JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No Kelli McGillis..

6C6FB0A3-E23C-42E8-95CC-DCFD48BEBFC1.jpeg

Gee... wonder why?:rolleyes:

The flight scenes from "Top Gun" were pretty good but the other scenes I could care less. My favorite movie is "Blade Runner", followed closely by the original, "Alien" movie.

@7:30, I love how the rockets rip through the fuselage and through the bad guy like bullets. :D

Really shows how crap the special effects budgets were that they used guns inside the rocket tubes to simulate "rockets" :rolleyes: then again, not many movies where they actually had use of actual current issue military helicopters en masse as opposed to using Hueys and French helos (I'm looking at you, "Hindified" Super Puma of Rambo infamy lol)

I hope the trailer is showing things out of sequence. It shows the F-18 in afterburner before launch, and then Maverick slams the throttle forward before launch. If you are on the cat at full afterburner under tension for launch, the throttle is already all the way forward.

It's just a movie. Geez! :(

And such was the Hot Topic at the 1st official meeting of the "Zipper Club"

The topic of Home theater systems came up, and it naturally led me to make the case for TOP GUN as THE movie for judging the quality of a surround sound system...
Which led to these two geeking out over F14's and @No_Regerts crying about the lack of realism.
Then lots of YouTube videos showing the subtleties of how an after burner ACTUALLY sounds, and what the HUD ACTUALLY looks like during an ACTUAL dog fight.:rolleyes:
YAWN!!!

:s0108:

How about Iron Eagle? You could see the shaking in the models from the guy holding the stick. :D

The topic of Home theater systems came up, and it naturally led me to make the case for TOP GUN as THE movie for judging the quality of a surround sound system...
Which led to these two geeking out over F14's and @No_Regerts crying about the lack of realism.
Then lots of YouTube videos showing the subtleties of how an after burner ACTUALLY sounds, and what the HUD ACTUALLY looks like during an ACTUAL dog fight.:rolleyes:
YAWN!!!

Next time we will go over how hard it would really be to have two F16s loaded with more ordinance than a B29, steal them, fly them accross the Atlantic, blow uo a bunch of stuff, and rescue a guy.

So reading the J-CATCH wikipedia entries and their source reports.. it seems like Fire Birds at least based some of the action scenes upon the results of that exercise's reports... like the fact that the kill ratio was 5:1 in favor of helicopters against fixed wing aircraft, where the fighter/ground attack aircraft tactics were not modified from previous, as opposed to the next stage where lessons were applied from that experience, and basically the summary was for the aircraft to avoid engaging attack helicopters unless the air craft had the height advantage, and beyond visual range confirmation, and engaged with Sparrows and Sidewinders instead of cannons.

YAWN!!!

I told him if he doesn't get a damn soundbar before Christmas I'm buying him one in general principal. :p

Next time we will go over how hard it would really be to have two F16s loaded with more ordinance than a B29, steal them, fly them accross the Atlantic, blow uo a bunch of stuff, and rescue a guy.
Maybe after you get that sound bar;)

Why is it that picture quality in a new TV is leaps and bounds better than it was 20 years ago yet you have to turn the Damm things up to 100 and turn on the subtitles to hear and understand the frakking audio?

I "own" it on Prime. Maybe we need to revisit their tactics? ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top