JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
..."because it would have a negative impact on morale," according to the very agency responsible for the scandal.

What a joke!

I couldn't even imagine how low morale is for government and military operators under this administration. My morale has been low ever since I heard Barry utter the words " Yes We Can.".....

Instead of stopping goats from eating weeds at the airport and old military men from visiting grave sites, how about cutting the budget of the corrupt alphabet agencies by 90%? Then close down the Fed and all foreign military bases. That would be a good start. But then the whole 'shutdown' nonsense is all BS anyway. Like cutting your household budget by shutting off your porch light.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/gove...e-the-maximum-pain-for-dramatic-effect_102013

But then the whole 'shutdown' nonsense is all BS anyway. Like cutting your household budget by shutting off your porch light.

I agree...

Cut all Foreign aid - $2.47 Million savings
Close overseas Military Bases - $10 billion savings
Cut Intelligence Agencies 90% - ~ 90 Billion savings
Cut every Grant Program - Unknown
Cut every subsidy program - Unknown
Cut FEMA expenditures 90% - 90 Billion savings

In Fact, cut Government across the board 90% - $15.3 Trillion savings

Heck Israeli alone gets 1,000,000,000.00 + That's Billion with a big B.
So closing the bases will save us a lot of moola? What about service people looking for jobs, welfare?
Without jobs what kind of riots do you want.

We have a domestic border problem, I guess our troops could patrol the borders....

Welfare? Food Stamps?

Well, improve the economy by making it easier for folks to open businesses, remove some of the restrictive environmental constraints, get the government State, Local and Federal out of the process and there will be growth and jobs. Cut personal and business taxes and get out of the way!

There is fat to trim, foreign aid, reduction in foreign bases but not complete closure. FEMA is bloated. Draconian military/base cuts however will reduce our strategic advantage in the world so I would take a hard look at those before I'd shut em down
Layoff every federal employee (except military) with less than 10 years seniority.

Brutus Out

But then the whole 'shutdown' nonsense is all BS anyway. Like cutting your household budget by shutting off your porch light.

Burt I agree with this but you forgot after they turn off the porch light they then station a security guard to watch the switch 24-7 in case someone would turn the switch and cost the government more money.

Ground forces are targets and forward forces in Europe, Asia and the Middle East are sacrificial. As long as we have an Air Force, Aircraft Carriers and a Submarine Fleet, we have the ability to reduce any country back to the stone age, even with conventional weapons. Let Europe, Asia and the Middle East start paying for their own self defense. We've been footing the bill since the end of WWII!! That's 73 years!!

Bernie is dead at this point anyway so there isn't much that can be done with a corpse except put some makeup on it and try to convince people he's still alive.

Sling, it is simple. I like simple.

Occam's razor is often cited in stronger forms than Occam intended, as in the following statements. . .

"If you have two theories that both explain the observed facts, then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along"

"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations."

"If you have two equally likely solutions to a problem, choose the simplest."

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."

. . .or in the only form that takes its own advice. . .
"Keep things simple!"

Dunerunner, I appreciate what you are saying, but when dealing with national and international situations and millions of folks nothing is simple, as there are collateral impacts to any action.

Money to Isreal comes to mind. I don't know why we are giving a wealthy economy so much money, but people say it is because their spy network is the best on earth and we depend on it, as we also use them to keep our military presence in the Middle East, lest Iran get nukes. Who knows?

Is there waste? Sure thing. What gets cut though? Food inspectors, mental health programs, clean water programs?

I like simple too, but it's not simple world any more with globalization, e-commerce, etc.

I understand what you are saying but most of the issues are that government is involved. I don't advocate leaving ourselves defenseless. Retribution for any attack on the United State or its allies should be so severe that no nation would risk the consequences. That retribution would not necessarily have to be be delivered by ground troops.

Get Government out of the way and e-commerce expands without threats of VAT taxes or Sales taxes.

My take is the World is as simple as High School. There are the Cliques, The Toughs, The Geeks, The Posers and the Sheep.

We make things complex by what we do in an attempt to solve a situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top