Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Toomey and Manchin’s Slippery Slope

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by ConcealedCarrie, Apr 11, 2013.

1. ConcealedCarrie

ConcealedCarrie People's Republic of Washington Member

From the brilliant Charles C. W. Cooke at National Review:

Toomey and Manchin’s Slippery Slope

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    kumabear17 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ConcealedCarrie

ConcealedCarrie People's Republic of Washington Member

This is so spot-on, and definitely worth the click. It's never over for the American Left. They are patient enough to work incrementally, but they never stop "working".

3. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

Toomey and Manchin, as well as the other turncoats, don't give a damn about how this turns out. They are all about getting re-elected and staying in office. They will exempt themselves now and in retirement like they do one everything else.
    Obama must have pictures of a lot of these guys with goats or with each other in compromising positions to continually see them sell out this way.
    I had hope with the sequester vote Republicans were starting to grow a pair. Appears I was wrong.
    Paul, Cruz and Lee are trying to rally their follows, but it isn't enough so far even if McConnell come over.
    McConnell needs to take a lesson from Reid on how to rally his troops. He's not doing to well at the moment and it's costing all of us.
    Well time to find the one last gun I have to have - before the next one - in case I can't buy more later (this is an expensive way to work off stress. All the letters, e-mails, twitter and phone calls just add to the the tension, but a new firearm does help for a while. Biden said it was like hold a Ferrari - what a dips_ _ _ :) )
    Butch

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -George Washington

5. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

6. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

7. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I am looking forward to contributing nicely to get rid of these bozos when the next campaign comes.

8. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It takes more than that. It takes knocking on doors, making phone calls, sending e-mails, talking to your friends and neighbors. It takes a 5% swing in every precinct. You up to that?

Better start now, then. The 2014 campaign season is already under way

9. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

10. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

You think that's bad?

Translation: No protection for patient privacy from NICS, any doctor can report you and have your 2A rights stripped with no due process whatsoever.

My prediction: Statist doctors are going to report every patient they see. Gun owners will stop seeing doctors. Totally useless, counterproductive law, just like 99% of laws on the books.

11. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

This is certainly one of those "the devil is in the details" bills.

The doctor issue as brought up by dmancornell, on another site I saw the 15 year imprisonment clause for the FFL failing to do paperwork properly or failing to store properly.

So what is the failure on paperwork, definition? Forget a dash mark in a serial number, "Y" in place of "Yes" or real errors like no name or address on the 4473.

The ATF can go nail a few dealers quickly and many others may decide to get out of the business.