JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a Message from a band new account made 5 minutes before they sent me a message asking me to ship a HI cap P11 Mag. ( see screen shot). I'm assuming this is illegal to ship to CA. even in a private party transaction but it somebody wants to educate or throw out confirmation bias I'd appreciate it. Anyone else encountered this on the page?

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 09-28-43 Kel-tec P11 20rd magazine by Pro Mag.png

Yes, it goes against California state commerce laws. The chances of you actually being charged are slim, but I wouldn't ship to an unknown party. Federally, it's legal, and you wouldn't be breaking any Oregon state laws, but California wouldn't be so happy.

AFT agents hopping on gun forums now?
If the person is in California and hip enough to be on a gun forum.. odds are they grasp the laws and are trying to circumvent them.

However.. them asking about promag being American made.. or if that even matters being promag is a bit odd.

Kinda related story. I almost fell victim to a ATF sting at a pre SB941 gun show in Douglas County a few years back.

I was approached by a man in the parking lot who offered to buy the two pistols I was packing in. We agreed to a price, I started writing up a bill of sale, then my gut instincts kicked in that something was off. I asked if he was an Oregon resident. He responded "No". That was a hard pump the brakes. I told him that I legally cannot sell him these guns here and he just said "OK" and walked away.

As he walked off I could hear him talking to himself but didn't hear was was said. I looked around the parking lot and across the entrance road, to the west, there is a elevated parking lot that overlooks the gunshow parking. Parked along the edge were some dark blue crown vics without plates.

Always listen to your gut, don't do illegal bubblegum. If he wants the mags he can drive across 3 borders and get them himself.

Last Edited:
Always listen to your gut, don't do illegal bubblegum.
Ditto this!

I once had a guy call me about a Glock I had for sale (pre SB941) and he asked me to meet him at the Safeway lot in Redmond on a Saturday morning so I thought that was pretty safe but when I saw the vehicle he described he would be in my spidey senses went UP....

The 'Chevy Van' he described looked like he was living in it and and he matched as well. He also was ready to buy the gun essentially immediatly for my asking price so I told him I will do it if he follows me to an LGS for a transfer that I would pay for but he got pizzy and refused and I said 'see ya'.

In conclusion it did not 'feel right' and I got 'bad vibes' from the guy.

Ditto this!

I once had a guy call me about a Glock I had for sale (pre SB941) and he asked me to meet him at the Safeway lot in Redmond on a Saturday morning so I thought that was pretty safe but when I saw the vehicle he described he would be in my spidey senses went UP....

The 'Chevy Van' he described looked like he was living in it and and he matched as well. He also was ready to buy the gun essentially immediatly for my asking price so I told him I will do it if he follows me to an LGS for a transfer that I would pay for but he got pizzy and refused and I said 'see ya'.

In conclusion it did not 'feel right' and I got 'bad vibes' from the guy.
I know you do not mean me because i am a partime van lifer in a Chevy Van. Even in AZ, some buyers and sellers were suspicious of dealing with me but i am able to back up any concerns they may have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top