JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A while back it was on the local news here, "kids" , ie scum, were driving around using those on homes. Showed places with that aluminum siding with nice large holes made in them from those damn things. So have to guess they would do some real damage and possibly kill a dog. As tempting as this may be I hope people remember it's not the dogs fault the owner is a moron, and that if they do this there would be a really good chance they would end up in court. Could get REALLY expensive for the shooter. :eek:

As i stated i have no personal experience.
In today's world pointing a piece of arms and shooting something animate or inanimate is likely to land you in hot water or worse. Unless there is a grave threat or loss of life involved.

I do agree with you it is not the dog's fault. I actually like dogs much more than people. Some of the things posted in this thread about what is done or suggested to do to dogs is rather repugnant IMO.

As i stated i have no personal experience.
In today's world pointing a piece of arms and shooting something animate or inanimate is likely to land you in hot water or worse. Unless there is a grave threat or loss of life involved.

I do agree with you it is not the dog's fault. I actually like dogs much more than people. Some of the things posted in this thread about what is done or suggested to do to dogs is rather repugnant IMO.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.

-Mark Twain

Several years ago Boise got and maintained an unusually massive amount of snow. A friend of mine would let her 4 dogs out to do their business a couple of times a day... for 3 months.
When the snow finally melted, her yard was a sodden, poopy swamp... she called one of those services and they definitely earned their money.

You need to think in a legal manner. If you want to shoot your neighbors dog for crapping in your yards its simple just put a live chicken in the yard first.

Its perfectly legal to shoot a dog harrassing livestock at least here in Marion county. Think how upset and harrassed your delicate hen will feel if she has to endure watching some dog crap in her insect food patch.

I like dogs too.

However, someone killed one of my dogs when I was a kid, because we couldn't keep it from jumping over the fence.

I feel like some Halloween hair coloring on the dogs head, where it can't lick, would be totally humane? Let the owner know that anytime he lets his dogs loose (which is every day these days) he's gonna need to clean them up. The dogs are totally friendly, so it'd be easy and non-traumatic for the dogs.

What pisses me off more than the dog poop is the fact that we pay tax money for a do-nothing animal control.
I have presented video and pics to them and they won't do a thing unless they see it with their own eyes. Worthless tax slackers

1) Pour bacon grease on all poops. They magically dissappear. I don't care who y'are, now that's funny! Now envision the dog licking the owner's face.

2) " That's the only activity, besides drinking way too much, that l know I'm going to do while simultaneously knowing that I'll probably vomit at some point."
I am unclear as to what activity is referenced. Eating dog poop basted with bacon grease? Yeah, that would make anybody puke.

3) "If you vomit, you were probably eating too fast."
This is cosmic wisdom!

I've been known once or twice to use a shovel full of poop like a trebuchet. Don't care where it goes, just not my lawn

I've been known once or twice to use a shovel full of poop like a trebuchet. Don't care where it goes, just not my lawn
That's how I get rid of it at my house. Into the street, onto the sidewalk. Ain't my poop, I have no dogs and don't feel like responsibly disposing another dogs waste. Sorry neighbors!
I just may try the bacon grease trick!

" Pour bacon grease on all poops. They magically dissappear."
Addendum
Many moons ago a dog left a sample that aroused my scientific curiosity, as in how long would it take for it to disappear by the laws of Nature. and what would happen?*

A a veritable exodus of slugs began to converge, surrounding it so it couldn't escape. Over the next couple of days more and more came from all directions for an orgy of gastropod gluttony. After about 2 more days the pile was gone.
I thought this might be a good subject for a research grant, but that's too much trouble at this point in my life.

*Note - this was on acreage. I wasn't just ignoring lawn steamers in my yard.

" Pour bacon grease on all poops. They magically dissappear."
Addendum
Many moons ago a dog left a sample that aroused my scientific curiosity, as in how long would it take for it to disappear by the laws of Nature. and what would happen?*

A a veritable exodus of slugs began to converge, surrounding it so it couldn't escape. Over the next couple of days more and more came from all directions for an orgy of gastropod gluttony. After about 2 more days the pile was gone.
I thought this might be a good subject for a research grant, but that's too much trouble at this point in my life.

*Note - this was on acreage. I wasn't just ignoring lawn steamers in my yard.
3099960_0.jpg

"I've been known once or twice to use a shovel full of poop like a trebuchet. Don't care where it goes, just not my lawn"

Brings to mind an article I read about a squalid collection of shacks in Africa where a trip to the outhouse was too much trouble, so folks would just drop a deuce in a plastic shopping bag and hurl it into the ether at random.
Imagine standing there in your yard and a sack of raw sewage just drops out of the sky. The name of the practice was "air toilets." :D

First house I ever bought was in inner SE Portland, ( dont live there now). My sister lived two house down
North of me. She had a german shepard named Ruby. An OK dog 'cept she only let it out to do business.
It always sh!t in my front yard. I talked to her about it and she thought her dog was a saint, never do nuthin
like that. Sooooo, I took about a weeks worth of Ruby piles, collected them all in a Freddies paper sack,
snuck down one Sunday morning and placed it right on her front porch directly in front of the front door.
I sat it on fire and ran home and called her and told her to check her front porch. Ruby never laid another egg
on my front lawn. I'd heard the "BLIVET" story years earlier, and though this wasn't exactly a blivet it was and
is in my mind. 2lbs of sh!t in a 1 lb bag, that's a blivet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top