JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol just what they want us all to go back to the stone age HEHEE just wait till some kid grabs a rock and hits the teachers with it

Growing up I can remember going through many earthquake and fire drills at school... Perhaps, with the current state of affairs in our country, they may want to look into some sort of self preservation drills for when Tommy turns the AR-15 on his classmates.

Oh wait, according to the puppets, that would just be normalizing the threat of violence in schools. When will they wake up and realize that the threat of violence is always around us. It is up to us to survive ans fight against the evil that would be our undoing.

While as Andy points out, a rock is better than nothing and it is not the best solution. Unless the killer's aim is terrible, you could be dead before you get to the bucket of rocks. So it might as well be a bucket of guns instead. Flawless logic.

I think what I find interesting about this, is that apparently, it IS socially acceptable to arm teachers, but not socially acceptable to effectively arm teachers. We don't apply that standard in any other context where security is important.

Someone, somewhere, finally understands the adage:

Sticks & STONES may break my bones...

At least the youn's aren't huddled under the tables or in closets but defending themselves!

Airline industry. $8 billion in ticket sales per year, TSA budget $7.5 billion per year, chance of dying in an airplane from any reason, 1:11 million

Cost of security at courthouses per year, $565 million

School budget $680 billion, chance of getting killed at public school per year (2009 data) 1:2.9 million. Federal spending on school guards: zero? (cant find any statistic on that)
Fwiw, I went to a public high school in Baltimore City, MD during the mid-late 90s...we had armed school police, that are actually trained BCPD. We were mandated to carry see-through backpacks and were also required to walk through a metal detector and wanded if we set it off, when entering school. They also kept the doors chained during school hours, except for the main entrance, which was usually guarded by an administrator and an officer.

Rooms should have more than one exit.

This one I never understood. With all the egress laws in place in our country, you would think at least to make the windows accessible for escape.

My grade school, middle school, and high school all had fixed pain windows. I think some of the cracked to let in air, but none that I can remember actually opened fully. All of these schools were single level layout. If I recall right the high school had wire reinforced panel windows that did not open at all. What's worse is the high school has since installed "security fence" around the entire school. When it was installed I thought it looked more like a prison afterwards. Which is about right, as it only serves to keep the children within the grounds, instead of what it was meant for, which is to control the entry points. So they guard the two entrance points only, because an active shooter will certainly choose to use those entrances. Then the kids are pretty much sitting ducks if anything happened.

It really is pretty crazy sometimes, when you think about the lack of thought put into some of these decisions.

We need principles and leaders like Morgan Freeman in Lean on me.
Lock the doors to keep kids in class and evil out.
v1.jpg
Screw the fire Marshall, everyone has walkie talkies and knows what the "code red" means.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top