JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
23F41323-C8FF-4B37-8323-1A6D1ED62EFE.jpeg Rolled a seating depth test with 69 grains Reloader 26 and 162 ELDX. Chronoed at 3030, just one. I got 3100 from my other T3 but a friend needed it more than I did.

Four each at six different OAL. I expect to find accuracy in there somewhere.

P

Last Edited:
I'm thinking it is more likely that the guy blew up his rifle by leaving a laser boresite in the barrel.

Happens way more than you would think.
It's possible, but I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

A barrel obstruction will usually "banana peel" or split the barrel. For there to be an entire chunk of receiver blown off, that would likely indicate severe overpressure in the chamber. A squib stuck in the throat could cause this, but a barrel obstruction near the muzzle would be unlikely to split a receiver like that.

Just my novice opinion, of course.

Either way, blowing up a rifle makes for a very bad day.

As a side note, reloads are usually the culprit, but not always. I managed to blow up an FAL with some bad surplus ammo about a decade ago.

It's possible, but I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

A barrel obstruction will usually "banana peel" or split the barrel. For there to be an entire chunk of receiver blown off, that would likely indicate severe overpressure in the chamber. A squib stuck in the throat could cause this, but a barrel obstruction near the muzzle would be unlikely to split a receiver like that.

Just my novice opinion, of course.

Either way, blowing up a rifle makes for a very bad day.

As a side note, reloads are usually the culprit, but not always. I managed to blow up an FAL with some bad surplus ammo about a decade ago.
Good points.

Either way, bad day for the owner.

I hit the range yesterday to confirm the 160 AB. First two were touching, low and right. I overshot a bit when I made adjustments on my previous outing. Up three, left 2, third shot cut the bull.

It was 94 degrees so I wasn't interested in a hot barrel. I'll try again when it cools down.

P

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top