JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please share the best of what you have done or given (as well as appreciated receiving) for someone that would be the typical forum member if there were such a thing. I personally want to understand where the line is between generous and seeing true gratitude in someone's eyes.

For example, did you make arrangements for someone to provide cover while you cleaned every gun in grandpa's safe because he never remembers to keep up with that chore? Truly appreciated a few boxes of .22 LR for your birthday in 2015 when they were all under desks at the IRS? Someone gave you your first threaded barrel and now you are 100% for suppressing everything you own?

Many thanks in advance, I hope others learn from what you share as well!

I have been gifted a couple of items that really helped me out of the funk of knee surgery recovery as well as some gut issues that were keeping me from working.

One was anonomous and the other would prefer to remain anonomous so I can't thank them publicly, but I can say I was so grateful that those 2 items are very precious too me and will always be a reminder to pass it on when and as I can.

I have had the OP gift me a stock set that is beautiful and will be put on a shotgun that will become an heirloom to my kid or grandkids someday.

I have also been gifted a years subscription to this site that I use multiple times a day, pretty much every day.

So I have had to learn humility and to be thankful for my blessings as well as have been reminded that there still are truely generous and wonderful people in the world and everyone isn't a bubblegum;).

Part of getting out of the tunnel and back into the light will include finding a way to help someone else out as many times as I can.

A good family friend of mine, under 10 at the time, loved going shooting with me when I lived in Nevada. He didn't have any other chances to do so otherwise. I taught him gun safety and everything and he really enjoyed having someone teach him those things as no one in his family would likely ever have.

When I moved to Oregon that seized to happen and when him and his family came to visit we would again get out and go shooting.

The last time he was up I made arrangements to get him a 22lr rifle. One that would fit his families ability to keep secure, clean, and maintain.

Now years later I still send him ammo in hopes someone is still down there in Nevada keeping up the tradition of taking him plinking until he is old enough to do it on his own.

My brother inlaw, who never seems to get break in life really needed a scope for his rifle. I had an extra one laying around so I gave it to him and he cried. This was a year ago.

On a side note, ive been gifted some really cool things on here and have got some really good deals. The one I remember most is when @ORYGUNHolsterCompany hooked up vets with a free holster last year on veterans day. Wow, that is what I call generosity at its finest.

Also, I really appreciate what youve been doing on here too Jeremy, @LuckySG . Youve given out some really nice things on the pay it forward thread, did a raffle drawing recently for a KSG for people who bought from you, and offer up free items with purchases.

Both of you guys have bee a huge asset to this community. Thanks!

Last Edited:
My friend Doc Brown , the maker of my Hawken rifle and favorite Kentucky Rifle , gifted me his books :
Thoughts on the Kentucky Rifle in its Golden Age , by Joseph Kindig
and
The Hawken Rifle by John Baird

Both of these books came with copious notes on the rifles built by my friend.
They are both treasured and will be handed down , along with the two rifles I have , that he built.
( he built many , around 100 or so )
Andy

I give to the older gents at the range; processed brass, help with firewood, help with plumbing...I set up targets for them.

Their generocity always catches me off guard; fine-custom leather products, reloading equipment & components, .22LR ammo for our grandchildren, and the best part; volumes of firearms and reloading information.

Great thread Jeremy, I do not know you personally but I applaud your generosity along with @ORYGUNHolsterCompany and the guy who gifted me a Silver membership here (you sneaky guy). SALUTE!!!!;););)

I have been in the PIF thread at times and have posted a few things and plan to elevate my participation.

Thanks to all members of this great community who give in their own special ways whether it be gifts, experiences or knowledge.;)

My friend Doc Brown , the maker of my Hawken rifle and favorite Kentucky Rifle , gifted me his books :
Thoughts on the Kentucky Rifle in its Golden Age , by Joseph Kindig
and
The Hawken Rifle by John Baird

Both of these books came with copious notes on the rifles built by my friend.
They are both treasured and will be handed down , along with the two rifles I have , that he built.
( he built many , around 100 or so )
Andy
That is so cool! You are a lucky man.

A member gifted me a membership upgrade as well, another gave me a very cool lantern on PIF, and another several hundred dollars worth of AR 15 parts to finish my sons 18th birthday present. The members here are extremely generous, and am looking for a cool way to PIF.
Things like paying for the order behind you at the drive through are a great source of that fuzzy feeling.

I too was gifted a membership. How do you figure out who did it? I would like to thank that person.

My dad has given me several really nice pieces. I'm more than thankful and proud the be his son.

I've made several friends here, and have had the pleasure to give and receive amongst them. NWFA is a good community. We're not perfect, but we have the best members anywhere on the internet. Period.

NWFA is a good community. We're not perfect, but we have the best members anywhere on the internet. Period.

D0ECF0D5-9AA3-4CC3-AEC2-F05D753B2D36-4032-0000044429AAC61B_tmp.jpg

There are two gifts I have given that I am proud of.

The first was to my Father. I happened to stumble across a Winchester 94 which I knew he had to have. The 94 was sequentially numbered 1 digit lower than his, which was his fathers.

He technically now has two Sequentially Numbered 94s. One belonged to his Father and one his Son.

The second gift was hilariously thoughtful.

My Step-Sister teaches English as an Second Language at one of the Colleges in Seattle. She is a member of the "no guns for anyone" crowd.

So I sent her a paid yearly membership to the NRA, to her Work. Along with the subscription to American Rifleman. I have paid her subscription for the last 3 years.

That makes me smile everytime I think about it.

There are two gifts I have given that I am proud of.

The first was to my Father. I happened to stumble across a Winchester 94 which I knew he had to have. The 94 was sequentially numbered 1 digit lower than his, which was his fathers.

He technically now has two Sequentially Numbered 94s. One belonged to his Father and one his Son.

The second gift was hilariously thoughtful.

My Step-Sister teaches English as an Second Language at one of the Colleges in Seattle. She is a member of the "no guns for anyone" crowd.

So I sent her a paid yearly membership to the NRA, to her Work. Along with the subscription to American Rifleman. I have paid her subscription for the last 3 years.

That makes me smile everytime I think about it.
Thats awesome. My Dad always wanted a blued SW .44mag revolver, preferrably the Dirty Harry :cool:. Can never find one. Well at least one that I can afford. He kicks himself for not picking one up new at Montgomery Wards for $450 back in the late 80s. Its okay... Maybe one day, Dad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top