JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Give this a watch if you have 15 minutes.

My thoughts:

This honestly is frightening. I think it could be a good way to limit the federal government if done correctly.

But if it is limited to those 3 sections, then it's only good things. Then we result with power from people reclaiming from the federal government.

If it's able to run off, it will be a frightening reality that could put a bomb on our current rights and cause an uprising.

We can't even get 25 States to go on into Constitutional Carry, what makes you think we can get 34 States (2/3rds) to apply for a Constitutional Convention, much less 38 States (3/4ths) to ratify amendments to the Constitution or to the Convention of the States? :rolleyes:

It's all about who controls the convention. I wouldn't trust anyone with my rights so they should leave them alone. They won't leave them alone.
This is true. With Senate being pretty much 50/50 split, depending on how 2022 goes :rolleyes: I still do not think there's any chance of 34 States applying for a Convention of the States, much less 38, when roughly 25 States are solidly on one or other side with much vitriol towards each other.

We can't even get 25 States to go on into Constitutional Carry, what makes you think we can get 34 States (2/3rds) to apply for a Constitutional Convention, much less 38 States (3/4ths) to ratify amendments to the Constitution or to the Convention of the States? :rolleyes:
Honestly it wouldn't be difficult to get the 34, my worry would be to get 38 states to ratify changes that do not impede further on our rights for the 3/4th majority after adoption and convention.

With an impeding red wave coming 2022, I can see more people being pissed about losing their rights. So it could be an option if we can understand who controls the power, but you're right there's no way to know cause it's never happened.

It's pretty much the only way the elite can take all your rights away, a convention to rewrite our rights. While a lot of folks are not happy with the corrupt government we have, giving them a convention to change the constitution is going to really suc k.:confused:

It's pretty much the only way the elite can take all your rights away, a convention to rewrite our rights. While a lot of folks are not happy with the corrupt government we have, giving them a convention to change the constitution is going to really suc k.:confused:
I've been told, that convention of the states can be limited to what is done, but a convention in general is not limited. Need to find sources to prove. But it's never occurred so I'm not sure the true convention of the states procedure.

There's basically two ways a Convention of the States could go, and its dependent on finding 9 States to go along with 25 States to apply, plus finding the next 4 States to make 38 to ratify whatever.

That would be the biggest challenge if 25 States are solidly blue or red with such refusal to "work" together. They would unite if it means keeping their jobs and positions... so it'll basically be up to the People and I have no real faith in the People having the stones to actually go against the Feds. What happened Jan 6th 2020, and what has been going on since then with regards to the covid thing.... I don't think enough people have the stones to do whats necessary.. and I don't think enough people would be willing to actually vote people out. Easier to do nothing and complain about the same people winning over and over while not voting because the opposition isn't perfect :rolleyes:

There's basically two ways a Convention of the States could go, and its dependent on finding 9 States to go along with 25 States to apply, plus finding the next 4 States to make 38 to ratify whatever.

That would be the biggest challenge if 25 States are solidly blue or red with such refusal to "work" together. They would unite if it means keeping their jobs and positions... so it'll basically be up to the People and I have no real faith in the People having the stones to actually go against the Feds. What happened Jan 6th 2020, and what has been going on since then with regards to the covid thing.... I don't think enough people have the stones to do whats necessary.. and I don't think enough people would be willing to actually vote people out. Easier to do nothing and complain about the same people winning over and over while not voting because the opposition isn't perfect :rolleyes:
This response is realistic and pains me.

I've been told, that convention of the states can be limited to what is done, but a convention in general is not limited. Need to find sources to prove. But it's never occurred so I'm not sure the true convention of the states procedure.
I am cynical. However if folks have paid attention to what the elite have been doing and are doing its obvious they don't care about legality on their side. If they get the power they will do as they please, just as they have been.

Already been said, but there wouldn't be enough of a majority to accomplish anything constructive, and the risk of us losing more rights due to the mental retardation that is leftism is a real thing.

If they could get it? I think it could be great. Of course the BIG problem to get past is how much of the population just pays zero attention to what is going on. The reason we have this mess is people vote for it by just ignoring it. Now how bad will things have to get to wake people up? Who knows. Right now too many just live way too easy so they don't care and choose to not see what it being done to them. :(

The elite already took them. We have not had "rights" for a good while. Problem is like gun laws, too many ignore it until it finally effects them. "Rights" have LONG been what a black robe tells you they are. People get mad and jump up and down a lot but go along with it. Look what they have been able to get away with during this great hoax? People went along with all of it.

:(

The elite already took them. We have not had "rights" for a good while. Problem is like gun laws, too many ignore it until it finally effects them. "Rights" have LONG been what a black robe tells you they are. People get mad and jump up and down a lot but go along with it. Look what they have been able to get away with during this great hoax? People went along with all of it.

:(
The elite haven't taken all our rights yet. I can still carry a gun for self defense and do without breaking the law. There may be restrictions but I can still legally own guns. Of course any day they can ban that but rights don't come from government.

The elite haven't taken all our rights yet. I can still carry a gun for self defense and do without breaking the law. There may be restrictions but I can still legally own guns. Of course any day they can ban that but rights don't come from government.
Really? You can carry a gun anywhere in the US? News to me. Here I was told many places told everyone that 2A does not apply to them even though they live in the US? Silly me, must be fake news again.
This is how it works. Many just do not want to see what is happening so they say its not. Hey I guess it works. :s0092:

The rules for a Convention of the States (not the same thing as a Constitutional Convention) are spelled out in Article 5.

Article V:

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

"Because it has never successfully been invoked, the convention method of amendment is surrounded by a lengthy list of questions.1 When and how is a convention to be convened? Must the applications of the requisite number of states be identical or ask for substantially the same amendment, or merely deal with the same subject matter? Must the requisite number of petitions be contemporaneous with each other, substantially contemporaneous, or strung out over several years? Could a convention be limited to consideration of the amendment or the subject matter which it is called to consider? These are only a few of the obvious questions, and others lurk to be revealed on deeper consideration.2 This method has been close to being used several times. Only one state was lacking when the Senate finally permitted passage of an amendment providing for the direct election of senators.3 Two states were lacking in a petition drive for a constitutional limitation on income tax rates.4 The drive for an amendment to limit the Supreme Court's legislative apportionment decisions came within one state of the required number, and a proposal for a balanced budget amendment has been but two states short of the requisite number for some time.5 Arguments existed in each instance against counting all the petitions, but the political realities no doubt are that if there is an authentic national movement underlying a petitioning by two-thirds of the states there will be a response by Congress."

There is no guarantee that if said convention is ever called that it would stay with the 3 sections mentioned.

My guess is that it would scrap the whole thing and we'd end up with a new "evolvable" constitution.

This is a Pandora's box people are trying open. There is no way of knowing what will come out the other side. It needs to just be left alone, IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top