JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I isolated one of the characters and then searched the major Southeast Asia alphabets and couldn't find any matches. Also did a Google image search of the character and nothing but "calligraphy" and "line art" suggestions. Frustrating...

20190307_202755 - Copy (3).jpg

I isolated one of the characters and then searched the major Southeast Asia alphabets and couldn't find any matches. Also did a Google image search of the character and nothing but "calligraphy" and "line art" suggestions. Frustrating...

View attachment 558354

That matches the results I've been getting. I' m starting to think I'll go to my grave not knowing what it is and then it'll be my daughter's mystery to solve...

Many years ago, after my dad passed, we found some aluminum tokens that appear similar, smaller hole and English wording stamped on them. Turns out they were for the old inter-urban trolley line in Portland. I recall riding them with my parents in the '40's. Geez, I'm old!

Many years ago, after my dad passed, we found some aluminum tokens that appear similar, smaller hole and English wording stamped on them. Turns out they were for the old inter-urban trolley line in Portland. I recall riding them with my parents in the '40's. Geez, I'm old!

I'll make sure my daughter doesn't have to find it. I'll put it in her hand with my dying breath just to make sure it bugs her for the rest of her life just as much as it's been bugging me since I found it. I'm not just old, I'm kinda cantankerous too. I told her I'd get even with her someday for all the times she shirked her chores and disappeared along with her horse and tack. This might just be the ticket...

Put it up for sale on eBay. You might be surprised on what it could bring.

That's probably a good idea, but I wouldn't have the first idea how to go about it and I've found that trying anything more complicated than posting on this site and basic Google searches put my phone in serious jeopardy of being used as a clay pigeon. I don't own a computer...

I think it's the shell off a button of some sort, made in a foreign land. How it got there is a mystery.

I once found a similar object that is solid alloy and appeared to be a button; has a few markings on it that appear to be a foreign language like Arabic or Asian. I thought it was interesting enough I threw it in my coin collection.

Or it could be a weird coin. View attachment 556617
I'm guessing it's a token for use in a pay phone, based on the rotary dial on the back.

Maybe no one can find a matching alphabet because these letters are in reverse. It may be used by inking it and pressing it against paper, etc, like a rubber stamp.

Try making a mirror image, then looking for a letter match.

Bruce

I had the same thought but discounted it because of the large(ish) diameter and the lack of any markings on the back.
It says, "You're digging in the wrong spot!" ;)

...or its the key to The Stargate...one or the other. :p:D

----------------------------------
Maybe no one can find a matching alphabet because these letters are in reverse. It may be used by inking it and pressing it against paper, etc, like a rubber stamp.

Try making a mirror image, then looking for a letter match.

Bruce
Here's the image, reversed....

20190307_202755.jpg

...almost looks like, "Love", "Profile" and "b23 m Foo" are now visable.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR