JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sounds like Grandpa has good taste in rifles.
Too bad , in order to be "legal" you have to go though so many hoops for a family rifle.

When a law is oppressive and intrudes on the private affairs of a otherwise law abiding person , I think that it ceases to be a instrument of justice and becomes a instrument of tyranny.

Note to all I am not saying go out a break a law ... Just that I think the existing law in question is a farce.
Andy

Rifle, what rifle?

House fire!

Seriously, why is this thread even here.

I'm pretty sure that rifle is millenniums away from any sort of records. Keep it that way. Then continue handing it down to the next generation out of any gubermemts book keeping.

As far as I'm concerned that rifle was given to you before any stupid law was passed.

Besides if it isn't on any books, how does anyone know where or even what it is.

Now, I'll sit back and watch people freak out about how all of what I just said is against the law.

No freaking out here.
But to advise the breaking of a law on a public forum ... Might be unwise or against forum rules.

Not to say that I am in agreement with said law, see my post in #22.
Andy

Everything in this country is LEGAL until there is a law written to make it otherwise.

Show me a law/ordinance which states you can not just be given the rifle without any FFL involved?

Show me a law/ordinance which states you can not just be given the rifle without any FFL involved?

The law concerning interstate transfers and non-licensed individuals has been in force for nearly half a century (1968). The relevant statutes can be found in 18 U.S.C. § 922 : US Code - Section 922. It was amended in 1986 to allow for long gun transfers for residents of all states, not just neighboring states (Public Law No: 99-308).

And, I'm done.

OP question answered. And any suggestion of breaking any laws regarding firearms is not allowed at NWFA. Thread locked.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads