JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a few guns that really fill one purpose. Example CZ P01 & P07 (9mm). Sig P229 & SP2022(40). Two ARs as well I'm in the mood, got the itch, how ever you explain it for another gun but it's hard to justify.

I've heard some people have just one gun but I've never actually seen it. I feel somewhat gluttonous having more guns than I can carry, but I'm hoping to get over that.

nwslopoke
GIVE IT UP, . . . You'll never get over it. . . . You'll always need one more gun than you currently have!!!!!
"Hello, my name is Sheldon I'm addicted to Hoppe's No. 9 . . ."

Sheldon

There's a rifle I'm looking at that's about $700 now. I don't need to add yet another caliber but i am concerned about the coming months.

how ever you explain it for another gun but it's hard to justify.
It is? How about if one is a gun enthusiast/collector. I have five lever action rifles and three are in 30-30 Winchester - and that's just lever action. Some of us have been around guns a little longer than others and 'carry' is not the primary reason for ownership.

For me, guns are like a set of golf clubs. I may have 3 "deer rifles", but they all fit a different niche. Is there some overlap, yes. But why relegate yourself to playing with a 7 iron when you can use something better suited for a long fairway on a par 5 or a chip shot just off the green?

I have been down to no guns and as high as forty something. As for explaining a purpose for them, well, who cares? I want them just because I can. A "brace" of pistols is better than having to stop and reload, so there. I don't hunt anymore but I want to be able to exercise that option. So what if I have a rifle capable of stopping a truck or a helicopter, you never know when one is going to run amok.

Btw what is a "golf" and why do you have to club them? Wouldn't shooting them be more humane?

It is? How about if one is a gun enthusiast/collector. I have five lever action rifles and three are in 30-30 Winchester - and that's just lever action. Some of us have been around guns a little longer than others and 'carry' is not the primary reason for ownership.

Exactly! As far as lever rifles, I've "givin away" eight .30-30's all winchesters and a beautiful JM stainless .45-70 to kids and Grandkids.
Not to mention many bolt action hunting caliber rifles given to young kids that I knew the folks of that were just entering the world of hunting and needing a rifle.

All of them (too many to remember) were just bought cause I told myself I liked it.

Excuses, we don't need no stinking excuses:D

I have a few guns that really fill one purpose. Example CZ P01 & P07 (9mm). Sig P229 & SP2022(40). Two ARs as well I'm in the mood, got the itch, how ever you explain it for another gun but it's hard to justify.

I've heard some people have just one gun but I've never actually seen it. I feel somewhat gluttonous having more guns than I can carry, but I'm hoping to get over that.

Buddy bought an xdm full size .45. Seems to like it and says it's for self defense at home but doesn't keep it loaded and has no interest in buying moreo_O.

I like special purpose guns just for one thing (hunting rifle for example) but I've already told the wife I'll never stop buying guns so ill have guns just to have them at some point again.

I have given up on the reasons I need a new gun so I use the excuse that in the case of a "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE" I may need extra guns in case family members can make it to my house but had to leave too quickly to grab their stuff. (It could happen)

And of course I need to shoot them from time to time to make sure they are in good working order I don't want to issue a bad firearm to family in the middle of a "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE".

Oh and if nothing happens remember it better to be prepared and not need them, than to need them and not have them!

This is my story and I am sticking to it and I am just happy I have a large family!

Why in the world would you feel the need to rationalize, to YOURSELF, the desire to own more guns?!?
Do you have a job? If you can afford a gun, get one! It's not like guns are some scarce commodity and you'd be depriving some poor soul from having one. :D

Yea and now that I have 'discovered' the Mossberg MMR I MAY be an AR owner (again) - The Mossberg is the only AR that 'floats my boat' - good reviews and incredible accuracy. AND my B-day is coming up soon and I typically buy myself a gun every year as a present to myself!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top