JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A plane full of average Americans will never let a hijacker take over a plane again, ever. I am absolutely positively sure of this. We've seen plenty of examples of it in recent years - e.g. the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, that crazy pilot that went nuts, etc. When anyone tries something funny these days on a plane, they are dealt with immediately.

HAHAHA
You believe the stories

I believe it is the same kind of panic by the same people afraid of firearms. The same fear of shoot outs and blood in the streets regarding concealed carriers and firearms in general. Just more unfounded fear and reaction to something that doesn't happen.

It just amazed me that as I traveled I would go thru security with metal detectors, xray baggage and all that, then, go to a restaurant inside the secure area and receive a 5" or 6" long bladed regular steak knife to cut my steak!
You can afford to buy a steak inside the secure area?!! I gulp just looking at the price of a side of fries.

As far as I'm concerned, if they're worried normal citizens can't carry small *** pocket knives responsibly, then they should just lock us all up because of all the 'dangerous things' we have and use on a regular basis. Let's take away kitchen knives from the flight attendants because I'm worried about their safety in the kitchen because of their apparent brain injuries.

What I found interesting was that in the NPR coverage of this story (this won't surprise many of you) they said that a lot of complaints came from European passengers, "who are in the habit of carrying small knives"......... HUH? Like Americans are not in the habit of carrying small knives? WELL, if it incnveniences EUROPEANS................it MUST be changed. If it inconveniences Americans........tough bubblegum!.

Also reminds me of when I was in line at the Atlanta Aquarium and they said that nobody would be admitted carrying a knife over three inches. Like I'm going to break the tank and stab a porpose?

Don't forget one of the planes taken down on 9/11 was done so with only box cutters.

Yeah, but those are still illegal, so we're safe, right? :rolleyes: I agree. The rules are arbitrary and pointless, but that describes most of the "safety" regulations in the country. If it gets somebody elected or helps someone keep their job or grow their empire, does it really matter if it makes sense?

It's just part of the petty sequestration process, trying to make "it" as painful and unpalatable as possible. Ain't taking away obamaphones etc though! Oh, they "closed" the WH to the public today and going forward to save money. right. boohoo
what a joke

"If I ran the TSA I would institute a rule that every legal citizen, age 18 or older would be issued a baseball bat when they board the plane. . . . .Next person who tries to hijack a plane would have a very short criminal career. . . "

I have always thought that anybody who has a CHL (indication of good character) and boards with a real honest-to G-d fightin' and guttin' knife or a collapsible baton gets a substantial discount. No worry about putting a bullet into the Electronics bay, just plenty of people capable of eviscerating/beating down any bozo who threatens the safety of the flight. When the plane stops the twitching and bleeding sack of broken bones is delivered to the responding authorities by gravity as soon as the door is opened.

Oh, and if some clown tries to open the door in flight remember it won't open while the passenger compartment is pressurized. I work as a Manufacturing Engineering Planner for a major producer of airliners (hard to guess that one, nicht wahr?) and my commodity of special attention is doors. So when some drunk grabs the door latch, don't worry - just kick him in the berries.

My personal TSA moment. I was in Ketchikan Alaska on a job, old guy there was told I collect black powder cannons. I show up to do training and the guy says make me an offer and you own my cannon, done deal. Flying out I check my bags and girl at the counter makes a remark about how heavy my checked bag is, I tell her it's a cannon barrel and we have a little laugh. Half hour later I'm being paged in the airport and its TSA who wants to charge me with trying to smuggle an undeclared weapon, total TSA moment. I miss my flight out while everything is hashed out in endless detail, only thing saving me is girl at counter saying he told me he had a cannon barrel in his bag. Long story short I finally made it home without being arrested. what was worse is while I'm watching my original flight board there is a guy carrying a 5' long "walking" stick into the cabin of the plane.
Was it just a barrel? Geez no receiver? and they should have confiscated ANYWAYS, as a heavy whacking instrument used in some parts of the world to inflict deadly harm on another innocent human being

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top