JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I must just be a lucky guy. Including my wife's Compact we've had 4 of these Rugers. Her's is the worst, but is decently "hunting accurate". Heck, even my 375 Ruger was a 1" gun (@ 100yds)
I've owned a few guns that are supposed to be accurate that were not and I'll not waste my time with ever again, so I can appreciate your sentiments, Vaultman. King among those was a Smith and Wesson 1500, which is the same as the Howa and Weatherby Vanguard. What a disappointment that one was....

After bedding the stock I love mine. I was not too happy with the price to groupings prior. Almost sold it. I have a redfield tac 3-9 on it and can put down 1-3" groups at 450-500 yards depending on the loads.

I sold my Ruger Gunsight Scout to purchase a 700 SPS tactical, as well as a Ruger American compact. Both in 308. I was using the Scout for both long range as well as blacktail brush. I liked the idea of what it was more than seeing it wasn't my really the best for either in my opinion. I went through all the steps to make it more accurate. However I came to the point where I knew it was still only half way there to being what I needed it to be.

Just put these two post together and guess I'm way behind the curve here... You could get your Ruger Gunsite Rifle to shoot 1" - 3" groups at 450-500 yards and thats only half where you needed it to be? Holy cow! If I can get ANYTHING to shoot an inch at 200-yards I'm just all kinds of happy.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews