JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do not cloud the issue with facts...now shut-up, get back to work and pay your taxes while we sit over here and figure out how to fcvk you out of the rest of your money and alleged rights.

Last Edited:
Dr. Lott delivered a lot of information but he began with three basic facts that everyone should know about gun-related violence in America.

Here they are:

1. Over 92% of violent crimes in America do not involve firearms. The U.S. Department of
    Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey for 2020 shows 4,558,150 rapes, robberies, and
    aggravated assaults, and the FBI reports 21,570 murders. Of those, firearms were involved
    in 350,460 rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults. Adding those numbers up, 7.9% of violent
    crimes were committed with firearms.
  2. While the US media doesn't give much, if any, coverage to mass public shootings in other countries, mass public shootings per capita are relatively low in the United States compared to the rest of the world. Over the 20 years from 1998 to 2017, the US had less than 1.13% of the world's share of mass public shooters and 1.77% of its mass public shooting murders. That's much less than the US's 4.6% share of the world population. Since 2000, there have been nine mass public school shootings in the US. Germany had only three over that period and Finland had only one, but the United States has four times the population of Germany and sixty times that of Finland. Russia has had four such massacres, but we have 2.3 times its population. On a per capita basis, all three countries have a similar or higher rate compared to that of the US.
  3. Like many other mass public shooters, the Buffalo shooter targeted defenseless people. He even wrote in his manifesto: "Attacking in a weapon-restricted area may decrease the chance of civilian backlash. Schools, courts, or areas where CCW are outlawed or prohibited may be good areas of attack. Areas where CCW permits are low may also fit in this category. Areas with strict gun laws are also great places of attack." The national media refuses to report other explicit statements by attackers explaining why they pick the targets they do. Nor do they report the fact that 94% of mass public shootings occur in places where civilians are banned from having firearms.
OK, I posted those three basic facts to my timeline on Face Book. The technological monitoring there instantly blocked the post and whacked my peepee for posting material that contained words that might incite violence or offend those who want FB to be a Safe Place.

Tough to get the word out if the very "word" gets censored by robots.

ON EDIT: 12/30/2022 . . . An important Fairness Disclosure:
I opted to "disagree" with FB's techno-robots, and received the following reply:
"Your post is back on Facebook"
"We're sorry we got this wrong. We reviewed your post again and it does follow our Community Standards. We appreciate you taking the time to request a review. Your feedback helps us do better."

Last Edited:
OK, I posted those three basic facts to my timeline on Face Book. The technological monitoring there instantly blocked the post and whacked my peepee for posting material that contained words that might incite violence or offend those who want FB to be a Safe Place.

That's what you get for trying to spread disinformation.

A person can be polite while debating and still point out the errors in the opposition's logic/facts. Indeed, it is a lot better to continue to be polite no matter how obnoxious they get - it gives them less traction and makes them look bad.

I like the idea of "spreading the word" so to speak.

However....
In regards to those who do need to actually listen , not just hear the word....
I would offer this bit of wisdom :

It is wise not to be so entrenched in your position , that you drown in your own moat.

I am not saying to not "spread the word" or to give up on countering anti-gun propaganda.
I am saying that in my experience many , if not most anti - gun people are too entrenched in their position.
So seeing the reaction of the people in the OP ain't a big surprise to me.

At times , the messenger can kill the message.
As seen here in the forum when someone posts a good idea or article from the NRA...
It gets shot down by many here...on a pro-gun site.
If that happens here...Imagine what happens elsewhere.....

Be civil , be factual and be respectful when presenting the other side of the coin to others.
Not saying that John Lott hasn't been the above...
Just posting this as a reminder , for us to be the same when countering anti-gun rhetoric.
Andy

That's the civil approach, but maybe many won't "get it" until they start getting the sheite beat outta of 'em while being asked, "where's the cops to save you"? or, "bet you wish you had a gun to defend yourself right now, huh"?….

Unfortunately, everything else is just an intellectual exercise.

;)

That's the civil approach, but maybe many won't "get it" until they start getting the sheite beat outta of 'em while being asked, "where's the cops to save you"? or, "bet you wish you had a gun to defend yourself right now, huh"?….

Unfortunately, everything else is just an intellectual exercise.

;)
There is no point in talking about or discussing firearms with people like those in your example.
At best it is a waste of time...
At worst...
They will take what you say and twist it , to serve their agenda.

And while some wall to wall counseling with them , is tempting...
Again it won't do any good.

In the words of Strother Martin :
Cool Hand Luke Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

some men you , just can't reach.
Andy

Aaaaaand here is our problem. It's also why I refuse to do FB (not a judgement toward others who do, my personal preference).

There is no point in talking about or discussing firearms with people like those in your example.
At best it is a waste of time...
At worst...
They will take what you say and twist it , to serve their agenda.

And while some wall to wall counseling with them , is tempting...
Again it won't do any good.

In the words of Strother Martin :
Cool Hand Luke Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

some men you , just can't reach.
Andy
Indeed. The game is not to reason with them, but to do unto them as they do unto us--argue PAST them to those within earshot, portray yourself as going to great lengths being reasonable and civil while winding them up to make themselves look as unreasonable and uncivil as possible.

I made a suggestion, just a couple/three days ago, to flood the news stations with requests for the "Rest of the Truth" on news stations. Get their stories on criminal background and number of previous crimes committed. Perhaps flood the papers in our towns with editorials. It was totally ignored. It must be better to keep it all to ourselves, here, just at NWFA and not try anything else.
That doesn't seem to be doing much.
Your point about editorials in papers hit a nerve. It may be news to some, but the 2A isn't the only one under threat. The fascist left/libs are also going after the 1A. The Statesman Journal in Salem no longer accepts user editorials. Their reasoning? They inspire division. I believe most of the other Gannet owned papers are following suit.

No experiment can be more interesting than that we are now trying, and which we trust will end in establishing the fact, that man may be governed by reason and truth. Our first object should therefore be, to leave open to him all the avenues to truth. The most effectual hitherto found, is the freedom of the press. It is, therefore, the first shut up by those who fear the investigation of their actions. Thomas Jefferson

Your point about editorials in papers hit a nerve. It may be news to some, but the 2A isn't the only one under threat. The fascist left/libs are also going after the 1A. The Statesman Journal in Salem no longer accepts user editorials. Their reasoning? They inspire division. I believe most of the other Gannet owned papers are following suit.

No experiment can be more interesting than that we are now trying, and which we trust will end in establishing the fact, that man may be governed by reason and truth. Our first object should therefore be, to leave open to him all the avenues to truth. The most effectual hitherto found, is the freedom of the press. It is, therefore, the first shut up by those who fear the investigation of their actions. Thomas Jefferson
That doesn't surprise me in the least! Wifey takes the oregonian on just Wed and Sun. I used to glance at it. And scan the editorials. The editorials would give some anti dim BS letters. I'd look at a couple stories lines sometimes and generally get nauseous after a partial paragraph. Haven't looked at it for some time, other than as I'm crumpling it for fire starting in the wood stove.

That still doesn't mean that they shouldn't be flooded with the real facts of what the dims are doing to people and our state. Well, THE state. It's not so much my state anymore other than in their minds as they suck money from us to waste on the useless hoards.

Statesman Journal, May 8th, 2022

As newsrooms continue evolving to meet the changing needs of readers, and in an environment where opinions and false information are ever-present, the Statesman Journal is choosing to focus its newsroom resources and efforts on continuing to be a place the community can come for accurate, objective information.

That is why today marks the last day we are publishing traditional opinion pieces — letters to the editor, editorials and guest opinions.

We've learned via focus groups and feedback that this content does not resonate as it once did with audiences. It is among the least-read content that we produce, both online and in print.

We know Statesman Journal readers want to be educated about the facts so they can make up their own minds as opposed to being told what to do. That is one of the reasons we stopped endorsing candidates a couple of years ago.

And because it is some of the least publicly understood as far as the difference between news and opinion content, opinion content also is tied to perceived problems of journalistic credibility, trust, objectivity and fairness.

Opinion content is often cited as the reason for canceling a subscription, with readers saying they feel we are choosing sides on an issue or we lack objective discipline, something we take great care and pride in doing as journalists.

Given the size of our staff and our focus on reporting on our community, we instead are choosing to commit more time and community leadership to local coverage in and around Salem. For example, in the past year, we have convened several community listening sessions on key issues and we have a Latino advisory group that helps us improve our coverage of our community.

Please continue to send your feedback on our coverage and story ideas and issues that you believe are important for others to know about.

We also want to continue to be a forum for community conversation.

Subscribers have access to our online commenting platform. Once you are signed in to StatesmanJournal.com, click the blue "View Comments" icon at the top or bottom of stories to join a conversation. (Our app does not yet support commenting. Your login, however, works on desktop or mobile browsers.)

Cherrill Crosby is the executive editor of the Statesman Journal. You may reach her at [email protected]

The answer for this is for people who want free speech to just stop supporting them. Do not read, do not click on the site as this is how they make money. They want to be woke, let them find out how that works when they start to lose money.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews