JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg Hello just broke in my xds 9mm after a few rounds I started to notice/feel this idk if I'm holding it to high incorrectly or the fact I have stubby fingers.

It isn't slide bite.

By the looks of all the pics, my guess is it is the friction from the polymer lower.

May not be the gun for you or you may end up with a callus there if you love the gun and shoot it a lot.

Is it possible your grip isn't right enough or maybe the gun is so light it is jumping on every shot.

It isn't slide bite.

By the looks of all the pics, my guess is it is the friction from the polymer lower.

May not be the gun for you or you may end up with a callus there if you love the gun and shoot it a lot.

Is it possible your grip isn't right enough or maybe the gun is so light it is jumping on every shot.

Could I fill it down a little it , or it could be breaking in process lol I like the gun feels more comfortable than the 45 which I haven't gotten around in breaking her in.

Could I fill it down a little it , or it could be breaking in process lol I like the gun feels more comfortable than the 45 which I haven't gotten around in breaking her in.

I'm not familiar enough with that gun to know if a file will work or not. Heat might make it smoother but don't take that as advice;)

If it's doing this now, it's you that will get the breaking in and not the gun:p

Readjust your grip if possible. If you can't a grip that works, then just cover the spot with a band-aid or wear gloves. Or let it form a callus. Filing could probably work, worked for a friend who had a similar issue with his Glock so it may work. But take my word with a grain of salt in regards to filing it.

I didn't mean to be obtuse but maybe shoot/handle the gun less per outing but more per day. Some guns are an absolute b but with proper hand conditioning shouldn't be an issue.
good luck

I didn't mean to be obtuse but maybe shoot/handle the gun less per outing but more per day. Some guns are an absolute b but with proper hand conditioning shouldn't be an issue.
good luck

No worries actually it's been a good 10 years since I fired/ held a pistol. I'll just keep practicing on different grip styles see what works best for me.

No worries actually it's been a good 10 years since I fired/ held a pistol. I'll just keep practicing on different grip styles see what works best for me.
Good deal. Kinda speaking of what Joe (and I) was saying, a contributor could well be your grip. Back in olden times, one might take an inert practice gun and hold it properly and then have an opponent/buddy actually palm strike the muzzle kinda hard while facing you.
Grip that thing!

Going back out tomorrow to the range I'll post an update ,not to found of the Xds grip
Your pictures were/are very helpful and from what I (a humble simple observer) can tell, your grip seems perfectly fine, as do your hands proper.. though the grip (width of the gun) might be a bit fat for your hand.
Again, good luck and please keep us apprised.

Never had my XDs do that to me... But then again, mine is all black, so perhaps that's a contributing factor :D

Seriously, if it continues to be an issue, get yourself a nice quality leather golf glove. Protects the hands while not sacrificing tactile feel or mobility.

I always wear them when shooting trap and occasionally on my pistol shooting hand when pistol shooting. Seems to help the grip a bit...

View attachment 303410 Hello just broke in my xds 9mm after a few rounds I started to notice/feel this idk if I'm holding it to high incorrectly or the fact I have stubby fingers.
That's because it's an XDS. The slim profile and lack of ability to grip it properly makes it kick back in your hand like that.

Get used to it, that's what XDs' do.

I actually had the exact same issue with my Walther ppq 9mm (that gun has a lot of muzzle flip).. I tried adjusting my grip but I just couldn't be accurate with any grip other than the one that would cause the gun to rub on my thumb knuckle.
I just had to man up and ignore the discomfort, after a couple weeks I developed a callus and now it doesnt bother me.
Since you don't seem to mind the idea of one more callus or scar, my advice is to just keep doing what you're doing, eventually your hands will conform to the gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top