JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any hearing or news today?
Nada, that I'm aware of. Friday night is going to be a party or a pitifest. Both sides have until noon to submit any final documents or such, the judge will review and a ruling on the mag ban will be made sometime between noon and 5pm... so... keep your popcorn and fuzzy slippers handy.

I'm a big boy and all, but if I'm turning into a criminal on Friday, I don't wanna be alone.... 🤣 :s0140:

Any hearing or news today?
There is a telephone hearing with Immergut at 11 Thursday morning for OFF v Brown; doesn't seem hugely interesting, but things may be phrased in a dull way and yet be important.
Scheduling Order. Telephonic Status Conference is set for 12/15/2022 at 11:00AM in Portland by telephone before Judge Karin J. Immergut. Ordered by Judge Karin J. Immergut. (jy) (Entered: 12/14/2022)

B7FD4707-4E4D-4781-87DC-45D4FEE0E389.jpeg
In looking at Harney County records online (Case 22CV41008) I see this entry with today's date indicating an Opinion Letter from the presiding judge...anyone seen the actual letter?

In looking at Harney County records online (Case 22CV41008) I see this entry with today's date indicating an Opinion Letter from the presiding judge...anyone seen the actual letter?
That may be just the scheduled "event" on record but doesn't necessarily mean the opinion itself has been entered. Like the hearing on the 23rd also appears on the case file record.

Just in from OFF:

COURT HALTS MAG BAN

Today a Judge in Harney County issued a preliminary injunction against the magazine ban in Measure 114.

In a previous hearing on Dec 13th the court put a hold on the "permit to purchase" portion of the bill and promised a ruling on the mag ban by tomorrow, Dec 16th.

The ruling came today and means that for now, your standard capacity magazines are safe.

There will still have to be a complete trial on the constitutionality of the measure, but at the moment the permit to purchase and the ban on standard magazines will not be allowed to go into effect.

The Court has granted a hearing on December 23 for the state to explain why the safeguard which allows the transfer of a firearm after three business days (if the Oregon State Police do not complete a background check or issue a denial) should be removed.

Considering the vast number of people who are currently being denied the ability to take possession of the firearms they have paid for, (as a result of the OSP's inaction on background checks) this should be a tough hill to climb for the state lawyers.

The battle continues both in this statewide case that Gun Owners of America has brought and the four other cases that are in Federal Court. But this is more good news and another win for GOA.

Has anyone seen anything out of the AG's office? It seems oddly quiet after the mag ban injunction.

Maybe I missed it but you would think the state woulda been hot under the collar with a statement and intentions to appeal. Maybe the ORSC denial the first time around has them flustered(?)

Maybe waiting on the 3day ruling before they go full on whine-fest again to try and overturn all of the injunctions and stay at once(?)

Has anyone seen anything out of the AG's office? It seems oddly quiet after the mag ban injunction.

Maybe I missed it but you would think the state woulda been hot under the collar with a statement and intentions to appeal. Maybe the ORSC denial the first time around has them flustered(?)

Maybe waiting on the 3day ruling before they go full on whine-fest again to try and overturn all of the injunctions and stay at once(?)
My guess is they are tied up on prep for the 23rd and will do the appeal for everything after the judge slams the door on that Charleston part some time after the 23rd.

My guess is they are tied up on prep for the 23rd and will do the appeal for everything after the judge slams the door on that Charleston part some time after the 23rd.
That was my thought too, but it's very unlike the woke not to scream and throw a tantrum on a hair trigger. When they are quiet is when I worry WTF is going on. 🤣

I've been to the office in downtown Salem, they have their OSP gestapos outside, 3 OSP cars and very briefly this week and last week was their fancy MRAP SWAT vehicle also.
Today, there is only 2 squad cars and what looks like 2 or 3 very cold troopers.
What's that all about? Worried law abiding gun owners are going to storm their offices or something?? They might want to make us criminals, but "law abiding", by definition... typically precludes the waving of arms and storming gooberment offices with gun fire.

.....just because that's what they would do. ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top