JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you have to go there? Don't know many serving LEOs in this state, do you? I know over a hundred who resigned or lateraled just because of the vax issue, and a lot more who are not going to concern themselves with enforcing 5078.
How about the gun show promoters? WAC has the most security I have ever seen at a show, and I'm told they will start having cavity checks soon at a gun show near you.

How about the gun show promoters? WAC has the most security I have ever seen at a show, and I'm told they will start having cavity checks soon at a gun show near you.
Not sure what this means other than if one is worried about the unobtrusive security at WAC show, one might be somewhat hypersensitive.

And still waiting to hear about all the examples and be shown the video of the law enforcement officers in Washington with their Nazi-like enforcement of 5078...

Not sure what this means other than if one is worried about the unobtrusive security at WAC show, one might be somewhat hypersensitive.

And still waiting to hear about all the examples and be shown the video of the law enforcement officers in Washington with their Nazi-like enforcement of 5078...
Try another show anywhere and see how they do their security. Which brings to mind the purpose of security at a gun show. I honestly was told it was to prevent theft because real cops were there for law enforcement. So, the question is: should security guards at gun shows be like LEO's. I don't think so, I'm not the promoter, just the table holder.

The problem comes when all those "good" cops are replaced with the younger "just doing what I'm told, going by the book
" generation.
Yes sadly the one making that poor claim knows that too. Some will support the blue to the point of literally walking around their head in the sand and refuse all facts. The kind who can watch a video and tell you it did not happen. While I support the blue over the top, I DO NOT support those who do stupid things, then pretend it did not happen. This great hoax really shined a light on just how many will just "follow orders" no matter what those orders are. Really sad since the people giving those orders are also the first ones to throw the Cops under the bus for votes too. :mad:

Why do some Americans need and/or want AR15s and high capacity magazines?
Yup.....the "enemy" sometimes comes enmasse.

Rrrrrrright.......the 2nd A ain't just about hunting. Damm if some politicians don't know and/or pretend not to know, what the 2nd A is there for.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Just recently was in one of the larger gun stores in Portland. They were checking ID for magazine sales. They were not taking down any of the ID info just checking and were NOT selling any mags over 10 round capacity to WA residents.

Something I'm sure their lawyers came up with to protect themselves from future litigation.

Just recently was in one of the larger gun stores in Portland. They were checking ID for magazine sales. They were not taking down any of the ID info just checking and were NOT selling any mags over 10 round capacity to WA residents.

Something I'm sure their lawyers came up with to protect themselves from future litigation.
That is stupid.

WA state law does not prohibit buying mags in another state - it cannot do that - no state can make such a law (although Texas and some others are trying to do that with abortion).

I would really like to know what LGS it is that is doing this? I think we all should know which store/corporation is that stupid so we can decide for ourselves whether to do business with them.

California forbids its citizens from going to another state and buying a rifle in that state and bringing it back into California whether that rifle is legal in CA or not. Federal law says its fine. CA does not. This isn't unprecedented.

California forbids its citizens from going to another state and buying a rifle in that state and bringing it back into California whether that rifle is legal in CA or not. Federal law says its fine. CA does not. This isn't unprecedented.
The illegal act is importing the rifle, not buying it elsewhere. Same for mags in WA state; as a WA state resident you can buy/own/possess any mag or long gun outside WA state, you just can't import/transport some of them into WA state.

Last Edited:
The illegal act is importing the rifle, not buying it elsewhere. Same for mags in WA state; as a WA state resident you can buy/own/possess any mag or long gun outside WA state, you just can't import/transport some of them into WA state.
You are not allowed to buy a rifle in another state if you reside in California. Go to Bi Mart and look at the notice on the wall at the sporting goods counter. No sales to California residents. Its there because of a California law.

You are not allowed to buy a rifle in another state if you reside in California. Go to Bi Mart and look at the notice on the wall at the sporting goods counter. No sales to California residents. Its there because of a California law.
You are correct. I forgot that the purchase must be legal in the home state of the buyer. The same is not true for mags because mags are not (yet) regulated by federal law.

I don't blame them. The AG here is "probably" not interested but, some small business can be done in by people like him. He has unlimited money if he gets pissed off at someone. Its NOT the shop in OR's fault the people in WA allowed this to happen to them.

I can't keep the gun at my other, out of state house? Or at the residence of a friend or relative? That doesn't sound right. California law does not extend beyond the physical borders of the state.

I can't keep the gun at my other, out of state house? Or at the residence of a friend or relative? That doesn't sound right. California law does not extend beyond the physical borders of the state.
If you are a resident of the state of California you are not legally allowed to buy it. That's in the 68 GCA . If you have dual residency you can. Friend or relative? Nope

Federal law/rules/regs, say that when you buy a long gun in another state (other than the state you are a resident in), the purchase must go thru an FFL and it must comply with the laws of the state you are a resident of.

May a licensee sell a firearm to a nonlicensee who is a resident of another state?

Generally, a firearm may not lawfully be sold by a licensee to a nonlicensee who resides in a state other than the state in which the seller's licensed premises is located. However, the sale may be made if the firearm is shipped to a licensee whose business is in the purchaser's state of residence and the purchaser takes delivery of the firearm from the licensee in his or her state of residence.

In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the state where the licensee's business premises is located in an over–the–counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with state law in the state where the licensee is located and in the state where the purchaser resides.
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3); 27 CFR 478.99(a)]

Federal law/rules/regs, say that when you buy a long gun in another state (other than the state you are a resident in), the purchase must go thru an FFL and it must comply with the laws of the state you are a resident of.

May a licensee sell a firearm to a nonlicensee who is a resident of another state?

Generally, a firearm may not lawfully be sold by a licensee to a nonlicensee who resides in a state other than the state in which the seller's licensed premises is located. However, the sale may be made if the firearm is shipped to a licensee whose business is in the purchaser's state of residence and the purchaser takes delivery of the firearm from the licensee in his or her state of residence.

In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the state where the licensee's business premises is located in an over–the–counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with state law in the state where the licensee is located and in the state where the purchaser resides.
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3); 27 CFR 478.99(a)]

Hmm. It's possible to be a resident of more than one state, but the tax implications can be undesirable.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top