JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so... has anyone in all these posts mentioned a gouger yet? I keep hearing all the talk about these villains but nobody will man up and call a spade a spade. personally, what limited shops we have in Vancouver I haven't seen anyone taking advantage of the situation. Brightwater's prices haven't changed, I've purchased 4 guns from them in the past month alone. L&L has never been the lowest price around but I haven't noticed an increase from them. Wholesale Sports gun prices went up slightly but I believe that to be because Sportsman's Warehouse bought them back and they've always had the higher price between the two. Discount Guns are complete rapists but they've been that all along and it has nothing to do with the recent political bills getting introduced.

I know Fisherman's is charging $10 more for a box of 525 .22lr than they were in December, but I don't know if their supply cost went up or not. Just know they were 19.99 and now they are 29.99 when they have it.

What I can't figure out is how places like Northwest Armory and Keith's still have such a great inventory of pistols when so many others are having trouble getting anything in. They either had a huge inventory to start or have a VERY good source. Did notice Northwest Armory's price for 7.62x39 was $10 for a box of 20 for all brands, seems excessive, but again I don't know if their cost went up or not. Will say all their pistol prices seem to be in line with what they were before. That says a lot to me. They could easily mark them up since nobody else has them.

Nobody has taken advantage of my for one cent of my money, because I have chosen not to buy into the hype.

I think it's more funny watching the idiots who had to have a gun a few months ago at any price trying to sell said gun at what they paid.

Northwest Armory's price for 7.62x39 was $10 for a box of 20 for all brands, seems excessive, but again I don't know if their cost went up or not. Will say all their pistol prices seem to be in line with what they were before. That says a lot to me. They could easily mark them up since nobody else has them.

You must not have looked at the Glocks in 9mm that were a couple hundred more than in .40. They have so much selection because they have pretty high prices on high demand items. They do have a lot of stuff though so if you don't mind paying more than other places it's probably not a bad place to shop.

What I can't figure out is how places like Northwest Armory and Keith's still have such a great inventory of pistols when so many others are having trouble getting anything in. They either had a huge inventory to start or have a VERY good source.

I've never been into Northwest Armory but Keith's was sitting on over 6,000 guns before the hype.

<broken link removed> Can you direct me to your so called facts this is such bullshirt and your making up crap as you go ,But I'll bet truth be told you shop there and buy all your ammo there and bellyache about others so as to make yourself feel better.

Didn't you have the same opportunity to get to the major sporting good store and buy that high demand ammo the same as the local gun shop did?

I did forget to mention that there was a bit of a relationship between some of the store personnel and the gun store. Something like the story that came out awile back about a Walmart Manager who was able to get first pick on ammunition deliveried to his store. They never mentioned if he was fired.

What I can't figure out is how places like Northwest Armory and Keith's still have such a great inventory of pistols when so many others are having trouble getting anything in.

Allocation.

When the system (manufacturer --> distributor --> dealer) gets dried up, and there is no back stock, everyone replenishes at the speed of production. During this time, dealers are hammering distributors with orders for inventory*. The guys who move the most product get a certain degree of prioritization. Keiths and NWA are two of, if not THE, biggest dealers in the Portland market. Odds are very good that they are using the same distributors as other guys, but they are getting more diverted their way than other groups.

I am sure I paid more than I should have for ammo, parts, etc. Heck, I am still waiting for 2 Tapco 20rd SKS mags I ordered in Early Feb. A few days later the SKSman said he would ship them in a few days. WELLLL, they still haven't answered a half dozen e-mails nor given me a tracking number nor a refund. Its a sad and crazy sign of the times. But, I will have the distinction of the longest AR build on record, partly because of finance and partly because of this shortage. Once in 10 trips to Wally world about every 7-10 days over the last few months I found 223 or 5.56 available. And NO .22lr, 2x I have seen .380 FMJ and .45 ACP in those trips. Unfortunately it looks like the reality for the forseeable future.

Brutus Out.

I highly doubt they sat around at a board meeting and mentioned anything about food stamps. I'm sure they pay the lowest wages they need to get the results they desire like any business owner should have a right to do. If people don't want part time jobs they should not take part time jobs.

The government bureaucrats decide who they want to give food stamps to, not any business.

Do you also think you should control fast food wages or just Wal-Mart? Are small independent stores exempt from your control or should all businesses take into account what you think the wage should be?

Do you really think that nobody in WalMart management can do math? I'm positive they are quite aware of exactly how little they can pay taking into account that their employees can get government assistance. It's not like most WalMart employees can just walk out and get a job somewhere else either.

You must not have looked at the Glocks in 9mm that were a couple hundred more than in .40. They have so much selection because they have pretty high prices on high demand items. They do have a lot of stuff though so if you don't mind paying more than other places it's probably not a bad place to shop.

No offense, but I don't pay much attention to Glock prices so I wouldn't know if they were high. I was looking at the XDm's and they seemed to be priced about right.

My pet peeve are online places that listed product, price, and even shipping cost but don't tell you the product is not in stock until you purchase it. Then you get the crap email that says something like "Oops, it looks like that one is out of stock, but will let you know when it comes it; your back order number is blah blah blah.

Optics Planet just did that to me on a Kel-tec add-on rail part.

IS this price gouging? Philomath Guns. Same crappy old ak - hi cap. banana mag that was on their wall before the craze was over priced. During the craze, same 1 in stock, price went up to $180? He must have taken out a high percentage loan on that bad boy. That told me I do not need to shop there.

NW Armory's ammo prices couldn't have gone up to the point of needing to charge $10 for box of 7.62x39mm. I just picked up a case for $250 the other day, so I can't image they pay more than a private citizen for their ammo.

For those of you who are fans of WalMart's business model, please realize that part of their profit structure is the government subsidizing their low wages through food stamps with your tax money.

And medical coverage too.

Privatize the profits, publicize the costs.

There cannot be a better model.

You must be against the "free" market.

I have a friend that's a union concrete and brick mason.
He would tell me bout big pours and what not. And two or three times a year, he would tell me bout a day like this:
Shows up at 7 oclock for a warehouse pour.
At 9 oclock they are sent to another pour, apparently all the forms weren't set. Still gets paid for an 8 hour day.
So they drive cross town, forms ready but no concrete. They make sure and hang out for two hours. Gets to count another 8 hours. Off again to another part of town. Had to stop for lunch of course, they've worked so hard at this point. So a little after 2 o'clock the get to another site. Haul out their bubblegum and start placing forms. 4 o'clock rolls round and its quitting time. They count 4 hours for the last site for some reason. So they worked almost 2 hours and wrote down 20 for the day. He actually thought the extra 12 hours should have been overtime.
Believe or not he says he'll always be a union man.
This is first hand from a close friend. No embellishment, he told me these things happen all the time and is proud of it.
Just my two shekles.
And in my opinion on the whole gouging thing you get what you pay for and if you have to pay more for what you want so be it, I have seen bricks of 22 for over a hundred lately. Yes that is full retard right there. And I saw someone bought one. I hope to never get low enough to pay that much. But I guess we'll see what's to come.
On that subject, I'm seeing lots of 223 on the shelves again. Maybe 9mm and 12 will be next.

I have a friend that's a union concrete and brick mason.
He would tell me bout big pours and what not. And two or three times a year, he would tell me bout a day like this:
Shows up at 7 oclock for a warehouse pour.
At 9 oclock they are sent to another pour, apparently all the forms weren't set. Still gets paid for an 8 hour day.
So they drive cross town, forms ready but no concrete. They make sure and hang out for two hours. Gets to count another 8 hours. Off again to another part of town. Had to stop for lunch of course, they've worked so hard at this point. So a little after 2 o'clock the get to another site. Haul out their bubblegum and start placing forms. 4 o'clock rolls round and its quitting time. They count 4 hours for the last site for some reason. So they worked almost 2 hours and wrote down 20 for the day. He actually thought the extra 12 hours should have been overtime.
Believe or not he says he'll always be a union man.
This is first hand from a close friend. No embellishment, he told me these things happen all the time and is proud of it.
Just my two shekles.
And in my opinion on the whole gouging thing you get what you pay for and if you have to pay more for what you want so be it, I have seen bricks of 22 for over a hundred lately. Yes that is full retard right there. And I saw someone bought one. I hope to never get low enough to pay that much. But I guess we'll see what's to come.
On that subject, I'm seeing lots of 223 on the shelves again. Maybe 9mm and 12 will be next.

FAIL....Nice best friend story, but you kids screwed up the true story somewhere in your telephone tag game. They didn't write done a 20, and I don't even know this person. Do really think Union companies simply Sh#t gold out in the form of payroll checks. lol, I will ad this one to the list of Union myths...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top