JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope - there isn't a chance.:s0054:

I've said this before, I will say it again, the following needs to happen first:

1) Each state involved has to approve the secession - the whole of each state, not just the part of the state that wants to leave. So, for any part of Oregon to secede and form a new state, or to join another state, the whole state of Oregon has to vote to allow it. It does not matter how small or large the area is.

Do you really think that Portland/Salem/Eugene (who make up the majority of Oregon population) voters will vote to allow this? No, they will not.

2) The US Congress would need to approve the secession/etc.

Again. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Huge. Waste. Of. Time. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that besides these movements being formed and pushed by delusional people, they are also allowed to continue to keep such people distracted from activism on other issues that have an actual chance of winning/defeating/etc.

Precisely why I don't think it'll happen. They don't want Bend.
Bend has gone to hell in the 20 years that I have lived here in Central Oregon. Driving through Bend is like driving though Beverly Hills with all the ahole lawyers and privileged soccer moms who like to pretend their excrement doesn't stink.

Last Edited:
Was over there last November reminds me of most Metropolitan areas. Only reason I can think of going back that way is Nosler seconds and the cost of the trip offsets the cost of my purchases. It certainly has grown up fast

Was over there last November reminds me of most Metropolitan areas. Only reason I can think of going back that way is Nosler seconds and the cost of the trip offsets the cost of my purchases. It certainly has grown up fast
When I moved to Redmond 20 years ago Bend was a friendly place. Now it is obnoxious urban hell just like the places all the Cali's were trying to run away from.

A lot of fantasy involved in this supposed paradise option! NOTE: most if not all realtors ware soliciting buyers to move from Cali and other dungholes to the eastern towns and small cities in the eastern parts of OR and WA - this was in the 80s and 90s. Look at the sprawl that these solicitations have created in supposed paradise hamlets! As has been said on many occasions, clean up your own toilets!

Once Greater Idaho is established, the rest will be easy!

The Greater Idaho Militia can begin coordinating with the PATRIOTS in the respective remaining counties of Oregon and can then begin liberating those counties on the weekends as time permits...saving Portland for last.

Once the Militia has the remaining counties under control, they can then begin the process of walling off Portland...to ensure that the disease is contained and can never spreads again.

There's probably also a fair number of counties in Northern California that would help the Idaho Militia in this effort...in exchange for future admittance to Greater Idaho. It's a win/win.

WOLVERINES!
The State of Jefferson,[ the northern CA counties that have 3 times tried to break away from CA] once got a vote to form their own state. They convinced the voters statewide that they shared no interest with the rest of the state and convinced the southern voters that they were a drain on the rest of the state.
They got a Vote scheduled for Congress to give the final vote in November 1941. We all know what happened on Dec 7 1941. And the subject was dropped until the 1980's when the State wide vote left the State of Jefferson short about 30,000 votes.
Sometime around 2010 this came up again, But the populated counties stood to lose a couple Congress seats and would be creating a Conservative state with two likely Conservative Senators.
The last try in CA had them cutting the state in thirds with coastal CA having the population, Central CA having the farming and wilderness areas, And Jefferson in the North with Mining, Minerals and Water! This was dead before the first vote, because it created two new Conservative states each with Two new Senators, and 4 to 6 Congress seats.

What gives me hope for this case of Greater Idaho is there would be no change in Senators and Idaho would only gain possibly one Congress seat. congress seats are granted by population. This very little change may get them the support they will need to get through Congress.

Good Luck DR

The State of Jefferson,[ the northern CA counties that have 3 times tried to break away from CA] once got a vote to form their own state. They convinced the voters statewide that they shared no interest with the rest of the state and convinced the southern voters that they were a drain on the rest of the state.
They got a Vote scheduled for Congress to give the final vote in November 1941. We all know what happened on Dec 7 1941. And the subject was dropped until the 1980's when the State wide vote left the State of Jefferson short about 30,000 votes.
Sometime around 2010 this came up again, But the populated counties stood to lose a couple Congress seats and would be creating a Conservative state with two likely Conservative Senators.
The last try in CA had them cutting the state in thirds with coastal CA having the population, Central CA having the farming and wilderness areas, And Jefferson in the North with Mining, Minerals and Water! This was dead before the first vote, because it created two new Conservative states each with Two new Senators, and 4 to 6 Congress seats.

What gives me hope for this case of Greater Idaho is there would be no change in Senators and Idaho would only gain possibly one Congress seat. congress seats are granted by population. This very little change may get them the support they will need to get through Congress.

Good Luck DR
At the State Level, the reason Oregon Legislature won't let this happen... it means losing that sweet Federal grant money, mineral, timber and property taxes (agriculture); and since both Chambers are portioned according to population ( :rolleyes: ) , it doesn't effect them that much; but it could be argued that itd make Oregon Legislature even more Supermajority D...

On the Idaho side; I'm assuming they don't want to end up having 1 D and 1 R Senators, plus however many Reps gained in Congress, with a good chance of the number of D reps increasing?

Nope - there isn't a chance.:s0054:

I've said this before, I will say it again, the following needs to happen first:

1) Each state involved has to approve the secession - the whole of each state, not just the part of the state that wants to leave. So, for any part of Oregon to secede and form a new state, or to join another state, the whole state of Oregon has to vote to allow it. It does not matter how small or large the area is.

Do you really think that Portland/Salem/Eugene (who make up the majority of Oregon population) voters will vote to allow this? No, they will not.

2) The US Congress would need to approve the secession/etc.

Again. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Huge. Waste. Of. Time. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that besides these movements being formed and pushed by delusional people, they are also allowed to continue to keep such people distracted from activism on other issues that have an actual chance of winning/defeating/etc.

Regarding your point in #1, I don't think the bigger cities on the west side would care at all if Greater Idaho happened, as a fair amount of taxes from the west side of the state goes to cover roads and other infrastructure on the east side. Also, I think (and I could very well be wrong) that there exists no special affinity to the east side from the west siders, other than possibly hunting and other recreation.

Just some thoughts.

Regarding your point in #1, I don't think the bigger cities on the west side would care at all if Greater Idaho happened, as a fair amount of taxes from the west side of the state goes to cover roads and other infrastructure on the east side. Also, I think (and I could very well be wrong) that there exists no special affinity to the east side from the west siders, other than possibly hunting and other recreation.

Just some thoughts.
Federal $$ for the Wildernesses, National Forests, National Monuments, BLM property, property taxes from the ranches and agriculture, as well as mineral rights...?

Federal $$ for the Wildernesses, National Forests, National Monuments, BLM property, property taxes from the ranches and agriculture, as well as mineral rights...?

Federal dollars for national lands goes to wages for employees and infrastructure works, so I do not believe the amount of money that western Oregon would lose of Idaho would gain, would much come into play in the greater scheme of things. I have no idea what property taxes are for the dry side but reckon they ae very low compared to the property taxes on the west side, as I imagine there is a lot of "write off".

Just my opinion(s) though.

On a personal note, I have no dog in this fight one way or the other, but I feel that if the good folks in eastern Oregon want a change due to some compelling reasons of their own, who am I to blow against the wind?

It'll never happen. Never. Just like we'll never fix the daylight savings time clusterfeck
or the Electoral College

or Term Limits

or (more relevant to this thread), the power balance between Portland/Salem/Eugene & the rest of the state.

Most of the voters in the state Portland/Salem/Eugene will vote however the PTB tell them to vote for/against, and the PTB do not want to divide up the state. Nor does WA DC want that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top