JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL. Only as long as each kid is allowed to bring a Wrist Rocket to school. I was very accurate with one and had some amazing shots as a kid.

Needs Rocks?
IMG_1074.JPG

Without going into detail...
I have issues with my school's LockDown plan...that said ...
A bucket of rocks , sure beats nothing to use as a weapon...is the best idea?...nope...But again it beats nothing.

Anything is better , than cower in place and hope the shooter leaves....will a bucket of rocks keep the shooter at bay or drive him away...I don't know...but it may give someone a chance to live.

Is it a real solution? ...Again No...just saying that at least that school has given some thought to the lets think outside the cower in place and wait to get shot , school of thought.

A school plan needs to be :
Flexible , 'cause the shooter ain't going to play by your rules or plan...
Allow for teachers and staff to be armed if they are willing...
Controlled , secure entrances and exits...
Classrooms need a way of locking and blocking the door...
Rooms should have more than one exit...

I could go on...but no one has ever asked me , as a teacher just what I want in a secure school.
I find it strange that folks who do not work or teach at a school want to tell me how to secure my school...
Andy
Andy's suggestions are all doable for not a lot of money... I would add armed security with some training in building security, and hardening the soft target most schools are today, entrance/exit security and officer(s) on foot patrol in the building..... many older, multi story schools may need re-designed/replaced but newer single-story buildings should be good to go.

While not the optimum solution, it is better than nothing. And depending on the rock size and shape, it can do some damage, but you have to either be an accurate thrower or be d**n lucky.

elsie

While not the optimum solution, it is better than nothing. And depending on the rock size and shape, it can do some damage, but you have to either be an accurate thrower or be d**n lucky.

elsie

Back in the day any classroom would have wanted me to be there to be chunkin rocks like I throwed a baseball. I was deadly accurate.:cool:

Pretty sure if the shooter was stoned to begin with they would be getting stoned by the student...

Seriously, why did stoning work as a punishment when it was done? Well, normally the person was kept stationary! That's different from a guy who is trying to fvcking shoot you.

That is a waste of canned food. Think of all the people who could actually be eating that. I'm not one to think charity like that, but come on. :s0002:

Plus at the end of the day, its still a waste of good food! :mad:

Pull our troops out of foreign countries and give them school yard overwatch duties.
Notice how its not about actual real world protection... Like walling schools in, like in most other countries. Its just "gun control" (Anti gun laws) and insanity like rocks against bullets. And please don't use that insane amount of money the politicians use for budgets to fortify and secure the nations schools, that would make sense and be to simple. :mad:

Buckets of rocks are Pennsylvania schools' last defense against shooters

HARRISBURG, Pa. (Reuters) - A rural Pennsylvania school district has equipped all 200 of its classrooms with buckets of rocks that students and teachers could use as a "last line of defense" in the event of a school shooting, the district's superintendent said on Friday.

The buckets are just one of the measures that Blue Mountain School District in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania, has put in place this academic year, along with security cameras, secured building entrances and fortified classroom doors, Superintendent David Helsel said in a telephone interview.

"We didn't want our students to be helpless victims," Helsel said. "River stones were my idea. I thought they would be more effective than throwing books or book bags or staplers."

Without going into detail...
I have issues with my school's LockDown plan...that said ...
A bucket of rocks , sure beats nothing to use as a weapon...is the best idea?...nope...But again it beats nothing.

Anything is better , than cower in place and hope the shooter leaves....will a bucket of rocks keep the shooter at bay or drive him away...I don't know...but it may give someone a chance to live.

Is it a real solution? ...Again No...just saying that at least that school has given some thought to the lets think outside the cower in place and wait to get shot , school of thought.

A school plan needs to be :
Flexible , 'cause the shooter ain't going to play by your rules or plan...
Allow for teachers and staff to be armed if they are willing...
Controlled , secure entrances and exits...
Classrooms need a way of locking and blocking the door...
Rooms should have more than one exit...

I could go on...but no one has ever asked me , as a teacher just what I want in a secure school.
I find it strange that folks who do not work or teach at a school want to tell me how to secure my school...
Andy

The corporate world is the same.

I could cut my company's overhead by 1/4-1/2 but they never actually ask the people implementing what looks good on paper:confused:

The shooter needs to never make it onto a school campus. Look at all the court houses, capitals and corporate buildings, aren't our children (the future) worth it?:mad:
Do the right thing!!! But oh that will cost billions to do.... we cant afford it when we have all this welfare baggage to pay for....:rolleyes:

Don't forget, we have to support the Palestinian terrorists. Oh, and Planned Parenthood.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top