JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I must just be a lucky guy. Including my wife's Compact we've had 4 of these Rugers. Her's is the worst, but is decently "hunting accurate". Heck, even my 375 Ruger was a 1" gun (@ 100yds)
I've owned a few guns that are supposed to be accurate that were not and I'll not waste my time with ever again, so I can appreciate your sentiments, Vaultman. King among those was a Smith and Wesson 1500, which is the same as the Howa and Weatherby Vanguard. What a disappointment that one was....

After bedding the stock I love mine. I was not too happy with the price to groupings prior. Almost sold it. I have a redfield tac 3-9 on it and can put down 1-3" groups at 450-500 yards depending on the loads.

I sold my Ruger Gunsight Scout to purchase a 700 SPS tactical, as well as a Ruger American compact. Both in 308. I was using the Scout for both long range as well as blacktail brush. I liked the idea of what it was more than seeing it wasn't my really the best for either in my opinion. I went through all the steps to make it more accurate. However I came to the point where I knew it was still only half way there to being what I needed it to be.

Just put these two post together and guess I'm way behind the curve here... You could get your Ruger Gunsite Rifle to shoot 1" - 3" groups at 450-500 yards and thats only half where you needed it to be? Holy cow! If I can get ANYTHING to shoot an inch at 200-yards I'm just all kinds of happy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top