JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OP here- Ha, you guys are pretty funny. I am thinking about a 308. And while I do have a job, 308 does get sort of pricey just to poke holes in paper. I think of the cheaper ways I already have to poke holes in paper and it does weigh a little heavy on the brain.

I had a 30-06 for I while. One of the few guns I've sold. Mainly because it was about $1 a round at the time. When the same hole can be made for $ .05-.45. Now I definitely don't have any where near the firearms many here have, I've been blessed in the last handful of years to pick up my share.

The Century Arms C308 has caught my attention. I was able to fend off the "need" for an AR10. The problem is, knowing my history if I did pick up the C308 an AR10 will follow in relative short order.

If cost of ammo is your big concern, maybe you should try another pass time. Say collecting mortuary brochures.

It is a real thing to some people. I'll keep shooting as one of my ways to pass the time. I always took guns with ammo as a no brainer so I do my best to keep them somewhat matched up.

OP here- Ha, you guys are pretty funny. I am thinking about a 308. And while I do have a job, 308 does get sort of pricey just to poke holes in paper. I think of the cheaper ways I already have to poke holes in paper and it does weigh a little heavy on the brain.

I had a 30-06 for I while. One of the few guns I've sold. Mainly because it was about $1 a round at the time. When the same hole can be made for $ .05-.45. Now I definitely don't have any where near the firearms many here have, I've been blessed in the last handful of years to pick up my share.

The Century Arms C308 has caught my attention. I was able to fend off the "need" for an AR10. The problem is, knowing my history if I did pick up the C308 an AR10 will follow in relative short order.
I'm pretty sure you've never shot an AR10. Because once you shoot an AR10 you pretty quickly realize that you do, in fact, need an AR10. :)
(sarc)

Cheapskate here:oops:.

I'd only use a 30-06 for hunting with - not plinking.

Ammo is always a factor, otherwise I'd be into the 300bo

I was down to one rifle, but you know how somethings change. "My" rifle is a 30-06 and I don't usually plink with it, but I have. I took it to an Appleseed event or two. Great way to learn your gun, also a great way to make a pile of empty casings. Even though I load my own ammo, it wasn't cheap. I will do it again, though.

All of my guns have a purpose.
Even if it is just because of some neat feature of action or pretty stock it happens to have.
I do dislike this current trend of thinking that one "needs" a gun for any given or stated purpose.
( Or one needing a reason to own a gun in the first place )

Guns and gun ownership used to be about pride in yourself , your skill and what you had.
Nowadays I see a lot of fear driving the firearm market and desire to own a gun.
Not too happy about that.
Andy

Yea and now that I have 'discovered' the Mossberg MMR I MAY be an AR owner (again) - The Mossberg is the only AR that 'floats my boat' - good reviews and incredible accuracy. AND my B-day is coming up soon and I typically buy myself a gun every year as a present to myself!
I have a birthday every month it seems.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top