywhere on the internet so you are reading it here at NWFA first. I can't say exactly how I got it but I can prove that I took it straight from Harvard University's website and that it is not available publicly.

Please spread this far and wide to other gunsites.

Unfit Persons Firearms Act of 2013

1 Unfit persons shall be defined as: (a) a mentally ill person, (b) a person who has been convicted of a felony, (c) a non national of the United States of America, (d) a person deemed by a judicial review panel to be unfit, (e) a person who is deemed by the Department of Homeland Security to be unfit and a danger to society.

2 All persons attempting to purchase a gun shall get a free permit from the Division of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives of the Department of Justice prior to purchasing any firearm.

3 All Federally licensed gun dealers, state licensed gun dealers, and private parties are prohibited from selling to any person deemed unfit. Further, it is the responsibility of the selling party to verify a permit as well as a certification of fitness from a licensed psychologist. Failure to adhere to this prohibition will be punishable by 5 years in jail, a fine up to $100,000, or both.

4 All persons seeking to purchase a gun shall, before purchase, be cleared psychologically by an approved psychologist. This assessment will verify, in writing, that to the best of the practitioners' belief the person seeking to purchase a firearm is mentally competent to purchase, possess, and responsibly own a firearm. Attempting to purchase a firearm without psychological clearance will be punishable by 5 years in jail, a fine up to $100,000, or both.

5 The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives shall maintain a list of qualified psychologists.

6 All owners of firearms must be evaluated once every year by an approved psychologist. If the psychologist deems someone previously competent to later be incompetent, it is the responsibility of the psychologist to notify local authorities so that any guns owned may be confiscated. Further, a permit to own and operate a firearm must be renewed every year with the Division of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

7 Any person found to be in possession of a firearm without certification of fitness or a permit will be guilty of Felony possession of a firearm. A first offense shall be punishable by a mandatory fine of $10,000. A second offense shall be punishable by a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 60 days. A third offense shall be punishable by a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 5 years.

8 Under no circumstances does this Act create a registry of guns owned. No central database of guns owned or purchased shall be created or maintained by any division or department of the Federal government. This Act does not create a prohibition of the states to create an maintain a registry as such a registry is a right of the States to mandate, create, and implement.

9 This Act does not create a mandate to maintain liability insurance for possession of a gun. This Act does not, however, create a prohibition of the States to mandate that owners of guns keep and maintain liability insurance.

Are they crazy or what? I'm not a lawyer, yet this seems to clearly go against the "shall not be infringed" (and several other rights along the way too!)
So to buy a gun you are required to go to a psychologist, he "potentially" finds you unfit and you are given one of these go crazy drugs, what a way to control guns and put money in the pockets of drug companies along the way. Oh, and don't forget your annual "you're not crazy" checkup appointment :)

2w591.gif

Personally I could probably benefit from seeing a shrink every year.

"Sorry sir, under section bla bla of the bla bla legal code your admission will now preclude you from gun ownership, thank you and here is your bill for my services..." "A copy of our session has been forwarded to the ATF and your local LEO"

(e) a person who is deemed by the Department of Homeland Security to be unfit and a danger to society.

Yeah, that pretty much covers all of us. You've all seen who the DHS considers terrorists, and it ain't the real terrorists. :rolleyes:

The want to purchase, buy, own, or use a firearm will be deemed a psychological deficiency that will make an applicant unfit. Only those that don't want a firearm will be deemed fit.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top