JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my new T3 Lite stainless in 7mm Rem Mag to the range, ARPC, today to see if she likes Accubonds. So far, so good.

That's .448", mv 3040. She didn't like the 162 ELDX load that my brother's T3 shoots bugholes with, but I'll try a depth test.

I took two 7mm-08s with me too, to see how they shoot after a heavy session with Wipe-Out foam. I used the same load that I developed last year, 150 ELDX and Big Game.

The Superlite did okay, .489".

69FB5149-8D78-482D-9692-C64F06865BDB_zps9cx9lcli.jpg

Red Death shot like I expected, a little better than the Superlite. I don't even take pics of that one anymore.

Here's the scary part. The RO approached my to ask about the brand of rifle I had. When I told him Tikka he said, well now we know. A few days ago someone found a piece of an action near the firing line. The RO went to the office to retrieve it, then matched it to my Tikka.

D2CCA871-DDA7-4F75-BB2C-699750FBE75F_zpsyqxnzgap.jpg

A25361A9-E3CC-48AA-938E-0774C4C652EE_zpsmoyszrax.jpg

Somebody had a really bad day!

P 6508AE1E-8C20-4562-BF03-F6524D6E0E44_zpsq5r2duq9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you really know what your doing with reloads DON'T

I run reloads in my 338wm
but stick with hornady 250 and 225 gr load data works fine for me

@ 54.00 a box saves money for dog cookies

You ever play Reload Roulette? It's a hoot.

Stand in front of your powder cabinet, blindfolded. Spin around four or five times, then grab a canister of powder. Still blindfolded, pour a bunch of powder into a bowl, and use that for your next batch of reloads.

Never a dull moment.

Dad, brother, son, nephew, self.

I'm the reloading master. If I thought about it for awhile, I could remember the last animal one of us killed with factory (cough) ammo.

P

those are large groups for a tikka.

not really. looks awesome man! whatever youre doin keep doin it.

my accubonds and ballistic tips in 308 shoot exactly the same.

:)

Glad it wasn't you - musta sucked for whomever it happened to. . .
I would think someone went to the hospital for that one, at least to be sure they weren't injured.

Trying out 44 Mag reloads today at TCGC, #5 on my 2nd wheel seems kinda like a squib. #6 fires correctly. Go to unload, and the cylinder pin is out. Huh? Turns out the retaining screw came loose and fell out. Found the spring and the cup nut. Already ordered the shoulder screw part from Nurmrich. I'm bummed because I was really liking those loads, 300MP under 210 grain powder coated cast FP boolits, and wanted to shoot a bunch more.

You ever play Reload Roulette? It's a hoot.

Stand in front of your powder cabinet, blindfolded. Spin around four or five times, then grab a canister of powder. Still blindfolded, pour a bunch of powder into a bowl, and use that for your next batch of reloads.

Never a dull moment.

1) Why not pour them all into the bowl, mix well, and stuff the case full? Now THAT'S adventure!
2) Gun show reloads are probably not a good idea.

Nice pharmseller!! Love those Tikka's you just can't go wrong. My next step is getting into reloading to tighten up my groups. So many on here have inspired me to be better.

Oh and thanks for spending my money guys! :D

I'm thinking it is more likely that the guy blew up his rifle by leaving a laser boresite in the barrel.

Happens way more than you would think.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR