JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The poor union folks that bellyache to the point of going out of biz example hostess, Price Gouged themselves out of a job
to the union cry baby if you don't like Wal~Marts Biz model don't shop there .
this is just my opinion

if you don't need it leave it on the shelf. If inventory doesn't get turned over the price will have to come down. No business can afford to keep everything on the shelf. We just don't have any self control. The problem with that is, as soon as the prices come down, everything gets bought up and the prices go back up. I pay to play. I just can't afford to play as often. Is what it is.

For those of you who are fans of WalMart's business model, please realize that part of their profit structure is the government subsidizing their low wages through food stamps with your tax money.

Seriously.....if you dont pay attention to politics & VOTE ....you have nothing to complain about.....or no rights to complain..you didnt participate....... period!!!

those of us not whining, paid attention, we were told this would happen and we prepared, because we were told of the impending changes coming

if you dont like capitalism go to a communist country of your choice....see how you like it there and if you can even complain

When I see someone on this forum trying to sell his rare Pmags for $50 new in the wrap when Aimsurplus.com has them for $15.00 each with a 10/mag limit, it's pretty clear to me who the doucher is. Granted the mags sell out at Aim in a few hours, but the keep coming back at the SAME FREAKING ORIGINAL PRICE, therefore, Aim will always have my business and the documented List of Gougers here on this forum will never see a dime from me ever.

When I see someone on this forum trying to sell his rare Pmags for $50 new in the wrap when Aimsurplus.com has them for $15.00 each with a 10/mag limit, it's pretty clear to me who the doucher is. Granted the mags sell out at Aim in a few hours, but the keep coming back at the SAME FREAKING ORIGINAL PRICE, therefore, Aim will always have my business and the documented List of Gougers here on this forum will never see a dime from me ever.

Is the forum member on here trying to gouge you.....or? Maybe they paid $50 dollars for that Pmag they're trying to sell. Heck, maybe they paid even more than that for it. I went into Wally World on Monday and bought a few boxes of Winchester white box .45acp. Two days later on Wednesday I went into Bi-Mart and they had the exact same boxes of Winchester white box for $12 dollars more. Was Bi-Mart trying to gouge me because their price was $12 dollars more per box than Wally World? I don't think so....

I think people get all butt hurt because they think they know what these gougers paid for a specific item. Me? I could care less what they paid for it; I know what I'm willing to pay for an item and what I'm not willing to pay for an item. If I'm not willing to pay their price, I move along and take my business somewhere else.

Besides, I find it quite entertaining and usually have a good laugh at some of the ridiculous prices I've seen here in the classifieds.

Is the forum member on here trying to gouge you.....or? Maybe they paid $50 dollars for that Pmag they're trying to sell. Heck, maybe they paid even more than that for it. I went into Wally World on Monday and bought a few boxes of Winchester white box .45acp. Two days later on Wednesday I went into Bi-Mart and they had the exact same boxes of Winchester white box for $12 dollars more. Was Bi-Mart trying to gouge me because their price was $12 dollars more per box than Wally World? I don't think so....

I think people get all butt hurt because they think they know what these gougers paid for a specific item. Me? I could care less what they paid for it; I know what I'm willing to pay for an item and what I'm not willing to pay for an item. If I'm not willing to pay their price, I move along and take my business somewhere else.

Besides, I find it quite entertaining and usually have a good laugh at some of the ridiculous prices I've seen here in the classifieds.

I hear what you are saying. No one is trying to gouge me, however...being sort of a protective soul, I find it insulting that those selling at inflated prices here apparently assume the audience is retarded in some fashion relative to firearms and accessories.

MAK90s (selling for a friend...lol) for $1500/each....nigga puleeze ;)

I hear what you are saying. No one is trying to gouge me, however...being sort of a protective soul, I find it insulting that those selling at inflated prices here apparently assume the audience is retarded in some fashion relative to firearms and accessories.

MAK90s (selling for a friend...lol) for $1500/each....nigga puleeze ;)

And those sellers who are selling at an inflated price or even fair prices are correct in assuming that there are people here who have little to no information about some firearms or accessories. Take your MAK90 for $1500 that you mentioned. I'm going to assume that $1500 is an inflated price. Honestly, I don't know what a MAK90 is. My best guess would be that its some type of rifle that's an AK variant? I've never had the desire to own one or use one. But if I ever did get that bug, you better believe that I'm going to do everything I can to research MAK90's to learn everything about them; including what's a good price and what isn't.

There's nothing wrong with being a protective soul, but you don't have to be insulted because someone might try to use my lack of knowledge about MAK90's to sell me one at a high price. I promise you that no one cares more about my money than I do. :s0114:

For those of you who are fans of WalMart's business model, please realize that part of their profit structure is the government subsidizing their low wages through food stamps with your tax money.

I highly doubt they sat around at a board meeting and mentioned anything about food stamps. I'm sure they pay the lowest wages they need to get the results they desire like any business owner should have a right to do. If people don't want part time jobs they should not take part time jobs.

The government bureaucrats decide who they want to give food stamps to, not any business.

Do you also think you should control fast food wages or just Wal-Mart? Are small independent stores exempt from your control or should all businesses take into account what you think the wage should be?

If I charge what is currently a fair and average market value for a gun or a box of ammo, that is nothing more than capitalism and the law of supply and demand. Nothing wrong with that.

If, on the other hand, I am camping on the edge of a desert and a man comes crawling up to me who is dying of thirst and I charge him $25 for a bottle of water that I paid .50 for because I know he will die without it...that is gouging.

In one case I am simply charging fair market value. In the other, I am taking advantage of another persons misfortune to extort extra money out of them when I know they have no other choice but to pay my price. There is a clear moral distinction between the two situations.

That would be awesome, except that adjusting prices as the market changes is not wrong in principle.

I agree with that statement, i think nwbobber hit the nail on the head in post #4 of this thread. Im not gonna sit here and beat a dead horse just thought i would remind y'all what this thread was about.

Your friend is selling a colt ar15 for 300 because he needs cash right now. yes he can get more for it but he needs the money
today. Are you going to give him 1000 for it because that is what it is worth or 300 because that is what he wants?

A gun shop owner is out of 22 ammo so he goes to bi-mart and buys all they have at 25 a box and selling for 50 at his shop. You are going out shooting with the family and cant find any 22 at any store in town but his. you know bi-mart had it for 25 a box but the gun shop is the only place that has any in stock. do you buy it?

Is one ok but the other is not. At the end of the day I have to live with myself. I have paid more for guns then asking price because I need to feel good about the things I do. You may say I am a fool but I am happy at the end of the day and that is just how I am and I may or may not buy the 22 ammo to go shoot with family, but at the end of the day be happy with what you do.
Each person will look at it diffrent.

This subject will be kicked to death for awhile.

Couple of different scenarios;

In my area, a major sporting goods chain would get high demand ammo in stock, i.e., .22lr and .223. A local high profile gun store would come in daily and buy up everything they had. In the beginning, stores were not setting limits on how many boxes an individual could buy. They would take it back to their store and mark it up 3 times the price. Since I live in a remote area, it would make them the only game in town.

The day before Sandy Hook, this same Gun Store was selling Bushmasters for $799., the day after, $1,299. and they had the guts to tell people that the cost was higher from the distributor, so they had to raise theirs. Now it get's better...I was there and I heard the salesman repeated close..."You better get it now because we may never be able to get another one ever again". They sparked and fed on the fear of our local citizens to pack the register.

This is not free market forces at work, this is insider trading and price manipulation.

Even though Magpul Magazines were in short supply, they did not raise their prices a penny to their distributors. NOT A PENNY!

This subject will be kicked to death for awhile.

Couple of different scenarios;

In my area, a major sporting goods chain would get high demand ammo in stock, i.e., .22lr and .223. A local high profile gun store would come in daily and buy up everything they had. In the beginning, stores were not setting limits on how many boxes an individual could buy. They would take it back to their store and mark it up 3 times the price. Since I live in a remote area, it would make them the only game in town.

The day before Sandy Hook, this same Gun Store was selling Bushmasters for $799., the day after, $1,299. and they had the guts to tell people that the cost was higher from the distributor, so they had to raise theirs. Now it get's better...I was there and I heard the salesman repeated close..."You better get it now because we may never be able to get another one ever again". They sparked and fed on the fear of our local citizens to pack the register.

This is not free market forces at work, this is insider trading and price manipulation.

Even though Magpul Magazines were in short supply, they did not raise their prices a penny to their distributors. NOT A PENNY!

Didn't you have the same opportunity to get to the major sporting good store and buy that high demand ammo the same as the local gun shop did?

Ok here's a couple, Hathaways store in Tillamook, he sucks. The store just north of him (I honestly forget the name) him too. People here on this site who are still trying to get $1500 for a POS bottom end AR, with 250 views, 3 posts total since joining and no responses. LMAO. Yep no need to thread crap on em, they crapped on themselves. Yes you can call it supply and demand, the demand is by those that got caught with their eyes and ears closed, and the supply is from those that know it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top