JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I actually had the exact same issue with my Walther ppq 9mm (that gun has a lot of muzzle flip).. I tried adjusting my grip but I just couldn't be accurate with any grip other than the one that would cause the gun to rub on my thumb knuckle.
I just had to man up and ignore the discomfort, after a couple weeks I developed a callus and now it doesnt bother me.
Since you don't seem to mind the idea of one more callus or scar, my advice is to just keep doing what you're doing, eventually your hands will conform to the gun.

It's a nasty looking little blister. I think I would do the above but give it a bit of time to heal before going back out - an infection will make it that much worse.

A bandaid (I prefer mole skin but the blister has to have healed for that) like someone posted already will give you some padding until it is healed.

Not sure how I would feel about gloves personally.

It's a nasty looking little blister. I think I would do the above but give it a bit of time to heal before going back out - an infection will make it that much worse.
That's true- I'd wait a little bit too... My blister popped during a range session and it was kind of gross- blood and blister goo all over the grip of my pistol.
At least I know that I can still hold my gun relatively securely when it gets covered with smegma.

I have heard of some man hand creams that are supposed to help, but I have never needed them! I know a bunch of guys in my Squad would use Coconut Oil/cream on there girly hands! Personally I hate shooting with gloves so you might look into the creams!

I have heard of some man hand creams that are supposed to help, but I have never needed them! I know a bunch of guys in my Squad would use Coconut Oil/cream on there girly hands! Personally I hate shooting with gloves so you might look into the creams!

I use coconut oil every day on my tattoos so my hands get it as well. You can still build up calluses though, for instance to play the guitar.

Rub some hopps9 on it , I'm good to go lol
Ow ow ow. I know it's a joke but my dear unca Bob came to mind. He half specialized in abusing his hands in various solvents and they would crack like Oklahoma pavement.
Dumb bugger. He always said that lanolin based salves were key to fixing up his dumb. These days, I'm sure fancy waxes and whatnot are added to lanolin.

I don't know about that that's to much lol. Never wore gloves even for work.

Never had my XDs do that to me... But then again, mine is all black, so perhaps that's a contributing factor :D

Seriously, if it continues to be an issue, get yourself a nice quality leather golf glove. Protects the hands while not sacrificing tactile feel or mobility.

I always wear them when shooting trap and occasionally on my pistol shooting hand when pistol shooting. Seems to help the grip a bit...
I have used golf gloves to shoot in the winter and have not lost a lot of accuracy. One thing to watch for if you're not a golfer - most of the gloves on the rack are going to be left handed since they're the most popular. It's not a Michael Jackson thing - the left hand leads in a right-handed golf swing, and is sort of the anchor of your grip. Most of us don't use a right hand glove unless it's raining.

Not to bad bleed a little ran about 250 rounds till the wind started to blow. Gunna buy the cheap ammo so I wouldn't waste a good 10 mins finding brass . I know one thing I can't shoot for bubblegum with my glasses lol.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top