JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So two axes and club walk into a bar...:D
My HBC axe ...head circa 1920's...hand is new...
Pipe Tomahawk...circa 1850's -1870's...handle is a reconstruction...
War Club replica...Maple body , stained with nitric acid...wool and brass tacks....
Andy
DSC06777.jpg

Now Andy,I know your not using those for Hawk events!

You are so very correct....
At one rendezvous I did have a few covetous looks at the HBC axe , for the tomahawk toss...but they thought better of it at the end...might have had some "help" there...but I ain't saying....:eek::D

That said I do use the HBC axe for my camp axe ...it does a great job of making firewood or pounding tent stakes...
Andy

Not sure if this is an axe or a club.
20180817_202512.jpg

My grandfather plowed this up in South Dakota over 100 years ago. When I was a boy, it was kept in "the cave" (a stand alone storm shelter/root cellar) on the farm and occasionally used to crack black walnuts. It was referred to as the "tomahawk head". Being a collector of stuff, even then, I asked Grandpa if I could have it so it became mine. He took me down to the creek, cut a small limb, mashed it in the middle with a hammer, wrapped it around the head and in a blatant act of cultural appropriation, secured it with baling wire. I added the leather thong when I got it home. Not authentic but it's a fond reminder of time with my grandfather.

Last Edited:
Not sure if this is an axe or a club.
View attachment 489573

My grandfather plowed this up in South Dakota over 100 years ago. When I was a boy, it was kept in "the cave" (a stand alone storm shelter/root cellar) on the farm and occasionally used to crack black walnuts. It was referred to as the "tomahawk head". Being a collector of stuff, even then, I asked Grandpa if I could have it so it became mine. He took me down to the creek, cut a small limb, mashed it in the middle with a hammer, wrapped it
That is really cool! Can you get some better pics of it?

@Ownerus
That is a very cool relic and reminder of your time with your Granddad...I have seen them cataloged as both a Axe or a Club...

Sorry Andy, your awesome thread is officially going sideways. Lol.

Well I have been known to "bird walk " at times in a thread ...and since this my thread and I'm a Mod...you are all banned :eek:....Just kidding...
Thread drifts are okay...besides mygrainman's joke was pretty funny....:D
Andy

@Ownerus
That is a very cool relic and reminder of your time with your Granddad...I have seen them cataloged as both a Axe or a Club...

Well I have been known to "bird walk " at times in a thread ...and since this my thread and I'm a Mod...you are all banned :eek:....Just kidding...
Thread drifts are okay...besides mygrainman's joke was pretty funny....:D
Andy
That's what my kids call a "dad joke"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR