JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you use your turn signal?

• Yes

Votes: 102 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Is this some sort of police trap?

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
I always use my signals, have for many years.

I think I may be the only one though, judging by what I see on the road :rolleyes:
Here here!!! I was taught, many, many years ago, to always be courteous and use my signals. It gives the other drivers a clue as to what you plan to do.

But I do have to agree that in the metro area, it amazes me how many people don't use them... Then again, these same drivers don't seem to know "the rules of the road" either...

It's incredible that Oregon required me to take a written test to transfer my drivers license, but yet Oregon drivers don't follow the rules in the state drivers manual...

Go figure!!!

I use them habitually. What annoys me much more than folks not using their turn signals is those that drive through red lights from the turn lane. The light turns green for me to proceed but I have to wait for two more vehicles to drive in front of me as they take a turn.

I bet you that some percentage of people who say, "Oh yes, I always use my turn signal," are lying (knowingly or ignorantly).

I admit that occasionally my wife says, "Aren't you going to use your signal?" But that's when I'm changing lanes when there's, like, NOBODY behind me. I swear!

Yep, it is a habit that happens on auto pilot.

^ This, pretty much. It is such an ingrained habit, I just do it. Though on more than one occasion I've hit the indicator and remembered I was in the middle of nowhere with no cars or any human beings for many miles around. ;)

Last Edited:
Up here, the turn signal is the direction the front tires are going.
The speed limit is the bumper of the car ahead.
Yellow means floor it!
Red means tailgate the other red-light runners!

I read in the news a while back that a State Trooper pulled a guy over after he came off an exit ramp from one interstate system onto another one and crossed over 4 lanes into the inside lane without using his turn signal.

The driver was quite irritated about getting pulled over for such a "minor infraction" and was blowing off some steam about it.

So, the trooper, instead of writing a citation for ONE infraction, wrote it up for ALL FOUR LANES he crossed without using the signal.

And, yes, I use my turn signal religiously!

Up here, the turn signal is the direction the front tires are going.
The speed limit is the bumper of the car ahead.
Yellow means floor it!
Red means tailgate the other red-light runners!

Ah, a Washington driver. Hello from Oregon!
Don't forget to add: speed up when the guy ahead of you signals to change lanes to squeeze him out. It's a WA thing.

Ah, a Washington driver. Hello from Oregon!
Don't forget to add: speed up when the guy ahead of you signals to change lanes to squeeze him out. It's a WA thing.

Right-o. So here's the technique:

Speed up and turn on your signal to get over, let the azzole rush up to block your move, then scoot in behind him into the space he just vacated. Works like a charm! :p

I almost always use my turn signal. Got a CDL, dont need the ticket.

4 way stops in Portland is what gets my goat. Half of the cars either dont wait their turn, or dont know what to do. Every bubbleguming time. Amazing.

I almost always use my turn signal. Got a CDL, dont need the ticket.

4 way stops in Portland is what gets my goat. Half of the cars either dont wait their turn, or dont know what to do. Every bubbleguming time. Amazing.

Ah yes. Never assume the other guy will acknowledge your right of way. He/she either doesn't know or doesn't care. It's a PDX thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top