JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was wondering if anyone has the bench mounted RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Tool. I currently have the on press unit and while Iike it for what it does my fingers don't as I often get my fingers caught in the press when getting careless. Tired of loosing fingernails, blood and skin lol. RCBS customer service has always been top notch as well.

Thoughts? Are they much better than the press mounted one. Quicker? Less painful? And no. I don't want to go with the drill or hand mounted reamers. I prefer to reshape than to cut.

Thanks
James.

It looks about the same as the Dillon. The reason i went with the Dillon was i liked the handle action better. I thought up and down might be easier than the sideways movement of the RCBS.

I have been looking at dillons as well. The cost difference is about 40$ which isn't much but they look almost identical and RCBS has always been great with their service. Just getting tired of this press mounted tool. It works great but slow and painful when your fingers get caught in the press.

Thanks
James

The only downfall is the rod that goes into the case that the swager pushes against can bend bend due to web thickness differences.
Not a major issue. I stop if a greater than normal resistance turns up.
I have one also it works very well. I don't find the side-motion handle to be an issue because I'm a short guy and if using seated with my short arms it works well. I guess if you were using it standing the up/down action of the Dillon might be a plus. And like ditchtiger said if you change case brands you might have to adjust the swedge rod. Measure twice wreck once;).

I bought mine at Brownells back in 2015, or so it seems. I have swaged 1000's of brass cases with it. It is a good machine. There is nothing wrong with the tool. It works very fast.

I highly recommend it. It is not hard on your fingers or joints at all. Slow down a little with it to ensure you get a good quality swage. Otherwise you will be fighting with primers.

I can't remember the number but... It seems you can do 600 or so rounds per hour. If you set your station up correctly, that is very realistic. However i can only stand to do something like that for around 20 minutes max.

If you want a blue tool on your bench buy a Dillon.

Either tool will serve you well.

Lee has something new for primer pocket swaging
swagingsetup.jpg And a press to put it in...
Already discounted at Titan but not available 'til end of Jan.

:D

Last Edited:
I had one that came with a large lot of stuff. I sold it and kept my Dillon. The end result of the swage was the same but pulling the handle down on the Dillon rather than side to side on the rcbs was just more natural. RCBS stuff has always been good to me as has their customer services. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their stuff.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top