JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hardest place to get a CCP and 1000's more crooks and rapist in the streets. Makes perfect sence to live or vistit there dont it. Glad I do not live in California and after one trip at 16 years old to Northern California I have never felt need to go back to Califonia Though I hear the charter fishing trips there are pretty good down South.

Gotta love the federal courts demanding that CA release all those inmates due to overcrowding after making them spend the funds allocated for new prison construction to expand medical/mental/dental health prison facilities. What the courts are not getting is that they are forcing release of the minimum security inmates and the minimum facilities are not overcrowded - its the level 3 and 4 facilities that are near bursting. Also, per department policies and legislation you can not put maximum security inmates in minimum facilities. So much for re-entry programing... CA was already spending 10 times the money per inmate for medical/mental/mental than half the other states yet you don't see them forcing Alabama to increase health care...

Maybe if they stopped putting people in prison for non-violent offenses they might not have this as a serious problem. Pot dealer? 10 years. Get caught with a bag of mushrooms? 20. States are creating their own problems. California can sink into the ocean for all I care.

"California can sink into the ocean for all I care."
Couldn't it just revert to Mexico?
Liberal reasoning at its finest: release the evil doers and ban all guns except the Nerf variety. We left the DPRK in '92 (what a relief!!) and I don't even like going back to visit. When we have visited I have the same feeling I would going to a foreign country. The Demokratik Peoples' Republik of Kalifornistan (aka West New Jersey) isn't even part of the USA.

"California can sink into the ocean for all I care."
Couldn't it just revert to Mexico?
Liberal reasoning at its finest: release the evil doers and ban all guns except the Nerf variety. We left the DPRK in '92 (what a relief!!) and I don't even like going back to visit. When we have visited I have the same feeling I would going to a foreign country. The Demokratik Peoples' Republik of Kalifornistan (aka West New Jersey) isn't even part of the USA.

I agree. I haven't been back in a little over a year now and don't think I will go back, within the next 5. I occasionally jump on calguns and watch the political forum just to see what's going on. There was a point in time the thread discussions were normal to me, now they are absolutely nucking futs. It seems like a different planet, the stuff they are fighting.

As for the prisons... This was a long time coming. They were threatening this was going to happen when I still lived there. The Sacramento County Sheriff went shall issue because of the threat. The city council had a fit. Fun times.

While I understand everyone's posts about that bubblegum hole, I do not celebrate that this is happening. The liberals RUINED a once great state, and it makes me very mad. I see California as a turd slowly swirling around the bowl. It's very likely we are witnessing the start of its collapse. Who knows, maybe the liberals will figure out a way out of it. I doubt it though, not with their taxation , welfare programs, and completely out of control spending.

This all started in 1986 with the first immigration amnesty. Before then California was a solid red state.

Since then the libs have all the power and have done their best to mismanage the 7th LARGEST economy in the world.

Take a look at Detroit. The libs chased their taxbase right out of town, just like California is doing now.

What will happen is that crime will go up, and that more home owners more worried about the legal consequences of a good shoot, will sit there in the corner, tied up and crying as their wives are getting raped, trying to tell her that it was better her to get gang raped, then him having to defend a good shoot with the district attorney.

In a stupid way, there is something simplistic and Darwinian about criminals taking over and shearing the amoral, apathetic, Nihlistic sheep that do little more then eat, poop, sleep, and make more in the way people to suck off the system.

It's like a child holding its breath, trying to invoke pity/"mercy".
It's typical/understandable that "cuts" be made in the most obvious/painful ways in order to re-fund the pyramid feeding trough.
Let 'em all loose, shut it all down.. perhaps then it'll expedite/showcase their folly in all fundamental ways.
A good conservative/conservator is well aware of how steady-state sustainability is effected.. it ain't happening in this scheme though they crow all about it yet fail miserably.

What we need to do is break California off from the rest of the United States, pull it out a couple thousand miles into the ocean and make it it's own country where Obama can be the dicatator. Move all the libtards there and take back the all of the decent honest people back to our country. After all of that happens, THEN it can sink into the ocean.

I thank God that I only worked there for less than a year B-4 finding my place on the planet in a little town in SWWA!!!! I hated it down there but my work dried up and had to feed the family. I'm from the South originally.

Don't smirk too much.
I remember last year; prisoners were released here in Southern Oregon too,,
Also let go of most of our sheriffs. There are plans to let more go. :s0131:

Maybe if they stopped putting people in prison for non-violent offenses they might not have this as a serious problem. Pot dealer? 10 years. Get caught with a bag of mushrooms? 20. States are creating their own problems. California can sink into the ocean for all I care.

Don't necessarily disagree, I will say that half the mess would go away if the feds would pay to house the illegals convicted of violent felonies, if they aren't going to take protecting the border seriously they should pay for the mess they create.

If states would remember what Lysander Spooner said over 100 years ago: Vices Are Not Crimes. <broken link removed>

"It is a maxim of the law that there can be no crime without a criminal intent; that is, without the intent to invade the person or property of another. But no one ever practises a vice with any such criminal intent. He practises his vice for his own happiness solely, and not from any malice toward others.

Unless this clear distinction between vices and crimes be made and recognized by the laws, there can be on earth no such thing as individual right, liberty, or property; no such things as the right of one man to the control of his own person and property, and the corresponding and coequal rights of another man to the control of his own person and property.

For a government to declare a vice to be a crime, and to punish it as such, is an attempt to falsify the very nature of things. It is as absurd as it would be to declare truth to be falsehood, or falsehood truth."

Maybe then, our jails wouldn't be so crowded.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top