JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Friendly smile on my grill! And in my hand, concealed behind the door, my Beretta, with 18 rnds of 9mm HP justice.
I'd hate to have to use it, but I'm prepared to use it instantly.

One advantage for me is the UPS guy on our route has had that route for years! I always make it a point to be especially polite and friendly to delivery people. Get to know them a bit! :)

If they don't drive up in a FedEx or UPS truck and the box doesn't say "ORM" on it, then I know they are fake.

Seriously, if SHTF, I expect the UPS and FedEx drivers to show up at my place with all the ammo I have them deliver here.:D

That is, if they can make it 30 miles out into the hills when SHTF - but they do know where my place is. Which is one reason why, when I retire, I am moving, and then I will have my deliveries go to my private mailbox at one of those mailbox services instead.

If they don't drive up in a FedEx or UPS truck and the box doesn't say "ORM" on it, then I know they are fake.

Seriously, if SHTF, I expect the UPS and FedEx drivers to show up at my place with all the ammo I have them deliver here.:D

That is, if they can make it 30 miles out into the hills when SHTF - but they do know where my place is. Which is one reason why, when I retire, I am moving, and then I will have my deliveries go to my private mailbox at one of those mailbox services instead.
I salute you, grey man.

Amazon is using their own drivers now for some of their deliveries in Portland. They have a badge but otherwise are out of uniform. They show up at weird times like 10:00pm at night. I'd rather they start delivering packages by drone than a random person in their own car after dark.

Amazon is using their own drivers now for some of their deliveries in Portland. They have a badge but otherwise are out of uniform. They show up at weird times like 10:00pm at night. I'd rather they start delivering packages by drone than a random person in their own car after dark.
Really, undercover delivery guys? What could possibly go wrong with that?

All my stuff comes by UPS, USPS or FedEx. Amazon is not going to deliver out this far. I see their convoys in the industrial district from time to time when I get to work - they drive out of their depot somewhere down there. Smallish white vans (Ford Transits mostly) one after the other, with the Amazon logo on them. Dozens of them.

Most of my stuff comes via UPS - the brown truck drivers know all of the dogs up here. There was one really old dog that would lay in the middle of the private road until they gave him a treat to get out of the way - you don't shoo away a 120 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback no matter how old he is. :eek:

This is why my lawn is an artificial turf "welcome" mat that extends under my front door by a few inches. If my peephole shows a harelip of any kind, I'll make them get off my lawn with a quick pull of the rug!

Just kidding, didn't click.

amazon had a contract with USPS to use their trucks on Sundays so you can see the mail truck show up at other times but have a plain clothed person walking to your door.
There's a reason I have cameras all over.

Regardless of who delivers my packages, they almost always just leave it on the porches or in my mailbox. Sometimes they will rap on the door, leave the package and walk away, but most just leave the package.

I wonder if they are just afraid of the weird recluse on the mountain in the middle of nowhere who is always having ammo delivered?? :D

All UPS guys are thugs: they're always blocking the street.
To be fair: FedEx has more aggressive drivers.
a fedex driver got me fired from one of my jobs. (ultimately,it was my fault as a young naive 18yr old kid) he came in to the business and told me that fedex gets a discount.i told him "sir, our system doesnt verify that fedex gets any discount, we are a wholesaler and if you can find what you need cheaper locally, i will ask my boss when hes back from vacation if we can price match" he said "before you worked here, i have been getting "the fedex discount" and im going to put a bad word in with your boss when he gets back" i tried to call my boss but he was out of state and out of cell reception.

with the boss on vacation, i gave him a discount and a week later i was fired for theft of services. i paid my boss cash the difference in price on the spot. said i was sorry and explained what happened. no legal action was taken against me but, i had just bought a car, had all my bills to pay. i was denied unemployment and had to go bail hay the rest of the summer to get by and pay the bills.

lesson learned.

i believe everything happens for a reason. if that scum bag didnt do what he did;i beleive i wouldnt be in the position i am today.at 28, i have a wife(even better, a hot nurse;)), a son, a house, lots of guns(pre dogsledding accident;);)) 3 cars(2 of which are paid off)a good amount in my 401k and we make a very comfortable living.

Regardless of who delivers my packages, they almost always just leave it on the porches or in my mailbox. Sometimes they will rap on the door, leave the package and walk away, but most just leave the package.

I wonder if they are just afraid of the weird recluse on the mountain in the middle of nowhere who is always having ammo delivered?? :D
That's the usual routine where I live, too. They hardly slow down when they leave the package. It would be surprising if they wanted to have me open the door. But we live a ways out of town, so you could be right about them being cautious.

Any delivery folks reading this? Are you extra careful when making deliveries in outlying areas?

Typically, the driver (all carriers) just puts the package at the door, and then immediately walks back to the truck. Haven't needed to interact with a driver in years. If any of them ever stayed at the door, I'd suspect funny business. I have them on camera, and I'd have the USP handy.

My work uses FedEx for everything so I know the driver fairly well since he brings me a lot of overnight stuff from work and I'm usually waiting on him so i can get off to my customers.
UPS brings my ammo since FedEx won't ship it as far as I know.
Amazon will use whoever is willing and able to meet their 2 day prime requirements.

I was at my buddies house on Sunday and a UHAUL sprinter type truck pulls into his driveway and backs up to his house. We both, hand on our CW, start walking towards him fairly aggressively but cautiously.

Guy gets out in a FedEx uniform and says "Hey, guys."

Buddy says, "Um, can I help you?"

The guy throws open the side door and it's full of boxes.

He was making a delivery.

When asked about the UHAUL truck, he says that this time of year is super busy and they lease extra vehicles to try and keep up with deliveries.

He hands my friend a box. About that time my buddies wife comes running out of the house yelling "DON'T LOOK AT THAT AND DON'T SHAKE IT!!!"

Come to find out it was a Christmas present for him.

I grabbed my phone and called another buddy of mine who works for UPS. I asked him about the rental, etc. He confirmed that at this time of year they do lease vehicles to try and keep up with deliveries.

Maybe the best thing to do is not answer the door and just let them leave the package and go away. If they stand around not leaving, grab "ol' betsy" and the phone and call 911.

After Dakota by an hour would not send a message of alarm to me but I live in the sticks. My dogs won't let them into the yard to get to the door anyways, they just leave my package by the gate......:cool:

When I lived in Everett, they would often knock on our doors, but that was because I lived in a duplex and there wasn't a label differentiating between the two units. My neighbor always had the deliveries (he has a sunglass fetish), I always had mine delivered to my PO box.

Also, that was in the city, so I suspect that they are more reluctant to just leave the package somewhere. Out in the boonies they will leave it just about anywhere as it is less likely to be seen and stolen, especially on a private road. Previous owners not only left the shop unlocked, they left the doors partially open. Very little opportunistic crime out here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top