JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is great news! As Obummer stated: "This is only round one, we will be back." I wish he would do the following:
1) Stop dragging these parents of these murdered children out each and every speech. We get it, this was horrible and the pain of these parents will never go away, never.
2) Just for once look beyond the guns into something like mental illness, gangs, organized crime, media influences?
3) Maybe use his office to do something about the economy, north korea, syria, russia, china or anything other than gun control.
4) Stop making up the 90% number....where the hell is this number coming from and is it like the other's (either overstated or patently false).
OK, I'll turn the rant off. Good win, get ready for the next round.

It's nice for the win but brace for impact. Obummer is not going to let this rest. He has it stuck in that pointed head of his that he wants to do away with the 2A. It goes against his tyrannical plans.

Keep your Heads up! Hold 'em High!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I raise a glass! Mazel Tov!

IN the same way, celebrating not losing your freedom is not always the greatest thing to celebrate. Why should we keep having to celebrate not losing our freedoms? If the liberals/anti-freedom people would spend the same effort looking for ways to protect our people as they do to take our freedom away, the atrocities, like in Boston two days ago, maybe would not have happened. Instead, our tax dollars have been wasted with more useless, feel-good measures that only have media appeal.

Like Osama said, it's not over.

We need to keep the Second Amendment fresh in our minds for the upcoming election and remind those democrat senators what happened the last time they voted for anti second amendment legislation.

All amendments, including assualt weapon and magazine bans, failed. One more amendment to vote on tomorrow.

With the amendments failing at the rate they are I am having a difficult time believing Obummer when he says the majority of the American population want to have these restrictions voted into law. The majority is telling him "No" and he doesn't like it.

Its a bunch of bs that they can change thier vote.Obama bin laden will try and use it against the Repubs from now on convincing america that everyone on the right are a bunch of baby killing monsters.Hopefully he will make a total a$$ of himself.

LOL, Dear Leader is raging on TV.

Waaaahhhh, my cynical ploy to seize yet more power by goose-stepping on the corpses of children failed. WAAAHHHHHH.

Maybe he'll console himself by drone-murdering several dozen people tonight.

WE won this bit!!!!!!!!

But we all know there will be more.

I will not stop fighting any of it till I'm dead and I will make sure my Children will keep the watch and the fight going till all is well!!!!!!!
I also know they are in for a long fight too!!!!!!

IS THIS SOMETHING NEW?

Grassley-Cruz gun bill allows interstate transport of firearms

By Jonathan Easley - 04/17/13 10:30 AM ET

Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) will unveil an alternative gun control bill on Wednesday that includes provisions making it easier to purchase and transport firearms across state lines.

According to details provided by a source close to the negotiations, the bill would allow for the interstate sale of firearms, and for the interstate transportation of firearms providing certain conditions are met. Guns transported across state lines will have to be unloaded, locked in a vehicle or kept in the trunk.

Another pro-gun provision of the bill will allow military members to buy guns in the states where they're stationed.

The announcement comes on a day when the Senate appears likely to block further debate on a bipartisan background checks bill. The Grassley-Cruz legislation shifts the debate from focusing solely on gun control reforms, to an area of debate that the 113th Congress hasn't considered – reforms that ease restrictions on firearms.

In addition to the pro-gun measures, the Grassley-Cruz bill addresses some of the gun control reforms that have so far proved more palatable for senators weary of committing to comprehensive reform.

The bill would increase the resources available to prosecutors for violators of gun laws, and creates a "Cruz Task Force" to prosecute those who fail criminal background checks. The task force is funded through an Asset Forfeiture Fund.

The bill criminalizes straw purchasing and trafficking, measures Grassley supported in committee hearings on the gun control bill that will go before the Senate later this month. It also seeks to increase safety at schools, keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, and increases accountability for prosecutions at the executive level by requiring the Department of Justice to submit reports to Congress.

Grassley and Cruz will hold a press conference at 10:30 on Wednesday to unveil the legislation.

IS THIS SOMETHING NEW?

Grassley-Cruz gun bill allows interstate transport of firearms

By Jonathan Easley - 04/17/13 10:30 AM ET

Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) will unveil an alternative gun control bill on Wednesday that includes provisions making it easier to purchase and transport firearms across state lines.

According to details provided by a source close to the negotiations, the bill would allow for the interstate sale of firearms, and for the interstate transportation of firearms providing certain conditions are met. Guns transported across state lines will have to be unloaded, locked in a vehicle or kept in the trunk.

Another pro-gun provision of the bill will allow military members to buy guns in the states where they're stationed.

The announcement comes on a day when the Senate appears likely to block further debate on a bipartisan background checks bill. The Grassley-Cruz legislation shifts the debate from focusing solely on gun control reforms, to an area of debate that the 113th Congress hasn't considered – reforms that ease restrictions on firearms.

In addition to the pro-gun measures, the Grassley-Cruz bill addresses some of the gun control reforms that have so far proved more palatable for senators weary of committing to comprehensive reform.

The bill would increase the resources available to prosecutors for violators of gun laws, and creates a "Cruz Task Force" to prosecute those who fail criminal background checks. The task force is funded through an Asset Forfeiture Fund.

The bill criminalizes straw purchasing and trafficking, measures Grassley supported in committee hearings on the gun control bill that will go before the Senate later this month. It also seeks to increase safety at schools, keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, and increases accountability for prosecutions at the executive level by requiring the Department of Justice to submit reports to Congress.

Grassley and Cruz will hold a press conference at 10:30 on Wednesday to unveil the legislation.

Sounds like one of the amendments that failed to pass.

This is excellent news!

The Cruz bill makes me nervous.

Mental health, mental illness and the entire system of mental state classification is a joke. It's completely ignored by the system, and there is
No help out there for the mentally ill. (Anybody who has a mentally ill person in the family knows what I'm talking about.

The "Mental health" rules, loopholes and laws have only served as a tool used by tyrants to disarm our veterans, angry mothers and anybody that doesn't drink the coolaid.

I don't want to see MORE power given to that already abused avenue of tyranny.

But cheers for the other bills dying!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top