JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a tour from a member a couple of weeks ago............. Wow, what a facility and nice people too. The place is huge and very well appointed. I may be a member soon......

Right now the evenings are pretty slow there on the 100 yard general purpose range. They have a woodstove so the cold isn't so bad and the range is lite and open until 9:00pm, get out and shoot!

As the title states I just hit my 1 year anniversary. Have really enjoyed the club. The range officers are helpfull and do a great job ensuring everything is done in a safe manner. For that matter I have seen many members doing the same which is great as one of the reasons I signed up was to shoot in a safer enviroment then what I have observed when riding in the Tillamook forest area. I have taken a couple of friends and gave them the tour all of which were impressed.

The only issue I have had is with such a vast opportunity of disciplines (shotgun, pistol, indoor 22, outdoor rimfire, 100-300 yd, action shooting, etc..) it can complicate things at home! Everytime I come home I end up looking at different guns!!!

Some folks are senstive to the $120 annual dues, however at only $10 a month I feel it is a steal, not to mention that was the line I told my loving wife :)

After the initial $120 a year dues, one can always reduce it by $40 as a volunteer on one of the many one day work parties or help at the hunter's sight-in. Well worth the $10 a month for a safe and dry place to shoot.

I'm pretty happy with the place. Joined a couple of months ago and have used it fairly regularly since then. It's close for me, so no hardship in getting down there either. Figure I'll save the cost of membership in gas savings alone (instead of having to drive off to the woods) and the wood stoves are great on a cold day.

I have been a member for years and find most of the younger members, and quite a few of the older ones very friendly. There appear to be a few old timers who are just waiting for you to do something they don't approve of so they can scold you. It finally occurred to me that they go there more to look for someone to scold than to shoot. But they are in the very small minority, so I continue my membership.

I have made quite a few wonderful friends there, and really enjoy the various shooting disciplines.

Big thumbs up for Tri-County.:s0155:

I may give them a second look. The first time it was unfreindly and the old timers need to stay at dennys drfinking coffee. I'm very very close to them. I wonder is it large enough to no be always crowded.

can someone be more specific about the action range.

To use the action range you must take a certification class (that's free). The class walks you through the fundamentals of safetey in a classroom, and then moves to the range. On the range they then teach you how to perform some basic gun handling in a safe manner (like draws, moving through and around targets etc). It's primarily aimed at getting you IPSC certified, so there is some focus on the IPSC format, however it is not a requirement to compete. You do have to get on the waiting list though.

I found the class very informative, and the gun handling very useful. The instructors are very patient and knowledgable.

Once you have certification, you can use the action range at your leisure. The 'big' advantage is that you can set your targets at any distance you need within the confines of the bay (and safety). you can move and shoot, draw and shoot...and....shoot as quickly as you can pull the trigger.

I like to use the bays to test handgun loads with the chrony.....it's a lot more friendly for setup/takedown etc.

Of course, you can also attend the Cowboy Action class to get Action Range certification. Don't know the format, or how to attand that one, but I do recall hearing that it's a little easier to get into.

I may give them a second look. The first time it was unfreindly and the old timers need to stay at dennys drfinking coffee. I'm very very close to them. I wonder is it large enough to no be always crowded.

THE ACTION RANGE HAS 14 OR 15 "PITS" THAT ARE USED TO SHOOT IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, PPC, ETC, ANYTHING THAT REQUIRER YOU TO DRAW A FIREARM FROM A HOLSTER. YOU CAN ALSO SET UP TARGET AND SHOOT THEM AT CLOSE RANGE. 1' OUT TO ABOUT 50 YARDS. YOU MUST GET CERIFIED TO USE THIS RANGE, NOT HARD JUST HAVE TO GET IN A CLASS AND SHOOT A MATCH. SURE BE INFO ON THE WEBSITE.

TRICOUNT IS A GREAT CLUB THAT DOES HAVE SOME VERY PROTECTIVE OLDER MEMBERS, IT IS A PRIVTE CLUB, SO SELF POLICEING IS IN ORDER. ALL IT TAKES IS ONE DUMP ACCIDENT AND THE CLUB COULD BE DONE. I TO HAVE BEEN ON THE END OF SOME OF THIS, BUT TRY TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE. I HAVE A MEMBER OF TCGC FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND AM HAPPY AS A PUPPY WITH TWO PETERS TO HAVE BEEN SO. I HEAR WE ARE CLOSE TO OUR CAP OF 4500 MEMBER, NOT ON THE BOARD ANY MORE, JUST WHAT I HEAR.

IT'S A GREAT PLACE TO BE!!! GOIN' THERE NOW, TO THE ACTION RANGE WE GO!!!:s0155:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top