JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perfect example of why citizens need to be armed. LEOs need the people to help them. It's the only way to keep the community safe.

Ok, I can't hold back... This is not aimed at you clearconscience: My how the tune changes. I thought we were all supposed to run and not get involved, in this case hide in the house? Don't be a hero, it's not worth the risk, not if it's not me or mine, not to protect property, yada yada yada.

Ok, I can't hold back... This is not aimed at you clearconscience: My how the tune changes. I thought we were all supposed to run and not get involved, in this case hide in the house? Don't be a hero, it's not worth the risk, not if it's not me or mine, not to protect property, yada yada yada.

Isn't it interesting? Puff out the chest and beat it but when it comes time... retreat because it doesn't have an effect on MY family...

I feel what you are saying. Rampant ideology isn't it.

Never underestimate what you will do in a very high stess situation...

Some people will forget their training, some will hide when they thought they would step in and some will step up when they thought they would flee.

The best thing you can do is try to know what kind of person you are with experience before a major situation happens imo.

I personally wouldn't go chasing down a bad guy or get involved if I didn't have to. ie, if it didn't involve my family's safety.
But if I was outside and these guys came up trying to steal my car or they jump in my back yard, etc that's a threat to my family.

Otherwise observe and report.

And I would still praise these guys for doing what they did.

I personally wouldn't go chasing down a bad guy or get involved if I didn't have to. ie, if it didn't involve my family's safety.
But if I was outside and these guys came up trying to steal my car or they jump in my back yard, etc that's a threat to my family.

Otherwise observe and report.

And I would still praise these guys for doing what they did.

Agreed +1.

Protect your own has to be #1. Everything after that is a case by case basis.

You are keeping watch out your front window and see that two heavily tattoed azzholes are trying to boost your car. Not sure how that is a threat to your family. But anyway, you go out and hold them at gunpoint because they might be those two escaped prisoners that just killed two guards. You are risking you life because you can't really see how they are armed and they might make a mistake and get too close, they could take your handgun and shove it where the sun don't shine. And if they weren't those two bandidos, could you shoot them if they tried anything??????

It looks like there's more to the story: Tenn. man loaded guns, prayed before capture of escaped inmates

It looks like he loaded his guns when he heard they might be in his area, then called 911 and loaded the family into the car to get away when he actually saw them. They then flagged him down to surrender to him, with no guns being drawn or displayed. Different from what I'd heard at first.

I don't think I'd want to confront a couple of known killers unless I had absolutely no choice. Just speculating, but I'd guess they surrendered because, having been on the run as they were and having killed officers, they knew they were dead if they didn't.

I expect that if the guy they surrendered to gets the reward, he might need to share it with these folks: Couple's dramatic 911 call after being held hostage by escaped inmates: 'Get the police out here'

They had a bad ordeal at the hands of these thugs, and made the call that helped get them caught.

But I thought there was no such thing as a good guy with guns. I keep getting reminded that we're all murderers for owning a gun. :rolleyes:

I'd shoot you for stealing my Twinkie!!
Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You see... If it was cheat day and someone stole the one twinkie I got to eat... You'd probably hear a news story about a person chasing someone with a hockey stick over a twinkie. :D:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top