JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All electric truck owner describes his experiences in the article below. I've been very critical of all electric cars for all the reasons in this article (it's worth the read imo if you are interested in the topic). Also he hasn't had it long enough to have to buy new batteries. Some teslas the replacement batteries cost more than the car is worth, making the car essentially a total loss after so many years. Most of my driver vehicles I keep a long time. Having to replace batteries would suck.

All electric truck owner describes his experiences in the article below. I've been very critical of all electric cars for all the reasons in this article (it's worth the read imo if you are interested in the topic). Also he hasn't had it long enough to have to buy new batteries. Some teslas the replacement batteries cost more than the car is worth, making the car essentially a total loss after so many years. Most of my driver vehicles I keep a long time. Having to replace batteries would suck.
Also, people overlook battery half-life.. half the original range in 3-4 years, zero range at 8.

Youtube Rich Rebuilds recently got an electric pickup and his daughter backed into something at 5mph.. $40,000 in damage because it's a weird unibody design.

Pro Tip: Whatever the Gov tells you to do, it's probably bullcrap and you should probably do the opposite. I don't understand how people don't know this about EV's. :rolleyes:
Sadly one side has been pushing these things REALLY hard. They began throwing BIG money at them since they could not do it without that. That cash is what gets many to buy one. Why so many refused to do some reading and find out? I guess for the same reason so many of them vote for the same morons over and over again??? With all the free money being tossed at those who want to buy a new model and up here where I live there is a lot of places to charge them free. So since we have the highest gas prices around free charging does get many to buy one here. Of course the BIG problem is still when that battery gets to the end of its life the cost will wipe out all the savings even when getting free charging. Not to mention what happens if the damn things get damaged.

Sadly one side has been pushing these things REALLY hard. They began throwing BIG money at them since they could not do it without that. That cash is what gets many to buy one. Why so many refused to do some reading and find out? I guess for the same reason so many of them vote for the same morons over and over again??? With all the free money being tossed at those who want to buy a new model and up here where I live there is a lot of places to charge them free. So since we have the highest gas prices around free charging does get many to buy one here. Of course the BIG problem is still when that battery gets to the end of its life the cost will wipe out all the savings even when getting free charging. Not to mention what happens if the damn things get damaged.
I think the reason is idealism. "It's good for the environment", "ll reduce my carbon footprint" is as far as their thinking goes. They have no real world experiences to draw from that create common sense.

Imo right now our schools are mostly creating morons with an ongoing narrative in their head that they have heard over and over in each grade since kindergarten. The most important faculties such as thinking for themselves and work ethic/character is not what is being taught. How to be a "good citizen" and "socially just" is what is being taught. We are creating a generation of stupid people (I mean stupid in the boenhoffer sense that people lose ability to think autonomously and just lap up the narrative that is fed to them).

Last Edited:
Back in the early 1900s they said the same thing about the internal combustion engine. All of them were horse and buggy owners.
So there....

LOL. There's a thread on ifish with that story I was reading. And, of course, a guy touting how wonderful having an EV is. Kind of a story about how the car tells you what's going on so you can adjust your driving habits. Like, not using the heat so much in the winter/AC in summer. Going slower to save electricity. You know, basically making you and you passengers uncomfortable, and your EV into a PIA for other drivers on the road?

Reading about those electric hummer abominations. Over 9000 lbs, battery alone is like 3000. The battery isnt waterproof so you cant drive it in more than a few inches of water. recalled so many before delivery that they only delivered like 700 of them in all of 2022.

No kidding, and wouldn't want to.
Likely plenty strong enough to shear lugs and catch on fire is the answer.
Teslas use 1 to 3 (and soon 4) motors, depending on the model. This Willys uses one motor and half a battery pack. I'm assuming they used a single motor, or they wouldn't have kept the differential. Assuming the rest of the drivetrain comes from a recent Model 3, it should have about 283 horsepower. Half a battery pack would give it a very short range of around 135 miles, certainly enough for the owner's short commute, even enough to stop for dinner and shopping on the way home.

I heard they already have government programs to help poeple with electric car anxiety. People worried they won't make it to their destination can press a button and a social worker chimes in to give them mental help along the way. But it only works for classes that are an "underserved population".

(J/k)

I heard they already have government programs to help poeple with electric car anxiety. People worried they won't make it to their destination can press a button and a social worker chimes in to give them mental help along the way. But it only works for classes that are an "underserved population".

(J/k)
You know? Depending what state/what area? I could see that becoming a reality?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top