JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw your review and was just wondering how long the wait typically is for new members in your experience? I've been on the wait list for a couple months and have seen comments/reviews saying it can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
I believe it took me about 18 months to get approved, but that was a few years ago. This recent reddit thread seems to corroborate others' experience:

This review is a positive one, no negative waves here.
I've been a member there since 2010. They have made significant improvements each year. I have belonged to two other clubs, and while nice and 1/5 to 1/3 the cost, the shooting facilities do not compare.

The shooting sport opportunities are remarkable. I don't make the time to participate, but look at the calendar to get an idea.

When you go enough, it's easy to observe the usage patterns at the ranges and avoid crowds.

The RSOs check in on me, and I'm grateful. Haven't met an ornery one yet, though a few have pointed out when I have broken rules. I'll bet how you respond affects how rigorous they can be.

The 24 hour indoor 22 range is awesome. I've gone in at midnight a few times to blow off steam from work after other typical methods did not.

I think the only range I don't care for is the 25/50 yard outdoor pistol range. I use it, but I've been to better ones.

In hundreds of times going, I have met only one A-hole, and thankfully he is no longer a member. I've observed a few disrespectful shooters who leave their brass all over and leave.

I avoid crowded days like the plague.

Dues are up, but tell me what's not. My Internet provider doubled their price. I get more value out of TCGC.

They have a household membership option of $35 per person living under the same roof.

elsie
Hi there and thank you for posting. I want to ask for an update on the house hold membership. I'm still in the waiting list up to October, 2024 and I want to add my wife (same address) with me. What do I need to do to include her? Thank you!

Hi there and thank you for posting. I want to ask for an update on the house hold membership. I'm still in the waiting list up to October, 2024 and I want to add my wife (same address) with me. What do I need to do to include her? Thank you!
I don't believe you have to do anything special. Since it's technically one membership you can just add her when your enrollment period starts. There was an option for me to do it when I was signing up.

This review is a positive one, no negative waves here.
The 24 hour indoor 22 range is awesome. I've gone in at midnight a few times to blow off steam from work after other typical methods did not.
I think the only range I don't care for is the 25/50 yard outdoor pistol range. I use it, but I've been to better ones.
I avoid crowded days like the plague.

Dues are up, but tell me what's not. My Internet provider doubled their price. I get more value out of TCGC.
WoW.. That Sounds Wonderful that you can go on nights!
Is the 25/50 pistol range open at nights too?
What are the outdoor "ranges" on a 22 LR rifle?
Glad you're enjoying!

I don't believe you have to do anything special. Since it's technically one membership you can just add her when your enrollment period starts. There was an option for me to do it when I was signing up.
Thank you for the follow-up. I want to ask another question. Lets just say once in a while, can I bring someone like my brother in law? ✌️

WoW.. That Sounds Wonderful that you can go on nights!
Is the 25/50 pistol range open at nights too?
What are the outdoor "ranges" on a 22 LR rifle?
Glad you're enjoying!
The outdoor pistol range closes before Sundown. The exact time is posted at the entrance gate.
Other unlighted ranges also close at Sundown -- black powder, action ranges, archery range, to name a few.
The lighted ranges close at 9pm. This would be the 50/100 Rifle, 200/200 Rifle, shotgun and pistol connex box ranges.
For 22, you can use the rifle range, BP range and indoor range. There may be more, but I'm not sure.
My favorite is the black powder range with the metal reactive targets. I'll shoot BP, 22 and lead-only 30-30, 308, 300 Savage and 223 with reduced loads. There's a MV limit on the lead bullets.
I"ve been to the facility ~10 times this year, going mostly at night after 7. That late, there's usually only a handful of members there.

Just became a member at TCGC after waiting approximately 18 months. The range is awesome. At first I was hesitant due to the amount of rules and stories I had heard but if you go into it with an open mind/humble the rules actually make a lot of sense. I have some habits (not bad ones) that break some of the rules that I need to focus on.

Other than that I'm happy to be a member there.

The outdoor pistol range closes before Sundown. The exact time is posted at the entrance gate.
Other unlighted ranges also close at Sundown -- black powder, action ranges, archery range, to name a few.
The lighted ranges close at 9pm. This would be the 50/100 Rifle, 200/200 Rifle, shotgun and pistol connex box ranges.
For 22, you can use the rifle range, BP range and indoor range. There may be more, but I'm not sure.
My favorite is the black powder range with the metal reactive targets. I'll shoot BP, 22 and lead-only 30-30, 308, 300 Savage and 223 with reduced loads. There's a MV limit on the lead bullets.
I"ve been to the facility ~10 times this year, going mostly at night after 7. That late, there's usually only a handful of members there.
Very exciting! My house is not even that far from there. I use to see the facility 8 years ago and I thought it was a vacated complex. sounds fun!

Just became a member at TCGC after waiting approximately 18 months. The range is awesome. At first I was hesitant due to the amount of rules and stories I had heard but if you go into it with an open mind/humble the rules actually make a lot of sense. I have some habits (not bad ones) that break some of the rules that I need to focus on.

Other than that I'm happy to be a member there.
Welcome then. I think it's a great club and if I bump into you hopefully we can go shoot something together.

@HiFi Magnetics My advice in the future there is to only ever take one guest at a time and really explain the rules in detail. Never let the person out of your site until you know they are not an idiot.

Took a couple friends there once and it didn't require a range officer to close down the party, I did within a few minutes.

Careless, arrogant types and safe range time do not go together at all. I believe a member can bring in three, but I'd never do that unless they are people who respect firearm safety rules and will not make stupid mistakes.

@HiFi Magnetics My advice in the future there is to only ever take one guest at a time and really explain the rules in detail. Never let the person out of your site until you know they are not an idiot.

Took a couple friends there once and it didn't require a range officer to close down the party, I did within a few minutes.

Careless, arrogant types and safe range time do not go together at all. I believe a member can bring in three, but I'd never do that unless they are people who respect firearm safety rules and will not make stupid mistakes.
Thank you for letting me know.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews