JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The shooter needs to never make it onto a school campus. Look at all the court houses, capitals and corporate buildings, aren't our children (the future) worth it?:mad:
Do the right thing!!! But oh that will cost billions to do.... we cant afford it when we have all this welfare baggage to pay for....:rolleyes:

The shooter needs to never make it onto a school campus. Look at all the court houses, capitals and corporate buildings, aren't our children (the future) worth it?:mad:
Do the right thing!!! But oh that will cost billions to do.... we cant afford it when we have all this welfare baggage to pay for....:rolleyes:

Airline industry. $8 billion in ticket sales per year, TSA budget $7.5 billion per year, chance of dying in an airplane from any reason, 1:11 million

Cost of security at courthouses per year, $565 million

School budget $680 billion, chance of getting killed at public school per year (2009 data) 1:2.9 million. Federal spending on school guards: zero? (cant find any statistic on that)

Without going into detail...
I have issues with my school's LockDown plan...that said ...
A bucket of rocks , sure beats nothing to use as a weapon...is the best idea?...nope...But again it beats nothing.

Anything is better , than cower in place and hope the shooter leaves....will a bucket of rocks keep the shooter at bay or drive him away...I don't know...but it may give someone a chance to live.

Is it a real solution? ...Again No...just saying that at least that school has given some thought to the lets think outside the cower in place and wait to get shot , school of thought.

A school plan needs to be :
Flexible , 'cause the shooter ain't going to play by your rules or plan...
Allow for teachers and staff to be armed if they are willing...
Controlled , secure entrances and exits...
Classrooms need a way of locking and blocking the door...
Rooms should have more than one exit...

I could go on...but no one has ever asked me , as a teacher just what I want in a secure school.
I find it strange that folks who do not work or teach at a school want to tell me how to secure my school...
Andy

Security in schools is "NOT" a plan for Progressives...

Using school kids are for getting guns taken away from everyone...

The President just signed a 1.3 Trillion dollar OMNIBUS today with a Congressional pay raise of 12.4 Billion or million, zero money for a border wall, zero money for Illegals, but money for major boondogles...:mad::mad::mad:

"If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance to any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full of students armed with rocks and they will be stoned," - like I was when I thought of the idea

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews