JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the brilliant Charles C. W. Cooke at National Review:

<broken link removed>

Alas, there is peril ahead. Why? Because today's "exemption" is tomorrow's "loophole." No sooner will the glorious presidential ink have dried on that abject page, than those provisions that were sold a few days earlier as commonsense exemptions &#8212; the product of "bipartisan compromise" and other media-tested platitudes &#8212; will become structural problems, ripe for "standardizing." Sure, Congress wouldn't be so gauche as to include A or B or C in their bill today. But have no doubt: Within a few weeks of the bill's passage, the eerie progressive silence that has marked this tortured process will be broken, and when it is, legions of prominent gun controllers will take to their feet in order to argue that it makes "no sense" for there to be "exemptions" to the almost universal background-check system.

They will cynically inquire as to whether keeping these loopholes open for the "industry" is more important than the lives of children, and they will profess that the existing system simply "can't work" without them. Studies will be commissioned to demonstrate that tying off these "loose ends" is all that stands between the United States and broad sunlit uplands. And, while demonstrating not only that they don't know the slightest thing about guns but that they don't care that they don't, ThinkProgress and Talking Points Memo and Salon will smirk and make oh-so-smug jokes about "black helicopters" and militias. After all, we already regulate commercial sales, Internet sales, and gun shows, right? This is just a baby step &#8212; nothing to worry about, wingnuts.

Last Edited:
Toomey and Manchin, as well as the other turncoats, don't give a damn about how this turns out. They are all about getting re-elected and staying in office. They will exempt themselves now and in retirement like they do one everything else.
Obama must have pictures of a lot of these guys with goats or with each other in compromising positions to continually see them sell out this way.
I had hope with the sequester vote Republicans were starting to grow a pair. Appears I was wrong.
Paul, Cruz and Lee are trying to rally their follows, but it isn't enough so far even if McConnell come over.
McConnell needs to take a lesson from Reid on how to rally his troops. He's not doing to well at the moment and it's costing all of us.
Well time to find the one last gun I have to have - before the next one - in case I can't buy more later (this is an expensive way to work off stress. All the letters, e-mails, twitter and phone calls just add to the the tension, but a new firearm does help for a while. Biden said it was like hold a Ferrari - what a dips_ _ _ :) )
Butch

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -George Washington

I dunno. It might just be that a lot of folks are getting worked up over nothingness at this point.

<broken link removed>

One of the joyous wonders of our system of government is the House of Representatives. There was a reason they get elected every two years, and the Senate was originally appointed by the states....

One of the joyous wonders of our system of government is the House of Representatives. There was a reason they get elected every two years, and the Senate was originally appointed by the states....

I am looking forward to contributing nicely to get rid of these bozos when the next campaign comes.

I am looking forward to contributing nicely to get rid of these bozos when the next campaign comes.

It takes more than that. It takes knocking on doors, making phone calls, sending e-mails, talking to your friends and neighbors. It takes a 5% swing in every precinct. You up to that?

Better start now, then. The 2014 campaign season is already under way

You think that's bad?

SEC. 117. CLARIFICATION THAT SUBMISSION OF MENTAL HEALTH RECORDS TO THE NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM IS NOT PROHIBITED BY THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT.
Information collected under section 102(c)(3) of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 (18 U.S.C. 922 note) to assist the Attorney General in enforcing section 922(g)(4) of title 18, United States Code, shall not be subject to the regulations promulgated under section 264(c) of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 U.S.C. 1320d-2 note).

Translation: No protection for patient privacy from NICS, any doctor can report you and have your 2A rights stripped with no due process whatsoever.

My prediction: Statist doctors are going to report every patient they see. Gun owners will stop seeing doctors. Totally useless, counterproductive law, just like 99% of laws on the books.

This is certainly one of those "the devil is in the details" bills.

The doctor issue as brought up by dmancornell, on another site I saw the 15 year imprisonment clause for the FFL failing to do paperwork properly or failing to store properly.

So what is the failure on paperwork, definition? Forget a dash mark in a serial number, "Y" in place of "Yes" or real errors like no name or address on the 4473.

The ATF can go nail a few dealers quickly and many others may decide to get out of the business.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top