JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you use your turn signal?

• Yes

Votes: 102 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Is this some sort of police trap?

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
I use them habitually. What annoys me much more than folks not using their turn signals is those that drive through red lights from the turn lane. The light turns green for me to proceed but I have to wait for two more vehicles to drive in front of me as they take a turn.

Yeah but they shouldn't be penalized for sitting at a second light because they were sitting there texting and missed their opportunity to get by, so they take it..... Flipping idgits, that's why I hate driving in big cities. Mass idgitisim!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I use my signals religiously. Even in parking lots my wife likes to point out.

But, I'd say an even bigger problem is that a lot of people that use their signals assume it gives them automatic right of way.

And, an even bigger problem than that is the lack of brake lights in this town! Not a day goes by that I see at least one vehicle (usually more) with two or all brake lights out.

Yep, people here generally will use their turn signals and whatall, bless their hearts.
Down in California, don't even think about it. Just downshift and dive, as the Romans do.
However, if it ever rains down there (I remember the great shenanigans of '43), just park that whore because you're in for a show. A really slow and retarded show.

I always use my signals, have for many years.

I think I may be the only one though, judging by what I see on the road :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's habitual! Can't hardly not use them!

Right-o. So here's the technique:

Speed up and turn on your signal to get over, let the azzole rush up to block your move, then scoot in behind him into the space he just vacated. Works like a charm! :p

With the Saburu, Outback, that's a good technique!
With my V-8, Dakota? Plenty of pony's to take anyplace I want!:cool:

I almost always use my turn signal. Got a CDL, dont need the ticket.

4 way stops in Portland is what gets my goat. Half of the cars either dont wait their turn, or dont know what to do. Every bubbleguming time. Amazing.

SERIOUSLY!!! Did you people take drivers training? Big pet peeve!:mad:

Pdx dwellers. Heck watch the cops worst abusers of everyone.
The Police are highly trained in the art of firearms, driving, texting while driving and running the laptop while driving. If you pay attention you will see that they usually maintain their speed (unlike civilians) and they generally swerved back and forth quite a bit less than your average Chinese driver.

Up here when you see someone driving poorly they seem to always have Oregon plates. I've been thinking maybe people lose all their driving skills when they are out of their own state.

I've been around long enough to realize that when people do stupid or inconsiderate things, they typically don't have any idea they are doing them. Most people are pretty oblivious to their effect on others around them.

You can't call someone a good driver without having bad drivers to compare them to. So face it, there will always be bad drivers.

Up here when you see someone driving poorly they seem to always have Oregon plates. I've been thinking maybe people lose all their driving skills when they are out of their own state.

I've been around long enough to realize that when people do stupid or inconsiderate things, they typically don't have any idea they are doing them. Most people are pretty oblivious to their effect on others around them.

You can't call someone a good driver without having bad drivers to compare them to. So face it, there will always be bad drivers.

Interesting. I have, on the other hand, noticed that Washington drivers are disproportionatly BAD drivers when on this side of the river. They tend to speed, change lanes often, tailgate, and be more aggressive and impatient, in general. Maybe they're just in a hurry to get the "he-2x hockey sticks" out of Oregon. I dunno.

Signal user here :D

On a somewhat related topic (not trying to derail) I watched an interesting video on traffic/jams and people's habits. I've actually found myself trying to adapt my driving a bit in the ways pointed out in the video... not that anyone else does so it probably isn't helping ALL that much.

Signal user here :D

On a somewhat related topic (not trying to derail) I watched an interesting video on traffic/jams and people's habits. I've actually found myself trying to adapt my driving a bit in the ways pointed out in the video... not that anyone else does so it probably isn't helping ALL that much.

At last I know why there was that mysterious no-reason stop in traffic: a chicken crossed the road. Mystery solved!

I shall use the power of The Dark Side of the Force.
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F000%2F881%2F493%2F47d.jpg

Interesting. I have, on the other hand, noticed that Washington drivers are disproportionatly BAD drivers when on this side of the river. They tend to speed, change lanes often, tailgate, and be more aggressive and impatient, in general. Maybe they're just in a hurry to get the "he-2x hockey sticks" out of Oregon. I dunno.
In life there are always going to be people who just don't get it. And they are out there driving.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top