JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just thinking about how gun owners are a diverse group of peopleno matter what the media says. We are Christian, Muslims, jews, and atheists. We are sr8, gay. Doctors, lawyers, bussiness owner, cooks, construction workers, and computer guys. We are white, black, foreign and everything in between. We all have one thing in common, we all love freedom. I've personally seen this trading guns.

I've done deals with alot of white guys and Asian people.
I've sold and bought from Hispanics, lesbians, black people, American indians, small frame women, and today a russian fella (maybe Ukrainian) hell I've even sold to a person who was deaf and another in a wheelchair.

We all know the types the know it all, the lowballer (at the meeting) jerk, the passive person, and the bullshizer. (Talks for ever)

I can finally cross "do a gun deal with every major group of people in the usa" of my bucket list.

What are some of your experiences.

I've sold to several Russians in the last few years, sold to one totally crazy nut job,( he had a conealed carry permit) the strangest was buying an AR from a blind guy standing outside a gun show in Medford by himself, he said his wife had bought it for him just before he lost his eye sight and never got a chance to fire it. I used to buy and sell a lot but after Nazi bill 941 passed in oregon I haven't bought or sold anything

I can't say for religious beliefs or sexual orientation, but I've bought from and sold to a variety of people, young and old, blue and white collar, even former LEO and military. White, black, Hispanic and Asian. Male and female. All have been very friendly and great to talk to and do business with.

I have to say I really miss that under the current regime's failure of a bill, SB941.

It's too bad more people don't get to see the real gun community. We are nothing like the media portrays us.

Last Edited:
Actually all of my firearm transactions are through my local gunsmith's shop. I want to keep him in business, and a few bucks do not mean a whole lot to me. I also figure I get any nickles and dimes back when I need a good gunsmith to do work on one of my firearms. I give him the gun on consignement and he sells it, taking 20% of the transaction price. Easy, no brainer and I get great service that I can count on in every transaction with his shop. Like I said I do not concern myself with a few bucks here, or there. If you do, I can understand wanting to pinch every penny you can get out of a deal. My dad is like that, then he still darns his socks because socks are not worth what they are charging these days for them. Different strokes for different folks. Be happy with your choices.

I've sold to humans.

Except that one, I think it was an animal. Not positive but I can tell you he look like a man. Yeah, he is. I tell you everyting.

I think I have a problem. I think I'm a hoarder cause every time I sell a gun I end up regretting it and then the whining starts and then my friends won't come around and my wife and children won't talk to me cause all I talk about is the gun I shouldn't have sold and now I need to buy another one to make me feel better and shut up the whining about the one I sold. I think I have a problem.
See, this thread is suppose to be about who we've sold to, not whining about ones we've sold, Help !!!

Not including gun store employees: just fellow cops and family. The only exception was a .30-40 Krag-Jorgensen I bought from a fellow employee when I worked at Leupold several years ago.

My humble collection has reached a point where I possess two of everything I want, so I don't see much buying/selling/trading in the foreseeable future. Once I buy something I tend to hang on to it, with a very few notable exceptions.

Well until the stupid law was enacted I dealt with a lot of good people on this website both as a buyer and a seller. It was nice being around like minded people who enjoy and respect firearms.

All have been good and all I took due diligence to ensure they were not felons.
But with UCC and SB941 I am much more careful with my trades and sales.

We have something in Douglas County working well so Prozanski can kiss my arse.

I only sold two handguns prior to 941. Both sales were to friends who I knew were legal so there was no worry about prohibited persons. And even then, I took a bill of sale just to cover my backside should they later sell them to someone else.

Old, young, cops and cripples. From an Asian dude out the back door of a restaurant to a bikers garage to a LEO in a Fred Meyers parking lot. Most of the leftist side of my family would cringe at the thought of getting into a car with an armed stranger. I always thought it made for a great way to spend a Saturday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top