JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, even the TSA has figured out tiny non-locking pocket knives are not a real threat. However, the flight attendants and AIR MARSHALL'S are screaming about massacres on the air. With a Swiss Army knife? Really?

I just watched on Today a flight attendant (I believe she was head of the union?) describing how the sample of small pocket knives in front of her were deadly weapons and threatened the entire cabins safety.

How do we let people into martial arts even fly? Their skills have to be more deadly than these pocket knives.

I just don't know what to say anymore.

I think it's more about the stupidity of their overall rules rather than pocket knives specifically.

For example, according to the Tub Stacking Agency, a pocket knife is no threat, but a tube of toothpaste will end the world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

A plane full of average Americans will never let a hijacker take over a plane again, ever. I am absolutely positively sure of this. We've seen plenty of examples of it in recent years - e.g. the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, that crazy pilot that went nuts, etc. When anyone tries something funny these days on a plane, they are dealt with immediately.

Don't forget one of the planes taken down on 9/11 was done so with only box cutters.

But 9/11 changed that. Up until then a hijacker had the full cooperation of passengers and crew. Now passengers are anything but cooperative, sometimes even killing the person they're restraining. Gone is the assumption that a hijacking is just a detour to Cuba.

I wouldn't want to be a hijacker today, trapped in a metal tube with hundreds of people seeing you as a serious deadly threat to them and their family. A hijackers risk went WAY up on 9/12.

I believe it is the same kind of panic by the same people afraid of firearms. The same fear of shoot outs and blood in the streets regarding concealed carriers and firearms in general. Just more unfounded fear and reaction to something that doesn't happen.

It just amazed me that as I traveled I would go thru security with metal detectors, xray baggage and all that, then, go to a restaurant inside the secure area and receive a 5" or 6" long bladed regular steak knife to cut my steak!

Ahh I see now, I feel much safer now knowing average citizens with pen knives will cover me in a dire situation with terrorists with a death wish en route to Nirvana.

I'm not sure where you read that that was about needing pen knives for defense. In fact, that's EXACTLY the point. These knives are mostly useless for offense AND defense. Even the TSA is acknowledging it, by saying they're wasting their time hassling people over them when that time is better spent looking for REAL threats.

Any terrorist attempting to take over a plane with one of these knives post-9/11 is going to be put in a world of hurt by their fellow passengers probably armed with nothing but adrenaline.

Ahh I see now, I feel much safer now knowing average citizens with pen knives will cover me in a dire situation with terrorists with a death wish en route to Nirvana.

The politicians control the population and sieze more power for themselves through fear. Then they propose somethinng to give the fearful a sense of security, but what they don't say is, that to obtain this "security" the populas will have to give the politician more power and give up some of their rights.

Two saying from politicians of their time will show this.

the present mayor of Chicago has been quoted as saying..."never let any good crisis go unexploited"

The prez has said, "we have to stop going from one MANUFACTURED crisis to another..."

And Ben Franklin said. "Anyone that would give up freedom for a little security, deserves neither.."

Oh yes, and I forgot Prez Clinton...after the Oklahoma City Bombing...'we might have to give up some of out freedons for added security..." This was when he was proposing about 80% of what Hitler Proposed in 1936.

If I ran the TSA I would institute a rule that every legal citizen, age 18 or older would be issued a baseball bat when they board the plane. . . . .Next person who tries to hijack a plane would have a very short criminal career. . .

I guarantee you that, especially since I don't like flying, if some idiot pulls out a pocket knife and starts threatening people on a plane in the air; well, one of us is not walking off that flight.

My personal TSA moment. I was in Ketchikan Alaska on a job, old guy there was told I collect black powder cannons. I show up to do training and the guy says make me an offer and you own my cannon, done deal. Flying out I check my bags and girl at the counter makes a remark about how heavy my checked bag is, I tell her it's a cannon barrel and we have a little laugh. Half hour later I'm being paged in the airport and its TSA who wants to charge me with trying to smuggle an undeclared weapon, total TSA moment. I miss my flight out while everything is hashed out in endless detail, only thing saving me is girl at counter saying he told me he had a cannon barrel in his bag. Long story short I finally made it home without being arrested. what was worse is while I'm watching my original flight board there is a guy carrying a 5' long "walking" stick into the cabin of the plane.

But 9/11 changed that. Up until then a hijacker had the full cooperation of passengers and crew. Now passengers are anything but cooperative, sometimes even killing the person they're restraining. Gone is the assumption that a hijacking is just a detour to Cuba.

I wouldn't want to be a hijacker today, trapped in a metal tube with hundreds of people seeing you as a serious deadly threat to them and their family. A hijackers risk went WAY up on 9/12.

hopefully a slow painful death being crusher by all the people holding them down

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews