JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I appreciate the offer but the hospitals need it more than me. They will be doing the procedures which aerosolize the the virus putting the emergency and ICU workers at most risk. Im not going to be of any help in an ICU so we need to protect those front line workers as long as possible more than me.

Understood. My offer extends to your general preps on the homefront as well. If you find you need something due to your supply chain being impacted on the island, just let me know.

Understood. My offer extends to your general preps on the homefront as well. If you find you need something due to your supply chain being impacted on the island, just let me know.

I really appreciate it. I hope Im set at home though nothing feels adequate now. I have freeze dried food for 3 months if we are careful, canned food and rice for a month more, water, water filters, generator, 30 gallons extra fuel, 2 propane tanks, hunting and fishing supplies. And if bad enough there are a few thousand head of cattle within dragging distance and the wild turkeys wandering around my street dont probably know yet what's in store for them :)

The irony is we are better prepared at home but I need to work and support the community and that's where the danger is. I'd rather the North Koreans be invading our beaches right now instead of this virus.

Hawaii has just announced a 14 day quarantine for anyone arriving in state. It starts on Thursday.

• Visitors would be responsible for any costs associated with quarantine.
  • Those who break quarantine would face a $5,000 fine and a year in jail.
  • The mandate would not apply to emergency responders and other essential workers, including those who are responding to the coronavirus pandemic. It would also not apply to flight crews.
  • Residents would quarantine in their homes.
  • The rule would not apply to any of the visitors already in Hawaii.

Even if you can get to Hawaii without getting sick, there's a large risk you may not be able to get back. Do you want to risk being stranded maybe for months, paying whatever others demand for food and lodging, which may be very different from prices you're quoted now?

There are reports Trump has been discussing cancelling flights to entire states. And quarantining entire states might happen.

I just cancelled a trip I was going to take in late april. I figure even if I could get from oregon to NY and back with nobody sick on the plane, its a near certainty the planes themselves are going to be contaminated. The virus can live for days in dried up droplets on surfaces. The mucus in the droplets stabilizes the virus. No way do I believe that there will be adequate decontamination between flights.

Also, many who get the virus show no symptoms and can run around feeling fine and spreading it.

Most important argument. Do you wanna be separated by a whole ocean from your closets full of guns, ammo, and toilet paper?
Yeah, our office manager/comptroller/part owner flew with his wife to Hawaii this last week. His brother asked him he thought that now was the right time to do that. I guess the response was something along the lines of no wanting to loose out on their reservation.... :confused:
He is due back Monday and I would be surprised to see him at work. I will be avoiding him "like the plague".....

Yeah, our office manager/comptroller/part owner flew with his wife to Hawaii this last week. His brother asked him he thought that now was the right time to do that. I guess the response was something along the lines of no wanting to loose out on their reservation.... :confused:

I call BS on the losing the reservation. Sounds like he was more in line with trying to get rid of his wife in a natural way. What goes through peoples minds sometimes......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top