JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in California, but plan to retire soon to Oregon coast. Do I have to be a resident before I can sell a few of my inherited firearms to a dealer. Need some cash and don't want to sell them here, no papers. Thanks!

You should be good to go. I am in Oregon. I can drive across the river to Washington and sell to a WA FFL. This is how it is done if I sell a firearm to a WA resident. I drive up to Vancouver and meet them at an WA FFL to do the transfer. It works in reverse also.

You can sell them out of state and the buyer generally pays for the shipping to his FFL in the state he resides in.
It's not that hard to do and you can get a better price then what a dealer will offer.

I you have the time, check out GunBroker.com. There is a lot of info there about selling and shipping and is a good place to sell if you don't mind waiting for the auction to end and a few days to get paid.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top