JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OFF lawyer is garbage. conservative judge provided more historical supporting evidence in his findings that should have been used in the federal case. this forum could have provided a better brief than that bubblegumty OFF lawyer. bubblegum that guy/.
My sentiments exactly.

OFF should have stepped out of the way and let the big-boys with experience deal with it.

My sentiments exactly.

OFF should have stepped out of the way and let the big-boys with experience deal with it.
Except that FPC is considered one of the big boys and they were also denied. The NRA "experts" couldn't get their act together so their case is yet to be heard. So tell me how well the so called "big boys" have done.

My sentiments exactly.

Hence the reason I didn't donate to them. I'm sure their intentions are good but I'm not their biggest fan.

Except that FPC is considered one of the big boys and they were also denied. The NRA "experts" couldn't get their act together so their case is yet to be heard. So tell me how well the so called "big boys" have done.
Remember if the judge is going to try and rule for the state no matter what you do they are going to rule for the state. They may have been screwed from the beginning no matter what so we need to not be negative towards these attorneys. Considering that Clement has been all the way to the Supreme Court with this already the I'm sure but they are Strategizing On how to move forward knowing who they are up against and how to get it from out of the Ninth Up to the Supreme Court

Hence the reason I didn't donate to them. I'm sure their intentions are good but I'm not their biggest fan.
I can't really disagree with that, but....

I think we need to show support to all who challenge and fight on our behalf... but that said... in measured amounts.

I gave them a token donation (about the cost of a decent dinner out), but the vast majority of my $'s when elsewhere. I commend OFF for manning up... as they coulda just sat it out and let the big guys duke it out with the state, but... reality check... OFF simply doesn't have the coffers for a long drawn out legal battle and OR gun owners can't foot that bill alone.

The NRA.. well. Ahem... they can have my cold dead left nut after I'm gone. Until then, they get nothing from me.

OFF leadership might be a bit misguided and haphazard at times, but I believe his intention are in the right place and that deserves "some" level of support. YMMV

I do know... GOA just got a little more extra somethin-somethin from me. Success should be rewarded. 👍

I can't really disagree with that, but....

I think we need to show support to all who challenge and fight on our behalf... but that said... in measured amounts.

I gave them a token donation (about the cost of a decent dinner out), but the vast majority of my $'s when elsewhere. I commend OFF for manning up... as they coulda just sat it out and let the big guys duke it out with the state, but... reality check... OFF simply doesn't have the coffers for a long drawn out legal battle and OR gun owners can't foot that bill alone.

The NRA.. well. Ahem... they can have my cold dead left nut after I'm gone. Until then, they get nothing from me.

OFF leadership might be a bit misguided and haphazard at times, but I believe his intention are in the right place and that deserves "some" level of support. YMMV

I do know... GOA just got a little more extra somethin-somethin from me. Success should be rewarded. 👍
I also donated to other organizations.

I guess I don't see the cheer here or get excited. A conservative judge from a small county in OR just put an injunction on M114. The Oregon Supreme Court is going to grant emergency relief to the state and vacate that injunction. All of them were appointed by Democratic Governors and the majority by Kate Brown.
FWIW, and neither here nor there, the small county judge was a lifelong public defender before being voted into the judgeship in +/-2020. Had donated to Kate and other Dems previously, and would have been appointed by her to the judgeship (instead of him being voted in initially), but for some hiccups in vetting.

That said I agree that the OR S.Ct. Is going side with the state in short order…

I also donated to other organizations.
Yeah. Pretty much where any hope lies of actually beating this turd.

We could take bets on which of the 3 'big guys'" ends up carrying it over the finish line. Half the pot goes to the winning organization. 🤣

Even if we win I'm sure the woketards aren't done with their BS and we'll be needing those national organizations again... soon enough!

Yeah. Pretty much where any hope lies of actually beating this turd.

We could take bets on which of the 3 'big guys'" ends up carrying it over the finish line. Half the pot goes to the winning organization. 🤣
I don't care who beats it. I just want 114 to take a permanent dirt nap.

My mag order I placed over a week ago at primary arms got cancelled today! Said nothing about a refund but that they were behind in shipping and I wouldn't receive it by the 7th. Anyone have a couple sig legion p320 17 round mags for sale? Not happy.
Check brownells.com

I believe that we're all on the same team here when it comes to preserving our 2A rights.
And, of course, anyone willing to devote their time, energy and money is deserving of praise and support in that endeavor.

The point I was agreeing with is that: OFF sort of dropped the ball in being unprepared in their arguments as to why an injunction on the mag ban needs to be enacted.

As the other poster alluded to, there are many on this board that would've been able to come up with better answers to the judge's questions.

There is a clear question as to whether this law passes constitutional muster; especially in light of the Bruen case, and Duncan v. Bonta in California.

Questions about "needing this many, or that many rounds" are irrelevant. That is not the matter at hand.
The matter is to decide if the law is unconstitutional. If there is any reasonable measure by which it may be considered as unconstitutional, it must be stayed to prevent any potential undue harm until such a determination can be made.

If my only handgun holds 12 rounds, and I am no longer allowed to carry it on my person outside of my home; I am unduly harmed.

I believe that we're all on the same team here when it comes to preserving our 2A rights.
And, of course, anyone willing to devote their time, energy and money is deserving of praise and support in that endeavor.

The point I was agreeing with is that: OFF sort of dropped the ball in being unprepared in their arguments as to why an injunction on the mag ban needs to be enacted.

As the other poster alluded to, there are many on this board that would've been able to come up with better answers to the judge's questions.

There is a clear question as to whether this law passes constitutional muster; especially in light of the Bruen case, and Duncan v. Bonta in California.

Questions about "needing this many, or that many rounds" are irrelevant. That is not the matter at hand.
The matter is to decide if the law is unconstitutional. If there is any reasonable measure by which it may be considered as unconstitutional, it must be stayed to prevent any potential undue harm until such a determination can be made.

If my only handgun holds 12 rounds, and I am no longer allowed to carry it on my person outside of my home; I am unduly harmed.
Well... the judge "finding" that mags are not protected under the 2A is categorically and fundamentally false. It's been ruled on more than a couple times in the SC that they ARE. So at face value, she's shown her colors and will be thumbing her nose at the law. Obviously, she has no issue with violating her oath of office, either.

Other cases pre Bruen have even acknowledge that they are protected, but found bans constitutional under intermediate scrutiny.

No matter who is making the arguments or how good they are... it's likely not going to make one bit of difference when the judge is bent.

Take our licks and push on to a higher court I guess. Hopefully we'll find one/some that actually take their oath and responsibility to the people they serve seriously.

My mag order I placed over a week ago at primary arms got cancelled today! Said nothing about a refund but that they were behind in shipping and I wouldn't receive it by the 7th. Anyone have a couple sig legion p320 17 round mags for sale? Not happy.

Well... the judge "finding" that mags are not protected under the 2A is categorically and fundamentally false. It's been ruled on more than a couple times in the SC that they ARE. So at face value, she's shown her colors and will be thumbing her nose at the law. Obviously, she has no issue with violating her oath of office, either.

Other cases pre Bruen have even acknowledge that they are protected, but found bans constitutional under intermediate scrutiny.

No matter who is making the arguments or how good they are... it's likely not going to make one bit of difference when the judge is bent.

Take our licks and push on to a higher court I guess. Hopefully we'll find one/some that actually take their oath and responsibility to the people they serve seriously.
I absolutely agree.

Interesting reading here pertaining to NJ's ban on standard magazines -- Authored by Paul Clement(as the counsel of record) - One of the "Big Boys" I was mentioning.

Also remanded back for review by the SCOTUS after Bruen.

I absolutely agree.

Interesting reading here pertaining to NJ's ban on standard magazines -- Authored by Paul Clement(as the counsel of record) - One of the "Big Boys" I was mentioning.

Also remanded back for review by the SCOTUS after Bruen.

If "we" can find that ruling by the SC... ala google.... you really would think a district judge in OR should be able to find the case law too... wouldn't you? 🤣 o_O

Abuse of power in a blatant disregard for established law. Go figure!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top