JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have shot competirion there, siloette, military caliber, open sights, as a guest, got eggs &bacon once with 23 out of 40. Nice range and nice people. Intend to join when I get the homeless money to do so.

Joined in 99 after coming to Oregon and never regret sending in my annual dues. Excellent site, ranges and facilities. Took the IPSC course - recommend it to all as the instructors were knowledgable and professional. Excellent safety culture - not busy bodies but serious about safety. A hard line to walk sometime, but the membership does it. I'll be a member as long as we're in Oregon.

very nice place to shoot,my brother in law just became a member,and took me out there to shoot,nice place!!,the place is a excellent bargain,wish it was closer to me,works well for him he lives in sherwood

Great ranges for sure!
Some of the folks there are very nice,
but there is a large volume of self proclaimed know it alls and they go waaay out of their way to make sure you know they think their crap doesn't smell.
Some of the range officers have about as bad of an authority complex there is in existance on this world as well :D

last time I went, I had a guy screaming and stamping up and down about my "muzzle brake" and that I HAVE TO BE ON THE FAR LEFT LANES!!!!
It was a $4 thread protector...

I need to compete in a pistol match at TCGC in order to get my Action Range sticker. What would be the recommended one? Speed steel?

Looking forward to it except for being the beginner, slow poke, paranoid about breaking the rules type. If it is team based I'm sure they'll love a slowpoke. For my first match I'd like to go to the 'easiest' match for a beginner. Then the Match Director can sign off on my sticker, THEN I can practice, practice, practice on the Action Range. That is the catch-22; can't practice prior to my first match.

Really looking forward to being able to go the Action Range. It is more like going out in the woods, less restrictive, by myself. Might want to trade an AR for a pistol caliber AR or Carbine so I can have use it in the Action Range. A GL-1, Sub2000, or even a Kriss.

I have been wondering about speed steel myself. Lets do it! I've never done it but am willing to be a slowpoke as well. Its intimidating to do new things.

Don't shoot a Glock by chance?

Troy,

I guess you could call it shooting ... lol. It was my first time moving around with a pistol in the open like that. So inexperience + using AR mag pouch to hold my G17 mags + a too short mag release + that 1911 cloth holster made for an interesting day.

Learned so much. Instructors and the rest of you were awesome. I wouldn't sell yourself short, you looked like an Ace out there. Remembered you from the 'SVT' because I had a 600hp Lightning a couple years back and was an SVT fanatic.

If I can get off work Saturday I might go to the PPC match. It seems - maybe I am wrong - that the PPC match may be easier for a beginner than such a rushed match like Speed Steel. Not sure if it qualifies as a match that would gain me the AR sticker though.

Once we get our AR stickers I'd love to join you for practice. My problem in planning things is I am a phone guy and our schedules are always changing. I'd also be up for any follow up training from those instructors (Gerod). By the end of the summer I'll be where you are now and you will be evolved into a blue ribbon grabber!

Vance

Vance, I was hoping that was you. I was pretty sure from your catch 22 statement because I remember talking about that with you. I didn't realize that was your kimber holster lol. I mean considering the wrong gear and a new pistol your unfamiliar with you did great! I seen you evolve quickly throughout the day. Set up the correct gear, a little practice your going to be shocked how quick you become comfortable. I felt I did good overall, thank-you for the kind words, its great for confidence lol. Side note. Your lightning must have been so dam badass. That's cool as heck, always wanted one. Forgive my ignorance but PPC? What's that. I agree speed steel seems rough for a noob. I'm willing to do any match I can to get my sticker. Then practice practice! Ill pm you my info maybe we can set it up to do a match together. Familiar faces are always nice.

PS thanks for the extra water! I was a moron a left 2 giant waters in my car because I brought the small cooler.

I started off nervous because the TCGC said to bring a gun you know will fire every single time. A Kimber Eclipse was my first choice but TCGC said use a 9mm instead if at all possible, That G17 was new, with a replacement Lone Wolf barrel. So what did it do on the very first shot? Jam. lol Oh well, the pressure was actually really good for me.

PPC - Police Pistol Combat this Saturday at 9am. I have NOT got a reply as to whether or not going through the match will satisfy our final action range. If it does I will PM you about it. <broken link removed>

Yes, that Lightning was badass and was well known in the SVTP community. Loud pipes, louder whine, bright red, lowered. How I never got a ticket in that I don't know. Went through a few drag radials on that baby.

Awesome! Seeing you guys at that second shot at the right getting at the 180 really made me nervous for you. Just another thing for me to be concerned about! Baby steps. **** Finger away from the trigger guard, avoid 180, repeat to myself 1000x times! lol ***

My Glock was shooting to the left. It has fiber sights. So I dropped a laser barrel sighter in it and used my Glock rear sight installer to line it up better. Will go to A Place to Shoot before Saturday to make sure it is sighted dead on. That is if Saturday makes sense.

Lets go to the 25 yard range and test it out on a rest before our match weather its saturday or next. I got good at 25 yards so any closer is easy (kinda lol) . My berettas were both shooting left, then my kimber, and sig. I realized it was me lol. I did some things to improve that and it worked. We can dial you Un. Its almost a waste to go practice alone. Those glocks shoot left for right handed shooters I've read. I helped dial my buddy in with his G19. He was shooting left as well.

I am up for that. Also am a member at A Place to Shoot. Pretty good place to dial stuff in. I can take you there for $10 if you are not a member. You get a lot more shooting in there because it is a hot range. They also allow fast shooting and have targets with multiple circles; for getting used to moving from one target to another. I got in an hour there last night and that MGW Glock tool seemed to do the trick on my fiber sights.

No answer from TCGC about Saturday yet. If they don't respond to my email, I'll call. I still would like to try a match w/o getting the AR cert, but damn - that is important - we need that for practice. Plus, I have shotguns :).

While I am thinking about it, don't forget if Sat is a go to bring kneepads or a mat, or both. I am sure kneeling on that gravel to shoot all day would be a pain without one or the other.

I'm not sure where I can find knee pads locally, I had forgotten about that. I have a tatical Benelli supernova that could be fun on the AR. Also a 9mm AR pistol. At the very least we should go watch the match. How far is the other spot You shoot at? Sounds cool.

Here is the link for A Place to Shoot - <broken link removed> It is a nice little indoor range in Jantzen Beach. Negatives are you must buy your ammo there and use their targets.

Been working 12 hour days this week, but really going to try my best for tomorrow. I have an extra set of Blackhawk knee/elbow pads you can use. We use them in our work; phone guys like me have to crawl around in awful places, under buildings, etc.

Getting an answer from TCGC about whether or not the PPC match would fulfill our requirements for the AR is impossible. Their number goes to an info-only answering machine and they don't return emails, so I guess the only way to find out is to go.

If you go in the morning, whether I can get away or not, don't forget to take that Certificate of Completion they gave you last week. The match director must sign it.

I ordered a decent belt and mag holders online but they haven't shown up yet :(.

Ehh I don't like having to buy overpriced ammo. I know a few great woods spots we can go and I grabbed 4 steel plates. I have yet to hear back as well. I didn't grab any ammo today either, I guess practice draw, dry fire and reloading a bit until a sanctioned match.

Hey we did it! When I just got off work after yet another 9 hour stretch it sunk in. That match was a lot more fun than I thought. Time to invest in a Kydex holster; the tweed one has to go LOL!

As for APTC my beef is not only do you have to buy their ammo, but you can't pre-load mags. I have .22 toys that take a lot of loading and to have to do it there before I start shooting is a drag. The other thing is it doesn't make rotating older ammo possible. I have 12-15 year old stored ammo I like to shoot, then replace with new. Can't do that there. You buy ammo from them, then shoot only that ammo. If you buy too much you take it back to the counter at checkout.

The decision to require shooters to buy ammo from them is purely a financial one and that is fine; they need to stay in business. But the policy to not allow people to buy the quantity of ammo they are shooting then use their older/pre-loaded ammo doesn't make any sense at all. I argued this a bit and didn't get anywhere. Great people there, but I think they missed the boat on this issue.

I love it, it's a great club. Plenty of stuff to do, completely worth the dues. I wish I had joined sooner.

I absolutely agree.

this is one of those very few things in life that I think should cost more. I seriously dont know how they do it 120 a year and I have access to a bunch of ranges, inside ranges (porta potties), I can take guests - which I do often, plus the nicest ranger officers ever (well most of 'em) - it is the best money spent I have spent on firearm related stuff. I consider myself lucky to be a member - I like it that much.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top