JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's theorize here on bases. We closed our base in Subic Bay.....did the Chinese or Russians or Indonesia attack and take over the PI? Didn't think so. What did happen was the the Filipino government figured that they were really missing American greenbacks and all those odd jobs the locals got when the fleet was in. I have no problem with Israel getting a chunk of change from us. Why, because they are the most stabilizing influence in the Mideast. If Israel were gone, you would still have the Sunnis and Shias fighting over the spoils and the region would be unstable.
i would pull back some of our folks from Europe. Less nukes, the Germans and French could handle Russia IF it came down to it.
Turkey we are stuck with because of their strategic position as a crossroads and because they are relatively stable (that's in the context of their history).
Diego Garcia, yeah we keep. It has always made good sense. I'd keep up friendliness with Japan. France, cut every dime. They screw us every chance they get. They are only out for France, Africa, if it doesn't have oil let the non profits and missionaries take care of it. Civil War.... find the most dangerous war lord and send him an airmail hellfire from the nearest drone.
Do this to a few in succession and I think the rest might get the idea to back off. War on drugs......Have Monsanto come up with the nastiest poppy neutering pollen and then fog every known poppy field. Sure, people could still make synthetic drugs but all the petty Taliban warlords would run out of their cash crop. There are countries that like us and others not so much. I say quit bribing the bad actors and cut our funding to the UN. Sell the building in New York to the highest bidder. The UN hasn't been very helpful in putting brush war fires out so let them twist in the wind. How many times have the Russians stomped out of the UN when they didn't get their way. The only reason they stay in is to support the 3rd world dumps where they might have some Marxist sympathizers and need for some strategic materials. Also they like to veto us in the security council. The League of Nations nor the UN has stopped very many wars in the nearly century they have been around.

Don't give me that globalization crap. I am not saying we be belligerent but if we look after our national issues first then when the time comes to take out the big stick, whose really going to challenge us? A robust US economy and a reduced deficit keeps our strategic edge intact. Can we live by the 1960 dairy regulations or do we need the several hundred or thousands of pages tacked on since??? Keep it Simple. It goes for most the other regulations. Even the banking and stock market regulations can be simplified.
1,000 workers needed for the National Labor Relations Board??? Seriously, the states can handle labor relations.
Federal government has grown its own large block of voters because they have very high paying jobs...except those in the VA. Your average worker bee in the VA doesn't get paid near what a lot of federal workers.
Doom and Gloom is a tune the left plays to make people feel their pain. Just like the president's line in the sand...it did nothing to stop the gassing. Kerry's rhetorical remark and Putin got "it done", if Assad seriously follows through with WMD disarmament.
Lots of fat to cut in the federal and state budgets. I hope the right stands its ground. That's a red line worth supporting.

Brutus Out

Don't you think that there won't be associated events following drastic budget cuts as espoused in the posts above, as in Newton's third law and such?

Hopefully a big enough event that we oust all the DC deadbeat turncoats..... There is only one way to get a republic back.

Hopefully a big enough event that we oust all the DC deadbeat turncoats..... There is only one way to get a republic back.

I'm with you there, Taku. Term limits for every office in the land would be a very good thing for all of us. Doing away with lobbyists would also be good. Public audits of every elected official would also be good.

I'm with you there, Taku. Term limits for every office in the land would be a very good thing for all of us. Doing away with lobbyists would also be good. Public audits of every elected official would also be good.

I wasn't talking about something that benign.
I thought you were referring to a real event. :-/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads