JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Lies, Platitudes and Cliches.​

Yesterday's gun control summit with Donald Trump and members of Congress was a frightening display of ignorance, arrogance, and deceit.

You would be hard pressed to find another example of so many people in positions of power expressing so little knowledge of the facts and so much willingness to ignore them.

Donald Trump said "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

trumphands-300x203.jpg

He promised to violate the law and the Constitution with an executive order banning "bump stocks", encouraged Diane Feinstein's new ban on modern firearms, pushed for an increase in age for long gun purchase, spoke approvingly of a national firearms owner's license, called for an expansion of the failed background check system, and repeatedly (and incorrectly) noted that the reason more draconian gun control language had not passed before was because he was not President then.

(Elsewhere Feinstein said of a bill she is sponsoring with Jeff Flake:

"If you can't buy a beer, you shouldn't be able to buy a weapon of war. While we need to do much more to reform our gun laws, ensuring teenagers can't legally buy weapons of war is a commonsense step forward."

She made no mention of the fact that 18 year olds can vote and are issued "weapons of war" and sent into battle by the same people who want to deny them the right to own a rifle.)

Trump endorsed the "Extreme Risk Protection Orders" that passed in Oregon thanks to Republican Senator Brian Boquist who also believes that "due process" is an unnecessary intrusion on the state's ability to confiscate firearms.

Trump said he "had lunch" with the NRA and "thinks they're on board."

In short, Trump is now promoting virtually everything Hillary Clinton campaigned for and is shoving a large knife in the back of the people who elected him.

Trump repeatedly stated that he wanted a "big," "strong," "beautiful" bill. But only one "comprehensive" bill.

Many, even some in the gun rights movement, believe that this may be a masterful ploy by Trump. That he is playing "three dimensional chess." They think that by insisting on one massive bill it reduces the chance of passage because there will be something in the bill for everyone to object to. But when Congressman Steve Scalise suggested that national reciprocity be considered as part of this "comprehensive " bill, Trump brusquely dismissed the idea saying it would prevent the bill's passage.

So while Trump did state his support for allowing school employees to be armed if they were permit holders, he also made clear how little regard he has for them.

Gun owners now face staggering risks to their rights and property because numerous government agencies refused to take action, either intentionally or through mind-boggling incompetence, and did nothing about a dangerous, violent, felon who posted his intentions to "become a professional school shooter" on the internet.

Because of their failures and those policies of ignoring reality, Trump, and many members of Congress, want to eviscerate your rights.

He cannot be allowed to get away with this.

Call Trump today at 202-456-1111 or 202-456-1414 and tell him that you do NOT support one word of the gun control measures that he's promoting. Tell him that he was elected because he promised to oppose everything he is supporting now.

You can also contact the White House via webform at https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

You can cut and paste the suggested message below or modify as you like:

I am a law-abiding citizen, and I am contacting you to voice my strong opposition to any of the gun control schemes currently being discussed. This includes banning "bump stocks, " or raising the minimum age for firearms purchases, so-called "universal background checks" or reinstating the unconstitutional and failed ban on modern firearms.

Stop listening to the ignorant and deceitful nonsense you are hearing and work on real solutions. You don't stop evil people by stealing the rights of good people.

I demand that you end this talk about gun control. I will be monitoring your actions on this matter through alerts from The Oregon Firearms Federation.

The post Trump Becomes Hillary Clinton appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

This is what democrats have been complaining about for ages with Pres Trump-
-He likes to shoot his mouth off, that's what he does and he does it with everything he needs to ponder. I really think it's his way of 'shaking things loose' and it certainly seems to work for him, look at most anytime he has done this and you'll find a bunch of liberal brains have exploded:eek:-- You don't want to start sounding like those libs, so my advice is We just forget all about it for now, plenty of time later to run around in circles like a chicken with your head cut off:eek::eek:

I am really hoping that President Trump is doing to DiFi and what's-his-name the same bait and switch he did with Chuck and Nancy on Immigration. RopaDope then a knock down. We'll see. Not a bad idea to call DC as well. We certainly live in interesting times.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top