JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey there,

A multi parter here, so anyone with tips suggestions etc please post up and away. I'd appreciate it for sure!

Part a). Anyone know of a reputable rental place that will rent a tow vehicle (3/4 ton box van or pickup, or similar simple size) to tow a trailer with a pintle setup? My trailer is an M101a2 mil surp with the lunette ring. I have the pintle hook that fits in my truck, or any standard ??2" receiver.

Trailer has standard 4pin 12V lights and surge brakes. Not registered, under OR gross weight.

U-Haul won't, they only do ball. Sounds like they are not receiver mounted deals.

Would like the price under $300 for 24hr rental, or 12hr rental unlimited miles.

Maybe asking too much?. Dunno. It would be to load all of our freedom pills and various other heavy items and move them to a new place down south.

Trying to avoid having movers too involved/aware of what we actually have. So that is the gist of the rest of the question.

I figure I could move the safe, and storage lockers in the tow vehicle & the freedom pills and reloading components in my trailer. Friends and family may be able to help, but no trucks available other than my 1/2 ton—-just trying to reduce wear and tear on it is all.

Or??

So how do other folk go about moving what they have, if they have a bunch. And as "under the radar" as possible. This would be the first move since we got into firearms and such.

Thanks!

Try Enterprise fleet rental? May not be unlimited miles, but should be well under 300 for one day. Then again, if the trailer in question is under the threshold to license, a half ton should do the job.

What about renting an SUV from Enterprise? They have cargo vans too. If you're pulling a trailer in daylight you don't need to have lights on it.

Try Enterprise fleet rental? May not be unlimited miles, but should be well under 300 for one day. Then again, if the trailer in question is under the threshold to license, a half ton should do the job.

Half ton does fine, hauled it from Boston with my truck. Just not loaded up like it would be for this trip, so figured 3/4 ton would give better mileage if rent price is close vs 1/2 ton.

Half ton does fine, hauled it from Boston with my truck. Just not loaded up like it would be for this trip, so figured 3/4 ton would give better mileage if rent price is close vs 1/2 ton.

Check Enterprise. Should be able to get a truck or cargo van that should work. Hell, you could even get a big u haul and load it up in that?

Check Enterprise. Should be able to get a truck or cargo van that should work. Hell, you could even get a big u haul and load it up in that?

Thinking on a slightly bigger truck rental and hauling the stuff in that.

Trailer would be easiest for the initial move though. Load it. Haul it. Park it in the new shop. Covers a slight bit of "security" that way, and can unload and store at convenience at leisure later.

Appreciate the ideas for sure though!

Try United Rentals or similar.commercial rental company. I know United offers 1/2 to trucks that likely have the 2" receiver.
Enterprise does rent 3/4 ton trucks with receiver hitches. Don't know how available they are though.
Hope this helps

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads