JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We are never ones to travel. Kids have never seen the inside of a plane. but due to low prices we are thinking of taking them to Maui as soon as Sunday. What's the chances of being stuck there or thrown out due to virus?

While price wise you probably will do great, every day is different with this thing. If a national travel ban is implemented, then you are stuck. While Hawaii wouldn't be a bad place to be stuck in, you have to consider all of the logistics that go with it like, how long before room service runs out of toilet paper?

There's a few cases over here right now, but the news indicates that the airlines are considering shutting down. I'm not sure what plans the hotel industry has for the future, but if there are available rooms, which there are right now, it could get expensive if you get stuck.

Also, to get here, you may travel through some hot zones.

Uhhhhh, stuck in a metal tube breathing the same air... no thanx. I always get the flu after flying.

While price wise you probably will do great, every day is different with this thing. If a national travel ban is implemented, then you are stuck. While Hawaii wouldn't be a bad place to be stuck in, you have to consider all of the logistics that go with it like, how long before room service runs out of toilet paper?
There's a few cases over here right now, but the news indicates that the airlines are considering shutting down. I'm not sure what plans the hotel industry has for the future, but if there are available rooms, which there are right now, it could get expensive if you get stuck.

Also, to get here, you may travel through some hot zones.

Prices are already sky high in HI... I can just imagine what they would become after a travel shutdown!!! :eek::eek::eek:

The health department here dropped the ball. Until last week there were only 19 tests and flights and cruise ships coming in daily so it is brewing now.

The health system here barely functions on a good day so every one who gets severely sick is going to be flown to Honolulu and all the hospitals are going to be overrun quickly. As you can guess, we dont have a fleet of lifeflight planes to transfer critically ill patients. The guy in charge of our pandemic response is a mediocre ER doc from the tiniest hospital on the island.

Several of the community docs here on the big island are talking about the lack of any information coming out of the hospitals on what they plan to do.

dont fly now. it is seriously a pandemic and if you get sick here there is a good chance you'll not be able to get proper care. Unless you are coming with 6 months worth of emergency supplies it is dumb to try and vacation in a time like this.

we are going to be worse off that Puerto Rico here soon when the supplies stop coming in.

The health department here dropped the ball. Until last week there were only 19 tests and flights and cruise ships coming in daily so it is brewing now.

The health system here barely functions on a good day so every one who gets severely sick is going to be flown to Honolulu and all the hospitals are going to be overrun quickly. As you can guess, we dont have a fleet of lifeflight planes to transfer critically ill patients. The guy in charge of our pandemic response is a mediocre ER doc from the tiniest hospital on the island.

Several of the community docs here on the big island are talking about the lack of any information coming out of the hospitals on what they plan to do.

dont fly now. it is seriously a pandemic and if you get sick here there is a good chance. Unless you are coming with 6 months worth of emergency supplies it is dumb to try and vacation in a time like this.

we are going to be worse off that Puerto Rico here soon when the supplies stop coming in.

Thanx Doc!!!

HI = the new Italy... we don't want that.

dont fly now. it is seriously a pandemic and if you get sick here there is a good chance you'll not be able to get proper care. Unless you are coming with 6 months worth of emergency supplies it is dumb to try and vacation in a time like this.

Wow!!yea that changes things. We found a condo for 800.00 for 6 nights total.

Wow!!yea that changes things. We found a condo for 800.00 for 6 nights total.

We had the advantage of isolation but money from tourists is more important than lives. The governor is on TV straight up lying like saying all the physicians have appropriate protection when Im here using a 4 year old N95 mask from my own personal emergency supplies. We havent been able to get masks since january. I'm making my own hand sanitizer

When it gets bad here it will get bad. The state only has 5 days worth of food on hand at any one time. If shipping slows or stops things are going to get bad. I'm seriously concerned about only having 3 months of food stored. Store shelves here are 1/3 empty already.

I'd only come here if you are prepared for the state government to completely fail this situation. They failed the mumps outbreak a few years ago and that was only 600 patients.

We had the advantage of isolation but money from tourists is more important than lives. The governor is on TV straight up lying like saying all the physicians have appropriate protection when Im here using a 4 year old N95 mask from my own personal emergency supplies. We havent been able to get masks since january. I'm making my own hand sanitizer

When it gets bad here it will get bad. The state only has 5 days worth of food on hand at any one time. If shipping slows or stops things are going to get bad. I'm seriously concerned about only having 3 months of food stored. Store shelves here are 1/3 empty already.

I'd only come here if you are prepared for the state government to completely fail this situation. They failed the mumps outbreak a few years ago and that was only 600 patients.
Anyone have lots of extra masks and can spare a few for this man?

Bolus - are you at least sanitizing masks as often as possible with UV light or ozone?

Anyone have lots of extra masks and can spare a few for this man?

Bolus - are you at least sanitizing masks as often as possible with UV light or ozone?

Masks should go to hospitals where the risk to doctors doing procedures is much higher. Thanks though. The whole country is running out due to last minute lean supplies

We have no UV light or ozone ways to disinfect masks. I have a full face mask with P100 filters once it gets really bad.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the info. I have a buddy that was wanting to go as well. Since he found 5 nights at the Hilton Waikiki for $300 bucks. Not leaving till 4-1-20. I told him not a good idea, since it will probably get worse before it gets better. Stay safe everyone.

Masks should go to hospitals where the risk to doctors doing procedures is much higher. Thanks though. The whole country is running out due to last minute lean supplies

We have no UV light or ozone ways to disinfect masks. I have a full face mask with P100 filters once it gets really bad.
My bad, thought you were in a hospital!

Side question about your full face respirator- what is your protocol on filter sanitizing? Mask can be dunked in bleach solution and sanitized, but how long do you use the cartridges before disposal? Are your filters encapsulated in plastic, or just open filter media?

Yea, it's like $5 to get there but.. they'll take your temp in the concourse, if it's over 90F they'll test you, I think that takes two days, and if you're sick you're put up in a barracks type hotel n can't leave, all while getting charged $250 per person per day for that pleasure.
Good luck.

My bad, thought you were in a hospital!

Side question about your full face respirator- what is your protocol on filter sanitizing? Mask can be dunked in bleach solution and sanitized, but how long do you use the cartridges before disposal? Are your filters encapsulated in plastic, or just open filter media?

My plan was to use them until I get sick. I dont know how to sanitize them but the bleach solution sounds good. The cartridges are the plastic encapsulated ones.

Yea, it's like $5 to get there but.. they'll take your temp in the concourse, if it's over 90F they'll test you, I think that takes two days, and if you're sick you're put up in a barracks type hotel n can't leave, all while getting charged $250 per person per day for that pleasure.
Good luck.

The tourists are still coming. They are interviewing them on the news and they are pissed off that they spent money to get here but cant get the full Hawaii experience. So yeah, I guess we really deserve this plague

My plan was to use them until I get sick. I dont know how to sanitize them but the bleach solution sounds good. The cartridges are the plastic ones.

I learned a lot from this study. Read when you have time. They give good info on respirator sanitizing, but they only say to wipe off the plastic shell surrounding the filter and set aside... thought that was odd they don't give guidelines on how long to keep reusing them.

And, while a beautiful place (I've been) it's crawling with anti-gun, bernie bros...

I won't return even if I survive...I would fly there on my own 2 wings as a ghost though...what's the harm if I'm dead, eh?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top