JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great but sadly seconds after he got done the same people pushing the new laws just ignored every word he said of course. :(
Congress:
10a4v7.jpg

And why freedom will lose:

Most of MSM will fail to mention Lott's testimony at all (ignore it and it didn't happen). The remainder of MSM (the usual suspects) will immediately discount Lott with phrases like "long-debunked", "bought and paid for", and "gun lobby lapdog".

Congress will, of course, dismiss or ignore the inconvenient truth. Over half the voting population will nod their heads while totally swallowing the anti-gun assessment of Lott, and/or continue to vote blue because they always do. A good portion of the remaining half of the voting population will do no more than shout brave poetry into their favorite echo chamber, tear up their voter registration out of felt-helplessness, or shrug it all off with, "Nobody's talking about coming for my shotgun". And among gun owners there will continue to be some who simply remain oblivious to it all.

Lott has been studying this and expounding the facts for years and our government, media, lefties of all stripes have been ignoring it right along in lock-step. It doesn't support their agenda.

Asian Karen over his right shoulder, when not busily shaking her head against his good points, is busy commenting on Facebook how offensive he is. Over his left shoulder, the lady who at the far right of our screen was emphatically nodding at the data and the points.

I'm just gonna throw it out there, but it's a little disturbing to see this very common theme on such an ongoing basis... and illustrated really well so far in this thread.

"No ones going to listen anyway", "gun owners are ignorant", "gun owners don't vote the way they should", "mainstream media will never pick it up", etc etc etc. Those of us in the know, it would seem, should... instead of already talking it down as mostly meaningless... shouldn't we be the ones the quickest to pick up on it's value? Shouldn't we be talking about what we can do to expand the viewership of powerful messages and facts like this?

What can we do to spread the word to those that need to hear it?

Is anyone able to video capture it so it can be propagated to other platforms? Can it be transcribed or one obtained? How do we get it to our legislators? Our local school administrators? Those that have a voice greater than our own to affect change.

I mean.. we can keep whining and moaning about how unfortunate it is that it may be largely ignored, but if we aren't going to do anything to help change that it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Doesn't it?

Just sayin....

I like the idea of "spreading the word" so to speak.

However....
In regards to those who do need to actually listen , not just hear the word....
I would offer this bit of wisdom :

It is wise not to be so entrenched in your position , that you drown in your own moat.

I am not saying to not "spread the word" or to give up on countering anti-gun propaganda.
I am saying that in my experience many , if not most anti - gun people are too entrenched in their position.
So seeing the reaction of the people in the OP ain't a big surprise to me.

At times , the messenger can kill the message.
As seen here in the forum when someone posts a good idea or article from the NRA...
It gets shot down by many here...on a pro-gun site.
If that happens here...Imagine what happens elsewhere.....

Be civil , be factual and be respectful when presenting the other side of the coin to others.
Not saying that John Lott hasn't been the above...
Just posting this as a reminder , for us to be the same when countering anti-gun rhetoric.
Andy

Last Edited:

However....

It is wise not to be so entrenched in your position , that you drown in your own moat.

I am not saying to not "spread the word" or to give up on countering anti-gun propaganda.
I am saying that in my experience many , if not most anti - gun people are too entrenched in their position.

As seen here in the forum when someone posts a good idea or article from the NRA...

Be civil , be factual and be respectful when presenting the other side of the coin to others.
Just posting this as a reminder , for us to be the same when countering anti-gun rhetoric.
Andy
I do agree with you and it's a very valid point. It just seems sometimes we are content to keep the truth to ourselves and withhold it from those that may be open to listening (likely having never heard anything other than what they have been spoon fed) out of fear of those that simply won't.

There are a lot of very good and rational people that are open to information and changing their opinions, if presented with the opportunity to do so.

Lott has been studying this and expounding the facts for years and our government, media, lefties of all stripes have been ignoring it right along in lock-step. It doesn't support their agenda.
One thing it proves well. The law makers who are going to ignore him are proving the new laws they want to come up with have zero to do with safety. They are all about control. He is proving to them what they want to do does noting but punish the law abiding. Hopefully more gun owners who do not vote well or pay attention will hear it and start to wake up to what is being done though. Maybe even some of the none gun owning public who are fooled into falling for the anti lines. Hopefully some of them will see this and realize the have been lied to.

I do agree with you and it's a very valid point. It just seems sometimes we are content to keep the truth to ourselves and withhold it from those that may be open to listening (likely having never heard anything other than what they have been spoon fed) out of fear of those that simply won't.

There are a lot of very good and rational people that are open to information and changing their opinions, if presented with the opportunity to do so.
I made a suggestion, just a couple/three days ago, to flood the news stations with requests for the "Rest of the Truth" on news stations. Get their stories on criminal background and number of previous crimes committed. Perhaps flood the papers in our towns with editorials. It was totally ignored. It must be better to keep it all to ourselves, here, just at NWFA and not try anything else.
That doesn't seem to be doing much.

Dr. Lott delivered a lot of information but he began with three basic facts that everyone should know about gun-related violence in America.

Here they are:

1. Over 92% of violent crimes in America do not involve firearms. The U.S. Department of
    Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey for 2020 shows 4,558,150 rapes, robberies, and
    aggravated assaults, and the FBI reports 21,570 murders. Of those, firearms were involved
    in 350,460 rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults. Adding those numbers up, 7.9% of violent
    crimes were committed with firearms.
  2. While the US media doesn't give much, if any, coverage to mass public shootings in other countries, mass public shootings per capita are relatively low in the United States compared to the rest of the world. Over the 20 years from 1998 to 2017, the US had less than 1.13% of the world's share of mass public shooters and 1.77% of its mass public shooting murders. That's much less than the US's 4.6% share of the world population. Since 2000, there have been nine mass public school shootings in the US. Germany had only three over that period and Finland had only one, but the United States has four times the population of Germany and sixty times that of Finland. Russia has had four such massacres, but we have 2.3 times its population. On a per capita basis, all three countries have a similar or higher rate compared to that of the US.
  3. Like many other mass public shooters, the Buffalo shooter targeted defenseless people. He even wrote in his manifesto: "Attacking in a weapon-restricted area may decrease the chance of civilian backlash. Schools, courts, or areas where CCW are outlawed or prohibited may be good areas of attack. Areas where CCW permits are low may also fit in this category. Areas with strict gun laws are also great places of attack." The national media refuses to report other explicit statements by attackers explaining why they pick the targets they do. Nor do they report the fact that 94% of mass public shootings occur in places where civilians are banned from having firearms.

And this is why no one on the other side will either debate him or even show up at the same interview. He trumps their feelings with facts. Often times he is using their US Gov stats to show they are misguided. Well, they are actually evil since they know he is right and yes, it is about power, not saving people. Agree with @Mikej and @Yarome that this information needs to get out and I'll be spending some time in the next week on this.

I think his information on the manifestos deliberately showing gun free areas are targets might resonate with the correct media person, somewhere.

And this is why no one on the other side will either debate him or even show up at the same interview. He trumps their feelings with facts. Often times he is using their US Gov stats to show they are misguided. Well, they are actually evil since they know he is right and yes, it is about power, not saving people. Agree with @Mikej and @Yarome that this information needs to get out and I'll be spending some time in the next week on this.

I think his information on the manifestos deliberately showing gun free areas are targets might resonate with the correct media person, somewhere.
Truth hurts at times. I can see why none of the control people want to debate him. They would be scared to death the media would show up and see it.

However....

Andy
It has worked so well.....
Never be nice to anti's. EVER!

Joe

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show